JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn’t I recently answer this question? I thought we agreed that the laws of God are eternal, seems like you are saying that’s not the case now? I will be happy to go though it again when I’m back on my computer. I’m on my iPad now.
Well, if I remember right, your previous response to a similar question was basically
Civil laws
And
Health guidelines.

Now of course, those are categories of laws, not actual laws themselves.

And after that, someone asked me what made something a civil law. I couldn't really say. More importantly, I couldn't say what you believed were the civil laws.

So if you could post the scripture passages where the civil laws and health guidelines are listed, that would be great.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know you asked this to someone else. Hope you do not mind me providing the scripture as I had a spare moment and knew the scriptures.

OLD COVENANT TO ISRAEL BORN OF THE FLESH
(Promise to Abraham and his seed)

Exodus 2:24-25 [24] And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. [25], And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them.

Exodus 6:2-5 [2], And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:1 [3], And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. [4], And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers. [5], And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.

Exodus 19:5-6 [5] Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: [6], And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Exodus 24:7-8 [7]And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient. [8] And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

Exodus 34:27 [27], And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

Exodus 34:10 And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people (Israel in the flesh) I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the LORD: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.

etc etc...

NEW COVENANT TO ISRAEL BORN OF THE SPIRIT
(Promise to all those believe and follow Gods' Word according to the promise)

Jeremiah 31:31-34 [31], Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32], Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:[33], But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Repeated here...

Hebrews 8:10-12 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:5 and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.[12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 10:16-20 [16], This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; [17], And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. [18], Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. [19], Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
[20], By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh

Romans 9:6-8 [6], Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: [7], Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. [8], That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks.

Supposedly there are two covenants of law, which the New Covenant is not, right?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well no...there were quite a few...Abraham, Noach, Moshe, Yeshua...
What law was given, or are the covenants based on, in the covenants of Noah and the New Covenant made in the blood of Jesus the Christ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Talmud (Tractate Makkot 23b) suggests that there are 613...248 positive Commandments and 365 negative Commandments.
All of which were abolished on the cross (Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:14).

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is also my very, very strong belief, that these are also the limits of the letter (of any) law also, etc...
And is why it can only be fully known truly perfectly, only in our own hearts fully at all ever only, etc...
Because it will tell you and guide you and show you very specifically when they "are not" or "cannot", etc...
And when maybe a very much higher, and maybe even very much more greater "law", needs to be applied, etc...
Like when to apply mercy instead of sacrifice, etc...
God Bless!
Sounds like a justification for putting one above the law. . .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Amazing yes.

Me royal priest, me work on Sabbath day.

Mwhaaaaaaaaaaaa.
HEL-L-LP!

Not only that, royal priest, the Sabbath is fulfilled in Christ where we have God's full-time Sabbath rest (God's work ended with the sixth day ) in our full-time rest from working to save ourselves and resting in Jesus' work which saves. (Hebrews 3:7-4:11).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Weird... I almost missed this response, as I didn't get an alert that you quoted my post. That would have been a shame.

Clearly, in my mind, Yahshua was delegated the tasks of the Kohen Gadol; and as I was working my study, that was the context that I was looking for regarding his role, and what we can learn from what was commanded regarding YHWH's table.

However, Yahshua is our Pesach. The Pesach has a much different purpose than the Yom Kippurim.
He is our atonement sacrifice also.

Heb 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 1:6a
I marvel how quickly you have been turned away from The Messiah...
What are We delivered from and what does it mean?
Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Talmud (Tractate Makkot 23b) suggests that there are 613...248 positive Commandments and 365 negative Commandments.
Yes, the 365 sounds familiar.

I think you mentioned in the previous post that there are some laws that we can't do because there is no Temple, etc.
About how many laws do you think that leaves?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What are We delivered from and what does it mean?
Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
In contrast to the eternal age with God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
klutedavid said: Amazing yes. Me royal priest, me work on Sabbath day. Mwhaaaaaaaaaaaa.

HEL-L-LP! Not only that, royal priest, the Sabbath is fulfilled in Christ where we have God's full-time Sabbath rest (God's didn't work ended with the sixth day ) in our full-time rest from working to save ourselves and resting in Jesus' work which saves. (Hebrews 3:7-4:11).

According to the scriptures the Royal Priesthood is to be holy....

1 Peter 2:5 You also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

The Greek word used here describing the the Royal Priesthood as Holy is ἅγιος (hágios | G40) and means to be set apart, sinless (without sin) pure, upright and morally blameless,

Romans 7:12 says that God's 10 commandments are holy (ἅγιος (hágios | G40). Therefore obedience to God's commandments is the standard of holiness and the Royal Priesthood is obedient to God's commandments not disobedient to God's commandments which is the opposite of holy to unholy and unrighteous.

The opposite of holy is unholy which is ἀνόσιος (anósios | G462) which means to be wicked or disobedient to God's law and Word and those who live this lifestyle receive the reward of the wicked

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for murderers,

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Hebrews 10:26-29 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. [28], He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: [29], Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, with which he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite to the Spirit of grace?

Revelation 22:11-15 [11], He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. [12], And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. [13], I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. [14], Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. [15], For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and fornicators, and murderers, and idolaters, and whoever loves and makes a lie.

According to the scriptures, sin in the scripture is linked to being unholy while to be holy is linked to being obedient to God's law and word. Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments and not believing and following God's Word *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:10-11.

This is demonstrated further in Revelation 14:12 where the same Greek word for Holy (ἅγιος (hágios | G40) is used to describe Gods' saints who keep Gods' commandments where it says that Gods' saints (ἅγιος (hágios | G40) keep all the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12 [12], Here is the patience of the saints: (ἅγιος (hágios | G40; Holy) here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus

Therefore holiness is directly linked to obedience to God's commandments according to the scriptures just the same as the Royal Priesthood.

The duty of the holy Royal Priesthood in the scriptures therefore are to be ministers of righteousness (moral right doing) and holiness in obedience to God's law and His Word. According to the scriptures, God's 10 commandments are the very standard of righteousness to God and man as it is written, "my tongue shall speak of your word all your commandments are righteousness *Psalms 119:172.

So it is God's commandments that are the very standard of moral right doing and holiness for without which no man shall see God *Hebrews 12:14. According to the scripture the Priesthood is defiled if the Priests practice sin and the Priesthood is not in unrighteousness and unholiness. So to claim we are a Royal Priesthood while breaking any one of God's 10 commandments which is both our duty of love to God and our fellow man is a claim that is not biblical.

God's law is not fulfilled in Christ so that we are now free to break Gods' law. According to the scriptures if we break anyone of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11. There is no scripture that says that Jesus is a Sabbath. According to the scriptures Jesus is the creator of the Sabbath commandment and the Lord of the Sabbath that is made for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27-28. The only definition of Gods' 4th commandment Sabbath of the 10 commandments is found in Exodus 20:10 that says "the seventh day is the Sabbath". Hebrews 3:7 to Hebrews 4:1-11 is a warning therefore not to sin against God and to believe and follow God's Word not to disobey God's commandments and not believe His Word. This is why the people of God did not enter into God's "seventh day" Sabbath rest although it was created from the foundation of the world *Hebrews 3:7-8; 10-13; 18-19; Hebrews 4:1-6; 9-11.

So to try and separate the Royal priesthood from holiness to which the scriptures link it to which is obedience to God's law and His Word and claim that we are Gods Royal Priesthood while being disobedient to God's law and not believing and following God's Word in unholiness and sin it not biblical according to the scriptures and nothing to laugh about.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sounds like a justification for putting one above the law. . .
See posts 2256 and 2257...

There is a higher law, etc...

That sometimes conflicts with our interpretations of the letter, etc...

If you want to be "perfect", etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What law was given, or are the covenants based on, in the covenants of Noah and the New Covenant made in the blood of Jesus the Christ?

You can't read? Genesis 9. You don't know the NC?

Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth...

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can't read? Genesis 9. You don't know the NC?

Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth...
No laws. . .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I think you mentioned in the previous post that there are some laws that we can't do because there is no Temple, etc.

That is debatable :) Some think 126 positive and 243 negative commandments are still possibly applicable (369 total). Some say of those only 48 positive and 222 negative are really applicable today (270 total).

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why are some so bent on any of the laws given only to Israel. The Sinai covenant was broken by Israel. The laws the covenant Israel was to adhere ended. Gentiles were never under the laws of the Sinai covenant. Why would we be under it now? Who put us under those laws?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why are some so bent on any of the laws given only to Israel. The Sinai covenant was broken by Israel. The laws the covenant Israel was to adhere ended. Gentiles were never under the laws of the Sinai covenant. Why would we be under it now? Who put us under those laws?
That is because Bob, what your claiming here is not biblical according to the scriptures but allow me to explain why I say this. It is your interpretation of who you think Israel is in the new covenant that is the problem. God's Israel according to the new covenant scriptures are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham but all those who are now born of the Spirit according to God's new covenant promise *Romans 9:6-8; Galatians 3:28-29; Romans 2:28-29; Hebrews 8:10-12 and according to Jesus we are to live by every word of it *Matthew 4:4. Therefore all of God's Word are for all of Gods people that have been born again *John 3:3-7 into God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. These are Gods' Word (not mine) and we should believe and follow them according to the scriptures (Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29). If we are not born again through the Spirit then we have no part in God's new covenant promise which is to Gods true Israel according to the scriptures. Those who are born again into God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27 do not practice sin according to the scriptures *1 1 John 3:6-9; 1 John 2:3-4. Sin we know is the breaking of anyone of God's 10 commandments which includes the Sabbath (4th commandment *Exodus 20:8-11) according to James 2:10-11 and 1 John 3:4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No laws. . .

Guess I was right, you can't read...Sheva Mitzvot B'nei Noach...started in Genesis 2:16 and after the flood Genesis 9:4-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
All of which were abolished on the cross (Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:14).

Love God and your neighbor was abolished? Do not murder was abolished? Have no other Gods, abolished?...do you not see your error?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.