✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 23:1-3 ESV

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.”

When we are born into this world of ours, we are born in the image of Adam with sin natures. We are separate from God, unable within ourselves to be acceptable to God. So God the Father sent his only begotten Son to the earth to be born to a human mother, with God himself as the birth father, and with the full intention that Jesus Christ, God the Son, would one day be our final and complete sacrifice for the sins of the entire world.

So, by God-given faith in Jesus Christ, we are crucified with Christ in death to sin, and we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him, no longer as slaves to sin, but now as slaves to God and to his righteousness, in the power of God, to the glory and praise of God. So sin is to no longer reign in our mortal bodies, to where we obey its passions and desires. For if sin is what we obey, it leads to death. But if obedience to our Lord is what we obey, it leads to righteousness, to sanctification, and its end is eternal life.

And now we are in relationship with Jesus Christ, and him with us. He is our shepherd (guide, comforter, encourager, and helper) who leads us in the ways of righteousness for his name’s sake and for the sake of our salvation from our slavery to sin and so that we can have eternal life in him and the forgiveness of sins. He cleanses our hearts of sin and he restores our souls, and now he is our life, he is our Lord and Master, and so we now follow him in obedience to his commands. And he supplies us with all that we need.

[Rom 3:9-26; Rom 5:12-19; 1 Co 15:21-22,42-49; John 1:1-36; John 3:16; Philippians 2:5-11; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; 1 Peter 2:24; Romans 6:1-23; 2 Corinthians 5:15,21; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Titus 2:11-14]

Psalms 23:4-6 ESV

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
“You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.”

Now as followers of Jesus Christ, and as humans who live on this planet earth, we are going to have troubles and heartaches. We are going to face all kinds of difficulties and life’s challenges. We will have trials and tribulations which will test the faith of those of us who believe in Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of our lives. And we will be tempted to sin. And as followers of Jesus Christ we will be hated and persecuted for righteousness’ sake and for the sake of Jesus Christ and his gospel message.

But since Jesus Christ is our Lord and Shepherd, we are to put our absolute faith and trust in him through every difficulty that we face, and we are not to be afraid, for Satan wants us to give up in fear. He wants us to retreat and to fall back into sin and to give up our walks of faith. But we are not to be afraid of him and of his evil plots against us. And we are not to fear what man (or woman) might do to us or say about us, either. But we are to walk through these valleys knowing that our Lord is with us and that he will show us the way, and that he will help and strengthen us through every storm.

For, even though we have enemies who are and who will come against us to try to destroy us and our walks of faith, they can do nothing without God’s permission. And God sets the limits on what they can and cannot do, and our Lord is going to help us every step of the way. So, we never have cause to fear if our faith is firmly planted in Jesus Christ and in his grace and salvation, and if we are following him in obedience to his commands. So, we just need to rest in him and then follow his lead, and then keep trusting him.

[Matt 5:10-12; Matt 10:16-25; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 6:22-23; Lu 21:12-19; Jn 15:1-21; Jn 16:33; Jn 17:14; Ac 14:22; Rom 5:3-5; Phil 3:7-11; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 4:12-17; 2 Tim 3:12; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Jas 1:2-4; 2 Co 1:3-11; Heb 12:3-12; 1 Jn 3:13]

He Lifted Our Burdens

An Original Work / February 15, 2014
Based off Isaiah 9:2-7

People walk in darkness.
They abide in their sin.
It has power o’er them.
True belief escapes them.

Jesus Christ came to save them.
He gave His life up for them;
Crucified; died for our sin,
So we might be forgiven,
And have life up in heaven.

Many come to know Him.
God’s love now o’erflows them.
They rejoice in vict’ry.
Their sin is but hist’ry.

We were once bound in slav’ry.
Jesus lifted our burdens;
Set us now free from Satan,
So we now walk in freedom.
Sin has no more dominion.

Praise be to our Savior!
He showed us His favor.
He took all our burdens;
Cast them all upon Him.

He is our mediator;
The Light which shines in darkness.
Counselor in our troubles;
He gives peace now in our hearts;
Joy which is everlasting.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"He restoreth my soul..."
A great verse for those of us who have endured emotional, intellectual, trauma and tram of the will.
He will restore you.
Back in the 70s I taught a series on soul healing. A much needed concept in this day of wickedness.
Thank you for introducing this thread.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"He restoreth my soul..."
A great verse for those of us who have endured emotional, intellectual, trauma and tram of the will.
He will restore you.
Back in the 70s I taught a series on soul healing. A much needed concept in this day of wickedness.
Thank you for introducing this thread.
Thank you for your comment. All glory to God! Yes, He is the restorer of broken hearts and lives of those who will put their trust in him.

Upvote 0