provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus died for the sins of the entire world. Not just the elect, like some claim. Such a claim forces words like (all) to mean only the elect, but a straightforward interpretation of the word ALL means exactly what it states; ALL. Below are some passages in scripture that confirm that Christ's sacrifice was sufficient for ALL SINS committed. If you have anymore please post them! Let's talk about it:

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:3-6
This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

God bless!

Last edited:

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some people mix up those Jesus died for and those who get saved. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world and every single human being is allowed to accept His gift of salvation - but not all do, and those who don't are lost. Only those who take the offer of salvation will be saved.

The fact that Jesus died does not save anyone per se. Otherwise we would not have to be Christians at all and could live as the rest of the world.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Christ died for everyone.

He didn't just die for some (the elect as Calvinism teaches), or even just the select few who would come to believe (as Arminianism teaches); but for all.

Christ's atonement is neither limited nor unlimited, it is universal. Christ died for all. In Christ all have been justified (Romans 5:18), Christ tasted death for all people (Hebrews 2:9).

So our Lord suffered and died even for those who would not come to faith, even for those who would choose to be damned rather than redeemed.

That is how big the Gospel is. All means all.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

patorceda

Feb 15, 2021
Edinburgh
✟11,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus died for the sins of the entire world. Not just the elect, like some claim. Such a claim forces words like (all) to mean only the elect, but a straightforward interpretation of the word ALL means exactly what it states; ALL. Below are some passages in scripture that confirm that Christ's sacrifice was sufficient for ALL SINS committed. If you have anymore please post them! Let's talk about it:

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:3-6
This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

God bless!

John 3:16 says nothing whatsoever about who will believe in Him.

Upvote 0

patorceda

Feb 15, 2021
Edinburgh
✟11,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 13:47–48

For so the Lord has commanded us, saying,

"I have made you qa light for the Gentiles,
that you may rbring salvation to the ends of the earth.”

And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and sglorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty sure most everyone will agree that Adam's sin applies everyone rather than a few.

Therefore Jesus' atonement for Adam's sin applies to everyone rather than a few.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm pretty sure most everyone will agree that Adam's sin applies everyone rather than a few.

Therefore Jesus' atonement for Adam's sin applies to everyone rather than a few.

Excellent point. I concur.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unbelief is the basis for condemnation not sins. A person does not believe in The Messiah for Gods free gift of Eternal Life then they are condemned

It's belief that Jesus died to pay the price of sin which is death and that He came back to life thus conquering sin and death to give us eternal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's belief that Jesus died to pay the price of sin which is death and that He came back to life thus conquering sin and death to give us eternal life.

It is believing in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life that gives a person eternal life.

Straight from Jesus's mouth, You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

His death and resurrection were one of the signs John writes about (John 20:30, 31) that shows Jesus was who He said he was. The promised Messiah (Son of God) from the prophecies of The Tanakh

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

patorceda

Feb 15, 2021
Edinburgh
✟11,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is believing in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life that gives a person eternal life.

Straight from Jesus's mouth, You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

His death and resurrection were one of the signs John writes about (John 20:30, 31) that shows Jesus was who He said he was. The promised Messiah (Son of God) from the prophecies of The Tanakh

Only God can draw us to Jesus; we can't draw ourselves. I know this from experience.

Upvote 0