"Jesus is my homeboy" T-shirts are offensive crew sign in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't seen one of these, but I have seen numerous t-shirts that mimic pepsi or other product ads, which really irk me. It's probably copyright infringement as well. It seems dishonest more than clever.

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sam Gamgee said:
It's another way to say that they love God.

I have no problem with it.
:| Not the way I've seen the kind of people who like to wear stuff like that. Living like hell but going to heaven-type mentality with most

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

ruby_redeemed

Sola Deo Gloria
Dec 10, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
✟669.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
butxifxnot said:
:| Not the way I've seen the kind of people who like to wear stuff like that. Living like hell but going to heaven-type mentality with most
Are you talking about someone that is not a Christian wearing the shirt, or are you talking about a Christian who doesn't look like a Christian?

Upvote 0

Faith In God

Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
ruby_redeemed said:
Are you talking about someone that is not a Christian wearing the shirt, or are you talking about a Christian who doesn't look like a Christian?
Doesn't look like a Christian? How about luke-warm. I'm not saying that wearing that shirt makes a person so, but the kind of people that do that kind of thing are generally the typical church-goer who doesn't live like a Christian when not at church.

Upvote 0

ruby_redeemed

Sola Deo Gloria
Dec 10, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
✟669.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
butxifxnot said:
Doesn't look like a Christian? How about luke-warm. I'm not saying that wearing that shirt makes a person so, but the kind of people that do that kind of thing are generally the typical church-goer who doesn't live like a Christian when not at church.
That's not the case where I live. The kids that wear these shirts are awsome! When I was in high school I wore the shirts that have a logo on them, but are related to Christ some how. So does that me you would judge me and say I was "lukewarm"?
Clothes, hair, shoes they don't make you a Christian or not a Christian. I don't think that's fair to judge someone by what they wear. You should try talking to them and see what their personality says about them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam Gamgee

Jan 17, 2005
New Hampshire, United States
Visit site
✟17,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
butxifxnot said:

Understood.

You never know, though. They could be living a very Christian lifestyle, but maybe they still want to "fit in" and be liked by their peers. Isn't that what we all truly want?

Upvote 0

Faith In God

Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
ruby_redeemed said:
That's not the case where I live. The kids that wear these shirts are awsome! When I was in high school I wore the shirts that have a logo on them, but are related to Christ some how. So does that me you would judge me and say I was "lukewarm"?
Clothes, hair, shoes they don't make you a Christian or not a Christian. I don't think that's fair to judge someone by what they wear. You should try talking to them and see what their personality says about them.
I'm not talking about strangers I see on the street. I mean people I see regularly. It's not like I don't see how they act and what their personalities are. Yes, clothes are not everything, but that does not mean that they aren't anything.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
ruby_redeemed said:

What does a Christian look like?

Upvote 0

reformedfan

Senior Veteran
Dec 18, 2003
http://lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/portal.php
Visit site
✟12,904.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sam Gamgee said:
Understood.

You never know, though. They could be living a very Christian lifestyle, but maybe they still want to "fit in" and be liked by their peers. Isn't that what we all truly want?

Now wait a minnit. Suddenly being openly Christian enough to wear it on a shirt is desirable among kids & their peers? What an easy & great way for Christian kids- brave, bold ones who don't fear the likely backlash, to proclaim Christ to the pop culture they live in. If you don't like those shirts, than I just betcha you didn't like Paul's sermon at the Aereopogus when he refered to pagan poets & even quoted their works as a means of evangelizing the lost. I think it takes someone with a better than lukewarm walk to be openly Christ's follower in spite of the rabidly anti Christian climate we live in.

The real problem is how expensive those 'proclaiming Christ the cute way' shirts & hats cost:eek:

Reactions: Celticflower
Upvote 0

ruby_redeemed

Sola Deo Gloria
Dec 10, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
✟669.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mhatten said:
What does a Christian look like?
Well that's my point. You can say someone is a Christian or not, by what they look like! Especially to say they aren't a Christian becuase of the shirt they are wearing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ruby_redeemed

Sola Deo Gloria
Dec 10, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
✟669.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
reformedfan said:
Now wait a minnit. Suddenly being openly Christian enough to wear it on a shirt is desirable among kids & their peers? What an easy & great way for Christian kids- brave, bold ones who don't fear the likely backlash, to proclaim Christ to the pop culture they live in. If you don't like those shirts, than I just betcha you didn't like Paul's sermon at the Aereopogus when he refered to pagan poets & even quoted their works as a means of evangelizing the lost. I think it takes someone with a better than lukewarm walk to be openly Christ's follower in spite of the rabidly anti Christian climate we live in.

The real problem is how expensive those 'proclaiming Christ the cute way' shirts & hats cost:eek:
Those shirts here are only $10-15. They are a lot cheaper then the name brnad stuff.

Upvote 0

Sam Gamgee

Jan 17, 2005
New Hampshire, United States
Visit site
✟17,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
reformedfan said:

Your post confuses me.

I'm advocating wearing those shirts. I'm not a against them at all.

I think that even a lukewarm walk is still a walk. I don't judge other's faith in Christ based their level of ferver or their knowledge of the Bible. In my opinion, if someone accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, they are a Christian.

So, my next logical step to forming my opinion is: If a teenager who has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior wants to show it via a t-shirt, but that same teenager also want to be "cool" with his peers, I'm all for it. I'm not concerned with the way the message is worded. It's still a good message.

It's basically another way to say "Jesus is my friend"

Upvote 0

kathokatho

Feb 24, 2005
✟117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm not sure if it's right or wrong...but, I rather see that that some kids wearing "Satan is my Homeboy".

I think if we paid more attention to the bigger issues in this country and around the world as it pertains to what God would have us to do for our Fellow Man....that all of these smaller issues that everyone seems to deem important to debate over...would resolve themselves.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.