Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I know that without Christ you have no assurance of the resurrection and forgiveness of sins and that is what brings joy to the believer.

I'm glad that brings you joy. Does it bring you sadness to think that your (or any other Christian's) non-Christian friends and family will be in hell?
My path doesn't have a heaven or hell so it's not applicable to me, therefore, I must conclude that I am indeed more joyful than you.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟61,075.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I attended Calvary Chapel for 9 years so it's not like I'm unable to stick with anything for any length of time. At this point in my life I feel like my search for truth is over. So I'm sure in 5 years I'll probably remain Lutheran.
Do you think that you are the first the leave the Mormon church and then try destroy it? Members of the mob were ex Mormons. Now that you are Lutheran do you spend as much time attacking the Calvert chapel? You said you were in it for 9 years and only a year in the LDS church. Surely it if both are LIES you would be out destroy both.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Do you think that you are the first the leave the Mormon church and then try destroy it? Members of the mob were ex Mormons. Now that you are Lutheran do you spend as much time attacking the Calvert chapel? You said you were in it for 9 years and only a year in the LDS church. Surely it if both are LIES you would be out destroy both.

Calvary Chapel is a very theologically sound mainline evangelical denomination.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad that brings you joy. Does it bring you sadness to think that your (or any other Christian's) non-Christian friends and family will be in hell?
My path doesn't have a heaven or hell so it's not applicable to me, therefore, I must conclude that I am indeed more joyful than you.

How could your joy be full if you do not believe in heaven?

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
GraceTobe you didn't answer my question. Why did you join if you didn't feel it was right?

I already answered this.

I felt it was the right decision at the time but later I did more research and realized all of the errors in Mormonism.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟61,075.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Calvary Chapel is a very theologically sound mainline evangelical denomination.
You didn't answer my questions and now I have another one. Why would you leave a church you feel is saved for another church that you say has more truth?

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How could your joy be full if you do not believe in heaven?

I've been married for 15 years with an brilliant daughter, own a nice place in a nice neighborhood, have no debt, a nice job, watch a lot of cartoons, and practice my path in peace and private. I think any description of heaven is just wishful thinking.

How can you have any joy when you know there is an eternal hell and billions of people will be tormented there for the rest of time?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
How can you have any joy when you know there is an eternal hell and billions of people will be tormented there for the rest of time?

Gods word teaches us not to sorrow for those who have no hope. I stay focused on the prize.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟61,075.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did they force you to be baptized? If they did we need to report these guys o church leaders. That's not the way to do it. We ask people to read ponder and pray about it sincerely and through the power of the Holy Ghost he will reveal the truth of it to you. Everyone who is taught is asked to do the same thing. Some elders like to challenge those they teach to see if they are willing to be motivated to read ponder and pray. When I was on my mission forty years ago I challenged them to have a baptism date set on the first discussion if the spirit told me to do so. Not every time did they commit but 80 percent did. It was a goal. There were those who though I was to pushy but I came out later in my life and didn't have time to mess with those who were not sincere enough to take the plunge. I was still friends with them and stopped in when we were in the area but I had a mission and That Was to bare witness that Jesus is the Christ and that there was a restoration of the church Christ organized back on the earth. I was there to teach hem about he restoration and not about all the mortal mistakes man makes or made while the restoration is taking place.
Luther was a anti Semite. Millions of Jews died because of things he wrote. Is Luther to really blame for these deaths. I don't think so. Was he inspired to write the thesis and post it on the door. Yes. He was part of not only the reformation but the restoration. He was one on the many reformers who sacrificed sometimes with their lives to break down the restrictive attitudes and atmosphere so that the resorstion could start and take root.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That is an incorrect conclusion you are drawing.
Fair enough. To me, it seemed an extension of this exchange between yourself and "awitch"--

If only I had a reason to click the play button.

Gracetothehumble said:
So you could be transported from darkness to light I would say should be a good enough reason.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Gods word teaches us not to sorrow for those who have no hope. I stay focused on the prize.

That's really what your god says? Just pretend that all those tortured souls don't exist while you're partying in heaven?
What do you do? Shout, "LALALALALALALA" to drown out the cries of the damned?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟61,075.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What what about the one that strays from the 99? We suppose to give up on them because in our finite wisdom they are lost?

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Can we please get back to the video. I would like to address any comments or concerns for those who have actually watched it. Can we at least make some attempt to get on topic.

It seems like you have an easier time ignoring all those souls in hell than you do ignoring me.
You don't have to reply to that because I'm bowing out of this thread since I have no intention of watching the video.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.