Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I found this Timeline and it's a great help aid to put into perspective when talking about or reading about this great city.

88e708af9ad60c41b7816fbc9256b71b.png

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
88e708af9ad60c41b7816fbc9256b71b.png

With all the books I've had and read about Egypt and especially the New Kingdom I was surprised to see that during the New Kingdom that chart shows Egypt having control after the Canaanites and before the Jebusites whom King David bought the temple mount from the Late Bronze Age (1550–1200 B.C.).

I found this article from BAS
When Egyptian Pharaohs Ruled Bronze Age Jerusalem

A bit from that article:

The Egyptian artifacts date to the 13th century B.C.E., during the 19th Egyptian Dynasty that included the reign of Ramesses II. Peter van der Veen writes, “Egypt was not new to Canaan in the 19th dynasty … Canaan was in effect an Egyptian province during the 14th century B.C.E.” In the famous Amarna letters, Abdi-Heba, the puppet-king of Jerusalem, proclaims that “the king has placed his name in Jerusalem forever.” While Bronze Age Jerusalem was not situated on Canaanite trade routes, Peter van der Veen notes that it controlled north-south traffic between Hebron and Shechem, as well as east-west traffic from the Via Maris to the King’s Highway. The Egyptians established a garrison at Manahat, just two miles southwest of Bronze Age Jerusalem.
Here's more for those interested

In the FREE eBook Ancient Israel in Egypt and the Exodus, top scholars discuss the historical Israelites in Egypt and archaeological evidence for and against the historicity of the Exodus.

• Informative
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0