Jesus has no DNA from Mary

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, my point is that it is just speculation really, you can prove that Jesus was from David, and that Jesus was at least half human, but you can also prove that he was half God.

For me: Genesis 3:15 (Which is clearly a recognized Messianic prophecy by all Christians) knocks this one out of the park. Jesus is the "seed of the woman" according to Genesis 3:15. Again, what is a "seed"? Please read Genesis 38:9 in a few translations to see what a "seed" can refer to. You can check that here at Biblehub if you are interested. But I have to warn you and other readers that this verse is a bit private or intimate in nature. I also would not prefer to discuss this verse openly here on the forums because of that reason, too. The verse pretty much speaks for itself and needs no defense or explanation.

I hope this helps;
And may God bless you.

• Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know, my point is that it is just speculation really, you can prove that Jesus was from David, and that Jesus was at least half human, but you can also prove that he was half God.
Jesus was half God?

You need to have a chat with an inquisitor.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus had to have DNA from Mary. For the simple reason that Jesus had to be a man, a kinsman redeemer. If he wasn't man he could never have freed us from our sin.
Hebrews 2:11 states that "Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers." Jesus is not only our redeemer from sin, but as Hebrews 2:16-18 and 4:14-16 point out, he is a kinsman to us and understands our struggles. Thus he is able to help us in our times of need.
Mary was a virgin and contributed her DNA, not Joseph. Mary went on to have four boys and at least two daughters. Mary had four other sons, Joseph, James, Jude, and Simon. Because of the virgin birth, Joseph was not the father of Jesus so these were the half brothers of Jesus. The last three mentioned are not to be confused with those who were disciples of Jesus by the same name. Here are some passages where the other sons of Mary by Joseph are mentioned (Matt. 12:46; 13:55; Mark 6:3; John 2:12; 7:3, 5, 10; Acts 1:14; 1 Cor. 9:5; Gal. 1:19).
You said that Jesus did not have a human father, but you failed to mention the paternal lineage of Jesus?

Was Jesus from Mary or was Jesus from above?

Upvote 0

jt apostate

Mar 2, 2015
✟15,432.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has no DNA from Mary, because Mary is a surrogated mother only.

Then there will be no need of Immaculate Conception: the conception of the Virgin Mary free from original sin by virtue of the merits of her son Jesus.

Gestational surrogacy was first achieved in April 1986. It takes place when an embryo created by in vitro fertilization (IVF) technology is implanted in a surrogate, sometimes called a gestational carrier.

Gestational surrogacy may take a number of forms, but in each form the resulting child is genetically unrelated to the surrogate.

Holy Spirit created the embryo of Jesus inside Mary.
Why, just why Nestorius?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually this has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with his nature ..
Just the fact that the word became flesh by the power of the holy Spirit and no part of marys flesh is involved. She just carried him and birthed him forth...
And thats just simply as scripture says
That understanding is above the simple observation of the man, Christ Jesus.

The trivial female human mother does not interact or interfere with the identity of the divine creator.

'Blessed is the womb that bore you Jesus'

That is the human observation and understanding and this is in direct conflict with the profound reality. Of God with us, the light that shone in the darkness, through whom everything exists. Mary exists because Jesus created Mary and not the other way around.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jesus' DNA had to come from somewhere. Presumably half of it came from God. I'm simply saying that it would make at least as much sense for him to use Joseph's DNA as the pattern as to create it from scratch. That way it would be actual human DNA, which is consistent with Jesus being fully human.

Nothing is said about the mechanism of the conception. Obviously anything we say is speculation. But God could well have used actual sperm from Joseph (or anyone else, but Joseph seems to make the most sense). I'm sure God could manage to get it to the right place.
Jesus' DNA came from Mary.. there is no way any of it came from Joseph. Nor is there any need for it.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure God doesn't have DNA, so he can't have been the biological father. Jesus can't have had only Mary's. That would make him female. Either God used DNA from an actual man or he created it. Theologically it would make more sense for him to use an actual man's, though God is certainly not obligated to act in accordance with our theology.
No, only having Mary's DNA would not make Jesus female.... That is all about Chromosomes. XX is female.... XY is male.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was the authors purpose in listing the geneology if it had no relation to Jesus?

Notice that both paternal and maternal lineage is given--so are you saying that was meant to indicate Jesus had Joseph's DNA as well? You can't use that argument for only one side.

That is Jesus "by the flesh."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have any contemporary references which would substantiate the backdrop belief of the audience that one can acquire a geneology through womb rather than blood? Such a backdrop would have to exist for the author's to communicate the idea.

Actually, you would need to provide an ancient reference asserting that Jesus had DNA from Mary.

That concept is modern--the ancients believed that the seed was wholly from the man--that the woman merely provided a gestation environment.

In the case of Jesus, they were correct. The Holy Spirit did not place His sperm in Mary to inseminate one of her ova, He placed the complete zygote of Jesus into Mary.

Which is actually the only thing that makes sense.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Christ had no human DNA, then He would not be called the son of man and could not relate to us in our temptations and sufferings to become our High Priest. Because the first Adam caused the sin problem, there needed to be a second Adam to solve it.

Why would God not be able to create DNA from scratch, as with Adam?

Creating the DNA from scratch as with the first Adam is the specific reason why Jesus is the Second Adam and not merely a descendant from Adam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually they do on occasion.

Understanding Genetics

That link point's out that it's a physical error that sometimes allows the blood of the mother and the fetus to mix.

I think we can presume no such errors occurred in Jesus' gestation.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly - all flesh, all humans, have DNA.
Jesus was fully human. If he didn't have Mary's DNA, whose did he have?
God CHOSE for his Son to be born, as babies are, from a woman.

Adam was CREATED as a grown man - he was never a baby who grew up.

Adam was created as a grown man with DNA, which he passed down his lineage.

If Jesus had had Mary's DNA, then there would be be people today who share maternal DNA with Jesus and there would be discernible genetic markers to locate them, even as there are discernible genetic markers to identify descendants of Aaron. My goodness, what an incredible mess that would be.

Jesus was created as a zygote with unique DNA--fully human DNA but not derived from Adam. And Jesus' DNA has not been passed down any lineage. Nobody has or can can claim physical lineage with Jesus.

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere in scripture does it imply that Mary was sinless...
Correct, can't agree more.
But this created a lot of theological debates in the past thousand of years

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam was created as a grown man with DNA, which he passed down his lineage.

If Jesus had had Mary's DNA, then there would be be people today who share maternal DNA with Jesus and there would be discernible genetic markers to locate them, even as there are discernible genetic markers to identify descendants of Aaron. My goodness, what an incredible mess that would be.

Jesus was created as a zygote with unique DNA--fully human DNA but not derived from Adam. And Jesus' DNA has not been passed down any lineage. Nobody has or can can claim physical lineage with Jesus.
Correct!
4 types of creationt of human being

Adams from dust
Eve from rib
We from phyiscal mother and father

Jesus perfect human DNA from Holy Spirit alone and Born sinless Human for the first time in Human history! Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What does being born a King and being worshiped at birth have anything to do with how He was created? How does that relate to what I said?

I never said Jesus was the offspring of Adam either. (You need to read posts more carefully.) He was called the "Last Adam" (I Corinthians 15:46)
The mention of the phrase the 'last Adam' does not support your claim, please read in the context.

1 Corinthians 15:45
So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

The Christ was not a living soul but a life generating Spirit. There is an astronomical difference between these two identities.
To say "Jesus was never a created entity" isn't accurate either; because Jesus did not possess a human nature prior to creation's existence, or prior to incarnation.
You are wrong on this point, Jesus did appear in human form before the incarnation in the Old Testament.

The topic of a theophany is often neglected in biblical and theological studies, though it is very important.

Joshua 5:13-15
Now it came about when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing opposite him with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went to him and said to him, “Are you for us or for our adversaries?” He said, “No; rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the Lord.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said to him, “What has my lord to say to his servant?” The captain of the Lord’s host said to Joshua, “Remove your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so.
The Son (2nd person of the Trinity) certainly has an eternal existence; but make no mistake the humanity of Jesus certainly had an origin.
Jesus never had an origin, Jesus wrestled with Jacob and appeared to Abraham in human form.

Your attempting to limit Jesus and to define Jesus within time and space, this cannot be done.

Daniel 7:13
I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven one like a Son of Man was coming. And He came up to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him.

There is Jesus in heaven in the form of a son of man. This is not a descendant of Adam by any analyses. Your grossly under estimating the Word.
Carbon based life has form and structure, where as God does not because He's Spirit. If God is the only entity that exists prior to Him creating anything; to say the entirety of the Son (fleshy form) is also eternally existent would be an oxymoron. A substance Deity (or substance form of Deity) can not exist prior to substance created. That's illogical.
Your attempting to understand the Christ from a human perspective, so heresy will flow.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong.

Just before His Passion, the Savior said, "No one takes My life. I give it."

The storm could never have capsized the boat with Jesus in it.

I believe that Jesus' recalling (perhaps recitation) of Psalm 22 was the mechanism by which He caused His flesh to be subject to death. I don't think that without His own will to permit it that the nails would even have been able to penetrate His skin.

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you are infallible in this idea you have, right?
No , only a suggestion.
But i want to releas thousands of people who may have the bondage to worship Mary because of the potential subconcsious belief of Sinless Mary

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP seems to be assuming that our DNA is somehow the cause of sin, so that new different DNA is needed. But if he obeyed because his DNA is different, that makes Jesus' obedience no accomplishment, and irrelevant to us.
No, my point is the human race is under cursed by God after the Fall.
There is a very likely possibility that we are all born sinner with the inherited DNA.

Upvote 0