JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No laws. . .
Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guess I was right, you can't read...Sheva Mitzvot B'nei Noach...started in Genesis 2:16 and after the flood Genesis 9:4
WHY not write what it says in English?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is debatable :) Some think 126 positive and 243 negative commandments are still possibly applicable (369 total). Some say of those only 48 positive and 222 negative are really applicable today (270 total).
Thank you for your answer.

I'm not so much concerned about the positive and negative at this point, that was just an interesting footnote to the discussion, I thought.

How many do you say are applicable today?

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are some so bent on any of the laws given only to Israel. The Sinai covenant was broken by Israel. The laws the covenant Israel was to adhere ended. Gentiles were never under the laws of the Sinai covenant. Why would we be under it now? Who put us under those laws?
I think the idea of a written code reduces anxiety for many. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I think that's why people sometimes want something in writing they can point to.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think the idea of a written code reduces anxiety for many. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I think that's why people sometimes want something in writing they can point to.
I would suggest that according to the scriptures for the many that are called but not chosen, it is more like making excuses not to believe and follow God's Word that seemed to be a comfort to them to reduce anxiety before the second coming because they choose to love darkness more than light because of evil deeds (sin) according to John 3:16-21. Afterwards according to Jesus there will be no more comfort but weeping and gnashing of teeth when they find out only to late what they have lost according to *Matthew 7:21-23; 8:12; 22:13; 24:51; 25:30.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not really David. Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments and not believing and following God's Word. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken according to Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 and if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God or sin according to James in James 2:10-11. Breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures and if we knowingly practice unrepentant sin once we have been given a knowledge of the truth God's Word says we will not enter into God's Kingdom. A Royal Priest of God does not practice sin neither is he the minister of sin as sin is what separates us from God and leads to death (Isaiah 59:2; Romans 6:16;23)

You may want to consider the following scriptures...

1 John 3:4 [4], Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

James 2:10-11 [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Hebrews 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Romans 6:16 [16], Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

1 John 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4], He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Of course you are free to believe and do as you wish. I have only provided scripture here in love and only as a help to those interested, showing that sin (transgression of Gods' law and not believing and following Gods Word) is something we should not be gambling our salvation with and why I disagree with your teachings here. What you decide to do with these scriptures I will leave between you and God. I do not judge you. (see John 12:47-48) and of course we can agree to disagree.

Something to pray about.
Do you deny my royal priesthood?

Matthew 12:5
Or have you not read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple violate the Sabbath, and yet are innocent?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you deny my royal priesthood?
Yes I deny your version of the Royal Priesthood and have shown why from the scriptures. See the scriptures provided why here. Do you believe God's Word? They are Gods' not mine and they disagree with your teachings.

Something to pray about

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Seven Laws of Noah (Hebrew: שבע מצוות בני נח‎, Sheva Mitzvot B'nei Noach)

It is actually the seven (sheva) commandments (mitzvot) of the sons (b'nei) of Noah (Noakh)

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your answer.

How many do you say are applicable today?

All those that can be followed and that are applicable to you in the diaspora :) However, even within modern Rabbinic Judaism, there is debate and some liberal sects (reform) say they evolve and modify them for modern times.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes I deny your version of the Royal Priesthood and have shown why from the scriptures. See the scriptures provided why here. Do you believe God's Word? They are Gods' not mine and they disagree with your teachings.

Something to pray about
What version of Royal Priesthood are you talking about?

We are all priests before Jesus Christ.

We offer sacrifices too.

Not sure what version of the Royal Priesthood you have been taught?

You realize that the Levitical priesthood was the shadow priesthood?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What version of Royal Priesthood are you talking about?

We are all priests before Jesus Christ.

We offer sacrifices too.

Not sure what version of the Royal Priesthood you have been taught?

You realize that the Levitical priesthood was the shadow priesthood?

I am referring to the Royal Priesthood as defined in the scriptures here. It is from the bible. I guess you missed it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Matt.15:
And the Pharisees and the Scribes who were from Jerusalem came unto Yeshua and they were saying:
2“Why do your disciples violate the tradition of the Elders? They do not wash their hands whenever they eat bread.” 3Yeshua answered and said to them, “Why do you also violate the commandment of God for the sake of your traditions?”
4“For God has said, 'Honour your father and your mother,' and 'Whoever reviles his father and his mother shall surely die.'”
5“Now you are saying, 'Everyone who will say to father or mother, 'My offering is anything by which you made a profit from me', should honor neither his father nor his mother.”
6“And you nullify the word of God because of your traditions.”
7“Phonies! Isaiah prophesied well against you and said:”
8'This people is honouring me with their lips but their heart is very far from me.'
9'And they revere me in vain while they teach the doctrines of the commandments of man.' “

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am referring to the Royal Priesthood as defined in the scriptures here. It is from the bible. I guess you missed it.
I did not miss anything. The Royal Priesthood works through the Sabbath day offering spiritual sacrifices, the same way Jesus did also. Jesus made a point of doing everything on the Sabbath day. Healing, teaching, preaching, driving out demons. Debating, rebuking, instructing His disciples. Never an idle moment on the Sabbath day.

The Pharisees told Him to stop doing these things on the Sabbath day.

John 5:16-17
For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. But He answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.”

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did not miss anything. The Royal Priesthood works through the Sabbath day offering spiritual sacrifices, the same way Jesus did also. Jesus made a point of doing everything on the Sabbath day. Healing, teaching, preaching, driving out demons. Debating, rebuking, instructing His disciples. Never an idle moment on the Sabbath day.

The Pharisees told Him to stop doing these things on the Sabbath day.

John 5:16-17
For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. But He answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.”

No the scriptures teach no such thing. Your twisting scripture to justify sin. Your teaching that the Royal Priesthood is unholy and ministers in unrighteousness. Gods work is not our work read the commandment and the scriptures that show why your in error here linked

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That link did not explain the duties of the Royal Priesthood or why the priesthood works on the Sabbath day.

That link simply gave an interpretation of holiness.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That link did not explain the duties of the Royal Priesthood or why the priesthood works on the Sabbath day.
That link simply gave an interpretation of holiness.
You did not read it or understand the scriptures shared with you it seems that shows why your teachings are not biblical.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No the scriptures teach no such thing. Your twisting scripture to justify sin. Your teaching that the Royal Priesthood is unholy and ministers in unrighteousness. Gods work is not our work read the commandment and the scriptures that show why your in error here linked
What are the duties of the Royal Priesthood?

I am certainly not twisting the scripture.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What are the duties of the Royal Priesthood?

I am certainly not twisting the scripture.
Believing and following Gods Word. Read the scriptures in the linked post here. The duties of the chosen generation are to minister in holiness and righteousness. Not unholiness and disobedience.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.