Jesus gave me a blue stone?

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This happened quite a while ago and I still don't really understand it. I was praying and then I was walking up a narrow track on a mountainside and then on my right was a cave. I went into the cave and there was Jesus. On the ground around Him were lots of rocks/stones, different gems but not polished or cut as in jewellery.
Then he handed to me a rough, blue stone about as big or slightly bigger than the palm of my hand. I have tried to research blue stones in the Bible but am still not really sure what this was about.

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
Pearisburg, Giles Country, Virginia
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Perhaps the color blue was referencing to how Heaven would look and what stones would be on the walls of Heaven?

“The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst” (Revelation 21:19-20).

Perhaps the blue may be referencing to this? Perhaps it may be symbolism?

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This happened quite a while ago and I still don't really understand it. I was praying and then I was walking up a narrow track on a mountainside and then on my right was a cave. I went into the cave and there was Jesus. On the ground around Him were lots of rocks/stones, different gems but not polished or cut as in jewellery.
Then he handed to me a rough, blue stone about as big or slightly bigger than the palm of my hand. I have tried to research blue stones in the Bible but am still not really sure what this was about.
When you say "blue stone" do you refer to a gem or a rock? Was it light or dark blue?

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you say "blue stone" do you refer to a gem or a rock? Was it light or dark blue?

It was a rock which was if I remember rightly, more or less all blue. But it was rough...as I say, like a rock dug out, but before it is cut into shapes, polished etc for jewellery or decoration. It was a dark blue I think..maybe mid blue..definitely not a light blue.
I really ought to write things down when I have something like this happen, but never think of it at the time :(

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was a rock which was if I remember rightly, more or less all blue. But it was rough...as I say, like a rock dug out, but before it is cut into shapes, polished etc for jewellery or decoration. It was a dark blue I think..maybe mid blue..definitely not a light blue.
I really ought to write things down when I have something like this happen, but never think of it at the time :(
I associate blue with wisdom. I also associate rocks with milestones (achievements). When I read your post it reminded me of the book Hinds Feet in High Places.

I wonder if it means God is giving you wisdom, but it will need development/growth (polishing) and it will need to be in communion with Him, in secret (cave), which can be a difficult season, but Jesus will be there with you.

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very nice dream. I don't think that what the particular stone was matters as much as it being blue. I agree with Christian Sonic that it represented Heaven. (Blue is often associated with the sky and Heaven.) It was a positive dream where Jesus is giving you salvation. Taking you out of the darkness (the cave) and handing you the light of Heaven. The fact that there was many rocks, means others will also get this gift.

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I associate blue with wisdom. I also associate rocks with milestones (achievements). When I read your post it reminded me of the book Hinds Feet in High Places.

I wonder if it means God is giving you wisdom, but it will need development/growth (polishing) and it will need to be in communion with Him, in secret (cave), which can be a difficult season, but Jesus will be there with you.

Ah...do you know...that makes a great deal of sense? I had found out that a blue stone can mean wisdom, but wasn't sure in this case. But what you add sounds to be probably right! I am pretty certain that for a very long while, God has been developing and polishing me as it were. And in secret! And I have had an incredibly difficult time over a lot of years.
For all kinds of reasons I have not actually been a member of or regularly attended a church..and of course now, churches in any case have been closed because of the virus. It's not that I haven't been to church at all or had absolutely no contact with Christians..however, I've been pretty much on my own. But I have thought it is for good reasons. One reason is that I think that I have to learn to rely on and trust God alone. It can be very easy to be 'cosy' in church and depend spiritually (and otherwise) too much on others. I have also been trying to work through a few things.
I also think that if events in the world (which appears to be happening) get even rockier than they already are, then we have to be able to trust, rely on and obey God. We may not be able to go running to a pastor or other leader...or even Christian friends.
Thank you very much for your reply :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Job3315
Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah...do you know...that makes a great deal of sense? I had found out that a blue stone can mean wisdom, but wasn't sure in this case. But what you add sounds to be probably right! I am pretty certain that for a very long while, God has been developing and polishing me as it were. And in secret! And I have had an incredibly difficult time over a lot of years.
For all kinds of reasons I have not actually been a member of or regularly attended a church..and of course now, churches in any case have been closed because of the virus. It's not that I haven't been to church at all or had absolutely no contact with Christians..however, I've been pretty much on my own. But I have thought it is for good reasons. One reason is that I think that I have to learn to rely on and trust God alone. It can be very easy to be 'cosy' in church and depend spiritually (and otherwise) too much on others. I have also been trying to work through a few things.
I also think that if events in the world (which appears to be happening) get even rockier than they already are, then we have to be able to trust, rely on and obey God. We may not be able to go running to a pastor or other leader...or even Christian friends.
Thank you very much for your reply :)
You're welcome! ❤️ Wishing well in your journey!

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where is the stone now?
Oh, not sure really...that was it, after He gave me the stone, that was it. I was kind of dumbfounded and only now have asked anyone what it means, not having been able to find out elsewhere or by asking God. Sometimes things make sense a long time afterwards and start falling into place. Sometimes the meaning, understanding or interpretaion of something isn't immediately apparent. One has to wait.

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very nice dream. I don't think that what the particular stone was matters as much as it being blue. I agree with Christian Sonic that it represented Heaven. (Blue is often associated with the sky and Heaven.) It was a positive dream where Jesus is giving you salvation. Taking you out of the darkness (the cave) and handing you the light of Heaven. The fact that there was many rocks, means others will also get this gift.

Well, I don't know about salvation seeing that I'd been 'saved' years before. Also the other rocks on the ground were all different types. I assume that they represented different things, things that perhaps are given to various peopel at various times? Also I was already walking up a narrow track on a mountainside and turned off into the cave. I was already journeying as it were in Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I don't know about salvation seeing that I'd been 'saved' years before. Also the other rocks on the ground were all different types. I assume that they represented different things, things that perhaps are given to various peopel at various times? Also I was already walking up a narrow track on a mountainside and turned off into the cave. I was already journeying as it were in Christ.

Well it was just my best guess. You know more about what your dreams mean, than some random yahoo on the net! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Greetings, Tansy. You received some good answers, especially from @Job3315.

Without any more details (there seems to be some things missing), the interpretation is likely as follows:

He is calling you to dedicate yourself to a more accurate understanding of the word, but through the guidance and teaching of the Holy Spirit. The narrow path suggests you are walking the "straight and narrow" with Him, and the mountainside suggests you are ascending in the Kingdom of God spiritually (mountains represent kingdoms in scripture). The cave on the right hand speaks of "entering into" more authority in Christ, and the color blue is associated with the word of God in scripture (Numbers 15:38-41), with Jesus Himself being the Word made flesh. The blue stone He gives you is large but still rough, and as of yet unpolished. Taken together then, it means you need to apply more polish to your knowledge of God's word if you would continue walking the straight and narrow, and ascending in the Kingdom of God.

God bless, and hope it helps.
Hidden In Him

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well it was just my best guess. You know more about what your dreams mean, than some random yahoo on the net! :)

:). Welll, I might have some idea what they DON'T mean, but not necessarily what they DO mean! But thank you in any case for your reply. I think about all replies :). Myself, I don't think I'm any good at interpretation. Rare that I have any insight. Not my gift.

• Friendly
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The vast majority of dreams are quite meaningless and are just the brain rebooting itself while we sleep. In my entire life (77 yrs) I can only recall two dreams that had any meaning to me at all.

Yes although normally one can tell the difference and can link dreams to events of the day, Tv programmes, books you've been reading etc. You can usually tell if a dream has more meaning and is from God. I've had a couple of interesting dreams that way over the years. One in fact before I was actually a Christian in which God was was warning me away from something/someone.

Upvote 0