Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

If you watch this video, scroll along to 1.24 you'll see the build-up where 'Jesus appears on stage'

What do you think? Real or not?

God Bless :)
Some 20 or more years ago the so-called Toronto Blessing swept the church. It was a 100% deception. It was Satanic. The manifestations were real but the source was Satan. That is the question I would be asking. What is the source? Satan can appear as an angel of light. If we are to be safe, we need to ensure that we are clad in the armour of God and cover ourselves in the Blood of Christ. Pray. Ask God to reveal the truth about the situation that you are in or witnessing. There are many deceivers and charlatans masquerading as Christians. They will be exposed. The sooner the better!

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
A mans following does little to reflect the true nature of his heart or ministry. A very godly ministry can have but a couple people, while a charlatan can have multitudes.

Hinn's antics in the past would lead more than a few to put him in the charlatan category.
"There will come a time when they will not endure sound doctrine..." Welcome to the last days

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Real. Know pastors at other meetings who said I'm NOT going to fall but did

Recently Yeshua told a pastor that He was going to baptize in Holy Spirit fire. After about a year with thousands of water baptisms, the results include all types of miracles and healings (with medical verification), deliverances, freedom from inappropriate content, drug and tobacco addictions, etc There's testimonies of healed marriages. Pastor says it's definitely not them. Several churches pray together several times a week seeking God's face. When they go into the water it's like there's a truth serum, a holiness, a making whole.
Lord Jesus poured out His Holy Spirit 2,000 years ago, give or take. The Holy Spirit is available to all who will receive Him. Fire from heaven is God's judgement. I prefer not to be around when it's on its way. It's good that people are being set free. However, that should be the norm in the Body of Christ. We pray deliverance and healing routinely in our fellowship. More important is that believers are grounded in God's word so that they can stay free.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes and with Scripture sometimes words have several meanings.

Fire is symbolic of God's presence such as the burning bush (Exo 3); the cloud of fire with the Israelites (Exo 13); in the tabernacle and temple (Exo 30, II Chron 7), and Elijah's showdown ( I Kings) "For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29 and His eyes will be like fire (Rev 1 & 2)

Oh, there's no time limit on Matt 3:11 "...He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" "He will submerge you into union with the Spirit of Holiness and with a raging fire!" TPT

Think we need to be careful looking at someone else such as when Eli misjudged Hannah (I Sam 1) and David's wife was upset because he was dancing (II Sam 6).

Scriptures states they fell - in all directions.

Here's a few:
2Ch 5:14 "So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God."

Rev 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:"

Eze 44:4 "Then the man brought me by way of the north gate to the front of the temple. I looked, and the glory of the Lord filled his temple. And I fell facedown."
CEB

“They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.” John 18:5-6

"Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face." Num 22:3

It doesn't take much to offend believers I've seen one spoken Amen and a few tears do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes and with Scripture sometimes words have several meanings.

Fire is symbolic of God's presence such as the burning bush (Exo 3); the cloud of fire with the Israelites (Exo 13); in the tabernacle and temple (Exo 30, II Chron 7), and Elijah's showdown ( I Kings) "For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29 and His eyes will be like fire (Rev 1 & 2)

Oh, there's no time limit on Matt 3:11 "...He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" "He will submerge you into union with the Spirit of Holiness and with a raging fire!" TPT

Think we need to be careful looking at someone else such as when Eli misjudged Hannah (I Sam 1) and David's wife was upset because he was dancing (II Sam 6).

Scriptures states they fell - in all directions.

Here's a few:
2Ch 5:14 "So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God."

Rev 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:"

Eze 44:4 "Then the man brought me by way of the north gate to the front of the temple. I looked, and the glory of the Lord filled his temple. And I fell facedown."
CEB

“They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.” John 18:5-6

"Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face." Num 22:3

It doesn't take much to offend believers I've seen one spoken Amen and a few tears do it.
The baptism of the Holy Spirit is not the "fire" that Lord Jesus spoke of. Those who think it is the same are at risk of being deceived. "Fire" was a constant theme of the so-called Toronto Blessing. Yes, there is a "fire". We are told that it is a terrifying thing to fall into God's hands. Why? Because He is a consuming fire. We do need "fire", but not in the way that it is often understood. It would be wonderful if the dross of Christianity was consumed by the real fire of God. Current circumstances demonstrate just how little of that is occurring. Like I said, if you are praying for the fire to fall, let me know so I can get well away from you. I don't have a problem with people falling over, except that many preachers push people (experience that myself). I've also just put my hand out to pray over someone and they've fallen. They got up speaking tongues. I have no doubt that it was the Lord. But we need discernment to know what is real and what is fake.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks everyone for your replies. I had several concerns re:the Video.

One was that Jesus appeared and only Benny Hinn was permitted to see him, it reminded me of CS Lewis Book 'The Last Battle'.

Another was that only 'pastors' were permitted up onto the stage to receive a touch from Jesus. Think of all the needy and desperate people that attend such meetings and only a few suited, affluent 'leaders' were permitted to be touched by Jesus. The Lord was filled with compassion for the harassed multitudes, 'like sheep without a shepherd', but in this context the harassed multitude meant little? 'The first will be last and the last will be first'. The Lord when he returns is going to turn everything on it's head.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A number of years ago my employer would use Benny Hinn as a poster child for all that is wrong in Christianity, he called him a fake, a thief living off the money of senior citizens and a whole lot worse.

When his brothers child was born missing a chromosome, the wife decided to bring the child for prayer at one of his conferences, he went ballistic. Spent days almost apoplectic yelling at his brother on the phone etc.

They went anyway.

Long story short, they went, the child has the chromosome he was missing.

He is pretty much silent over the subject now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess its easy to mock Hinn, but i really don't know. I will reserve any judgement to when i know better, i disliked that he asked for money etc, that is almost the only thing i had against him, but now he repented of that.

You know if you say its a work of satan, or a fraud and it isn't you are takling against God right?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Ps Hinn sins with the leaning towards loving money and recently apologised on camera.

The Toronto Blessing is still going. It still draws small crowds. Fire is not only fearsome nor are angels of light. Fire makes one clean of impurities, hot with love.

Satan can imitate the good, but there must be a catch. He will not work for God or fight other evil spirits. He will not make your heart clean or come to love the true God. The catch may be idolatry or a bind to sin attached to a healing.

I can believe that God's Spirit works through Ps Hinn.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know if you say its a work of satan, or a fraud and it isn't you are takling against God right?

Hello NBB. That is what the thread is asking. Is this a work of God or not?

Every eye will see him or not?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

Jesus in the flesh is one thing, but Jesus who is with us to the end of the age, His Holy Spirit is another. Jesus' presence fills the universe, and there is a thickening of his presence. He is in many places at once.

Upvote 0

Roberta McCaslin

Charismatic Messianic Writer
Nov 26, 2019
Edmonton
✟9,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Real. Raised Lutheran I nevertheless went to a Benny Hinn miracle crusade in the '90's. Had a vision of God pouring oil on my head. Then I sent my 6 year old son up onto the stage who had behavioral problems diagnosed as A.D.D. and Benny prayed for him and he fell over back ward and had a vision of God.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roberta McCaslin

Charismatic Messianic Writer
Nov 26, 2019
Edmonton
✟9,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced

Every eye will see Him at the Second Coming. Until then we can experience times of His closeness and presence, we, who have His Holy Spirit we share with Him.

• Informative
Upvote 0