JERUSALEM the CAPITAL

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Trump made absolutely right move by announcing Jerusalem as the capital of Jewish state. It is a long time due. And I suspect not without help of his son-in-law, GOD bless them both.

But concerning the “peace process” about which every enemy of Israel complaining about, where has never been such process in earnest, because Arabs demanded recognition of their state in the land of Israel and at the same time refused to recognize the existence of the state of Israel, and how anybody can expect and hope for any peaceful resolution between Arabs and Israel under such conditions?

Above all, I think that Trump, unwillingly or willingly become a part of Messianic Biblical prophesies about Jerusalem.

Isaiah 24.23

23.Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed, the Lord of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before His elders He will manifest His glory.

Zechariah 14.16-17.21

16.Then it will come about, that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem, will go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

17.If any of the families of the Earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain upon them. (Revelation 11.6) (KSB)

21.And every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the Lord of hosts, and all who sacrifice will come and take of them, and boil in them. And there will no longer be a Canaanite in the House of the Lord of hosts in that day.

Jeremiah 3.17

17."At that time they shall call Jerusalem 'The Throne of the Lord,' and all the nations will be gathered to it, to Jerusalem for the name of the Lord, nor shall they walk anymore after the stubbornness of their evil heart."

Joel 3.21

21."I will avenge their blood and I will not clear the guilty, the Lord dwells in Zion."

Hebrews 12.22

22.But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living GOD the *Heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering,

Revelation 3.12

The message of the Lord to the church in Philadelphia.

12."If you conquer, I will make you a pillar in the Temple of My GOD, you will never go out of it. I will write on you the name of My GOD and the name of the city of My GOD the *new Jerusalem that comes down from My GOD out of Heaven, and My own new name."

*(Verse 12. Heavenly Jerusalem: (Hebrews 12.22) (Revelation 3.12, 21.2.23, 22.1-5.17)

From all of these statement, which are only few here, is obvious that the capital of Israel is Jerusalem, and always will be.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Trump made absolutely right move by announcing Jerusalem as the capital of Jewish state. It is a long time due. And I suspect not without help of his son-in-law, GOD bless them both.

But concerning the “peace process” about which every enemy of Israel complaining about, where has never been such process in earnest, because Arabs demanded recognition of their state in the land of Israel and at the same time refused to recognize the existence of the state of Israel, and how anybody can expect and hope for any peaceful resolution between Arabs and Israel under such conditions?

Above all, I think that Trump, unwillingly or willingly become a part of Messianic Biblical prophesies about Jerusalem.

Isaiah 24.23

23.Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed, the Lord of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before His elders He will manifest His glory.

Zechariah 14.16-17.21

16.Then it will come about, that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem, will go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

17.If any of the families of the Earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain upon them. (Revelation 11.6) (KSB)

21.And every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the Lord of hosts, and all who sacrifice will come and take of them, and boil in them. And there will no longer be a Canaanite in the House of the Lord of hosts in that day.

Jeremiah 3.17

17."At that time they shall call Jerusalem 'The Throne of the Lord,' and all the nations will be gathered to it, to Jerusalem for the name of the Lord, nor shall they walk anymore after the stubbornness of their evil heart."

Joel 3.21

21."I will avenge their blood and I will not clear the guilty, the Lord dwells in Zion."

Hebrews 12.22

22.But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living GOD the *Heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering,

Revelation 3.12

The message of the Lord to the church in Philadelphia.

12."If you conquer, I will make you a pillar in the Temple of My GOD, you will never go out of it. I will write on you the name of My GOD and the name of the city of My GOD the *new Jerusalem that comes down from My GOD out of Heaven, and My own new name."

*(Verse 12. Heavenly Jerusalem: (Hebrews 12.22) (Revelation 3.12, 21.2.23, 22.1-5.17)

From all of these statement, which are only few here, is obvious that the capital of Israel is Jerusalem, and always will be.

I am also very happy that he followed through on what every President since Clinton has said they would do. I am happy to recognize what has been a reality for decades, that Jerusalem is the capital of the great state of Israel. That said, while it could be part of prophesy, I do not really see the connection in the verses referenced. They are messianic related, that is pretty clear; but I personally fail to see how the US recognizing the city of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel fulfills any of the verses referenced. Perhaps you could clarify them for me?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Congress, since the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (Public Law 104-45) (the "Act"), has urged the United States to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and to relocate our Embassy to Israel to that city. The United States Senate reaffirmed the Act in a unanimous vote on June 5, 2017.

Now, 22 years after the Act's passage, I have determined that it is time for the United States to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. This long overdue recognition of reality is in the best interests of both the United States and the pursuit of peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

If Trump actually does move the embassy to Israel, then THAT will be very important, on the world scale (not on a religious scale) more so, making a definite "statement" or "stand" of our solidarity as a county with the country of Israel ..... if not then it's just politics as usual.

For those who believe that a temple will be physically built in Jerusalem it will be viewed as prophesy being fulfilled by many. Personally I do not believe this because Jesus was the last sacrifice for all. Now, that is not to say that Israel does not "aspire" to rebuild the temple, but this is because many (not all) do not believe in the First coming of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ Messiah. If the temple was to ever to be rebuilt then they would resume the sacrificial system and Jesus was the last sacrifice for all.

Hebrews 10

1For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. 2Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins? 3But in these sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said,

“Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
but a body have you prepared for me;
6in burnt offerings and sin offerings
you have taken no pleasure.
7Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God,
as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’”

8When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), 9then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.

” He does away with the first in order to establish the second.

10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.

14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

For those who believe the temple will be rebuilt, I agree to disagree.

Amen.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Palestine recognized Israel and Israel recognized Palestine in 1993.

Israel-PLO recognition - Exchange of letters between PM Rabin and Chairman Arafat/Arafat letter to Norwegian FM (Non-UN documents) (9 September 1993)

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
to Aryeh Jay.

Yes I read the letters you provided, but this is personal letters, and not official statement of the government of Arafat as a public-world official announcement. Above all, recognition of Israel as a state shall be done on the government level, and it shall be done not only in English but in Arabic as well.

So far I never saw such official document of any government of Palestinians that actually issued as an official Palestinian Government Statement, to the entire world, which acknowledges the existence of the state of Israel.

Palestinians and Arabs in general done it many times, for the sake of so called “peace process” from which they received some benefits and support from European Union and US, acknowledging Israel only in private channels or in English only, but I do not remember that they ever issues an official Statement in Arabic on TV or on Radio or in the written form to UN that they actually acknowledged the state of Israel.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
to Aryeh Jay.

Yes I read the letters you provided, but this is personal letters, and not official statement of the government of Arafat as a public-world official announcement. Above all, recognition of Israel as a state shall be done on the government level, and it shall be done not only in English but in Arabic as well.

So far I never saw such official document of any government of Palestinians that actually issued as an official Palestinian Government Statement, to the entire world, which acknowledges the existence of the state of Israel.

Palestinians and Arabs in general done it many times, for the sake of so called “peace process” from which they received some benefits and support from European Union and US, acknowledging Israel only in private channels or in English only, but I do not remember that they ever issues an official Statement in Arabic on TV or on Radio or in the written form to UN that they actually acknowledged the state of Israel.

Well just how could they do that if one side was not a government? Does that mean that the Israeli recognition of the PLO as the legitimate represented of the Palestinian people is also false? How did both of them win the 1994 Nobel Peace Prize? Why is this even preserved in the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs if you do not agree with it?

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy...-PLO Mutual Recognition- Letters and Spe.aspx

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
T
For those who believe that a temple will be physically built in Jerusalem it will be viewed as prophesy being fulfilled by many. Personally I do not believe this because Jesus was the last sacrifice for all. Now, that is not to say that Israel does not "aspire" to rebuild the temple, but this is because many (not all) do not believe in the First coming of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ Messiah. If the temple was to ever to be rebuilt then they would resume the sacrificial system and Jesus was the last sacrifice for all.
Not to derail the thread, but this is just factually incorrect and the scriptures used to support it are generally taken out of context. However, first, let me remind that this is the Messianic Judaism forum, so we do generally believe in the need of a rebuilt temple and that the Mosaic Law was not made null by Christ, just as He said it was not.

Ok, that out of the way, if the Apostles truly believed that Yeshua replaced the earthly need for the sacrificial system then why did they continue it for a good 30 or so years after Yeshua ascended and before the Temple was destroyed? We know from scripture that they met daily in the Temple, made sacrifices and continued the Temple worship, and generally the believers that were able sold their homes to move to Jerusalem to be near the Temple. Paul himself is shown in the scriptures to have made sacrifices at the Temple. The answer of course is that Yeshua did not replace the sacrificial system but rather atones for all of our sins (Jew and Gentile). Most sacrifices were not for sin atonement, they were commanded for other reasons. When the third temple is rebuilt the sacrifices will indeed continue again.

All that said, I would say that just because the USA recognizes Israel to have their capital in Jerusalem it really does little to pave the way for the third Temple.

Reactions: pat34lee
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"if the Apostles truly believed that Yeshua replaced the earthly need for the sacrificial system then why did they continue it for a good 30 or so years after Yeshua ascended and before the Temple was destroyed"

The temple was continued because there were those who did not believe Jesus Christ Messiah. The point is the temple was destroyed and sacrifices finally did cease.

Well ... in total "jest", they did not have email in those days.
It took a long time before "news" of the no more need for it got around through the Apostles and others.

Jesus was and is the final sacrifice for all.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The temple was continued because there were those who did not believe Jesus Christ Messiah. The point is the temple was destroyed and sacrifices finally did cease.
Temple sacrifice was continued by believers in Yeshua, as we see in Acts 21. Paul was going to give sacrifice--he was arrested in the process of preparing to do so. You can't help but wonder why this was so. It's obvious that the only reason it was ended was because the Temple was destroyed. Personally, I think there is something wrong with today's theology.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"if the Apostles truly believed that Yeshua replaced the earthly need for the sacrificial system then why did they continue it for a good 30 or so years after Yeshua ascended and before the Temple was destroyed"

Well ... in total "jest", they did not have email in those days.
It took a long time before "news" of the no more need for it got around through the Apostles and others.

Jesus was and is the final sacrifice for all.

God Bless.

I see what you are saying, and it is thought among many Christians that are not familiar with Judaism or how it would have been practiced in that period. However, saying the disciples and Apostles did not know they could stop, or kept doing so because of others that did not believe is....uninformed. They were literally with Yeshua and heard his teachings directly, or at most one person removed. To think that they could quit the Temple services would have been sacrilege to them while the temple was there. Acts shows us that not only was Paul OK with offering sacrifice for himself, he was going to pay for others as well and was observing Jewish ritual cleaning Law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
However, saying the disciples and Apostles did not know they could stop, or kept doing so because of others that did not believe is....uninformed. They were literally with Yeshua and heard his teachings directly
Exactly. To say that we today understand this better than those taught by Jesus is just presumptuous.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Temple sacrifice was continued by believers in Yeshua, as we see in Acts 21. Paul was going to give sacrifice--he was arrested in the process of preparing to do so. You can't help but wonder why this was so. It's obvious that the only reason it was ended was because the Temple was destroyed. Personally, I think there is something wrong with today's theology.

What verses in Acts 21 are you referring to please?

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Specifically, Acts 21.26 I would believe:

TLV: The next day Paul took the men, purifying himself along with them. He went into the Temple, announcing when the days of purification would be completed and the sacrifice would be offered for each one of them.

NIV: The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them.

KJV: Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

But also relevant to the context are Acts 21. 17-23. The arrest happens starting in verse 27.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Specifically, Acts 21.26 I would believe:

TLV: The next day Paul took the men, purifying himself along with them. He went into the Temple, announcing when the days of purification would be completed and the sacrifice would be offered for each one of them.

NIV: The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them.

KJV: Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

But also relevant to the context are Acts 21. 17-23. The arrest happens starting in verse 27.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The passage in general is Paul arriving in Jerusalem and the events there surrounding the false rumors. Acts 21:17-27

A good one is Acts 21:20 -- Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the Torah. "

As regards Paul's participation in sacrifice, the following passages follows the planning with James all the way up to being in the Temple to do it, just before he is arrested:
Acts 21:23-27

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It is my understanding there are purifying ceremonies that do not involve animal sacrifices. True? If so, then how do we know animal sacrifices were actually made in this case? Sorry for all the questions, am in the process of reading up on a lot of things.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok .
Not to derail the thread, but this is just factually incorrect and the scriptures used to support it are generally taken out of context. However, first, let me remind that this is the Messianic Judaism forum, so we do generally believe in the need of a rebuilt temple and that the Mosaic Law was not made null by Christ, just as He said it was not.

Ok, that out of the way, if the Apostles truly believed that Yeshua replaced the earthly need for the sacrificial system then why did they continue it for a good 30 or so years after Yeshua ascended and before the Temple was destroyed? We know from scripture that they met daily in the Temple, made sacrifices and continued the Temple worship, and generally the believers that were able sold their homes to move to Jerusalem to be near the Temple. Paul himself is shown in the scriptures to have made sacrifices at the Temple. The answer of course is that Yeshua did not replace the sacrificial system but rather atones for all of our sins (Jew and Gentile). Most sacrifices were not for sin atonement, they were commanded for other reasons. When the third temple is rebuilt the sacrifices will indeed continue again.

All that said, I would say that just because the USA recognizes Israel to have their capital in Jerusalem it really does little to pave the way for the third Temple.

"
Most sacrifices were not for sin atonement, they were commanded for other reasons"

Can you provide me with or point me to more info on this so I can read about it?

Thanks.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok .

"
Most sacrifices were not for sin atonement, they were commanded for other reasons"

Can you provide me with or point me to more info on this so I can read about it?

Thanks.

God Bless.
Sure thing. The Book of Leviticus describes in detail all the different sacrifices. There are libation, grain, fellowship, sin, guilt, etc. I would write it out, but it would probably be better to just check out the source in Leviticus. :)

It is worth noting that even for guilt and sin offerings one does not need to offer blood, one can offer grain in it's place. The intent was to offer something of worth to G-d with a contrite heard, not necessarily blood, although there are verses where Hashem notes the sweet aroma of the burnt sacrifice, but again, that aroma could come from grain too. At the same time the Psalms tell us in 51:
18For Thou delightest not in sacrifice, else would I give it; Thou hast no pleasure in burnt-offering.
19The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.

Taken with previous verses of instruction on sacrifice we must conclude that G-d does demand sacrifice, but without a contrite heard they mean nothing. Further, we conclude that even without the sacrificial system G-d has a plan for Judaism and His people.

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well just how could they do that if one side was not a government? Does that mean that the Israeli recognition of the PLO as the legitimate represented of the Palestinian people is also false? How did both of them win the 1994 Nobel Peace Prize? Why is this even preserved in the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs if you do not agree with it?

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/MFADocuments/Yearbook9/Pages/107 Israel-PLO Mutual Recognition- Letters and Spe.aspx

Hi Arieth Jay

You asked:

“Well just how could they do that if one side was not a government? Does that mean that the Israeli recognition of the PLO as the legitimate represented of the Palestinian people is also false?”

Yes, so called “Palestinian Authority” is not a government, and this is why they are called as “authority” because they have no legitimate state or country. They are simply represent group of self-declared “Palestinians” mainly Arabs from Jordan, who have no history in the land of Israel.

Above all, “Palestinians” is a made up name which has no historical evidence of their existence as people, or ethnic group. Word “Palestinians” is a modern word which is a group of people attached for themselves to make themselves identifiable not as Arabs but as someone else.

“Palestine” has never been the name of a nation or state. It is a geographical term, used to designate the region at those times in history when there is no nation or state there.

The word itself derives from "Peleshet" a name that appears frequently in the Bible and has come into English as "Philistine". The Philistines were Mediterranean people originating from Asia Minor and Greek localities.

They reached the southern coast of Israel in several waves. One group arrived in the pre-patriarchal period and settled south of Beersheba in Gerar where they came into conflict with Abraham, Isaac, and Ishmael.

Another group, coming from Crete after being repulsed from an attempted invasion of Egypt by Rameses III in 1194 BCE, seized the southern coastal area, where they founded five settlements (Gaza, Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, and Gath).

In the Persian and Greek periods foreign settlers chiefly from the Mediterranean islands overran the Philistine districts. From the time of Herodotus, Greeks called the eastern coast of the Mediterranean "Syria Palaestina".

The Philistines were not Arabs or even Semites, they were most closely related to the Greeks. They did not speak Arabic. They had no connection, ethnic, linguistic, or historical with Arabia or Arabs.

The name "Falastin" that Arabs today use for "Palestine" is not an Arabic name. It is the Arab pronunciation of the Greco-Roman "Palastina"; which is derived from the Peleshet, (root Pelesh) which was a general term meaning "dividers", "penetrators" or "invaders". This referred to the Philistine's invasion and conquest of the coast from the sea.

The use of the term "Palestinian" for an Arab ethnic group is a modern political creation which has no basis, in fact it never had any international or academic credibility before 1967.

HOW DID THE LAND OF ISRAEL BECOME "PALESTINE"?

In the First Century the Romans crushed the independent kingdom of Judea. After the failed rebellion of Bar Kokhba in the Second Century the Roman Emperor Hadrian was determined to wipe out the identity of Israel-Judah-Judea. Therefore, he took the name Palastina and imposed it on all the Land of Israel. At the same time he changed the name of Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina.

The Romans killed many Jews and sold many more in slavery. Some of those who survived and were still alive and free, left the devastated country, but there was never a complete abandonment of the Land. There was never a time when there were not Jews and Jewish communities, though the size and conditions of those communities fluctuated greatly.

THE HISTORY OF PALESTINE

Thousands of years before the Romans invented "Palastina" the land had been known as "Canaan". The Canaanites had many tiny city-states, each one at times independent and at times a vassal of an Egyptian or Hittite king. The Canaanites never united into a state.

After the Exodus from Egypt probably in the thirteenth century before Christ but perhaps earlier, the children of Israel settled in the land of Canaan. There they formed first a tribal confederation during periods of Joshua and deliverers/judges of Israel after him.

After certain period of time Israel install a king and became united country of Israel under leadership of a single authority the king. Shortly after kinship split, and united country of Israel with its twelve tribes was divided on the state of Israel and the state of Judah.

From the beginning of history to this day, Israel-Judah-Judea has the only united, independent, sovereign nation-state that ever existed in "Palestine" west of the Jordan River.

(In biblical times, Ammon, Moab, and Edom, as well as Israel had land east of the Jordan, but they disappeared in antiquity and no other nation took their place until the British invented Trans-Jordan in the 1920s.)

After the Roman conquest of Judea, "Palastina" became a province of the pagan Roman Empire and then of the Christian Byzantine Empire, and very briefly of the Zoroastrian Persian Empire.

In 638 A.C. an Arab-Muslim Caliph took “Palastina” away from the Byzantine Empire and made it part of an Arab-Muslim Empire. The Arabs who had no name of their own for this region, adopted the Greco-Roman name “Palastina” that they pronounced "Falastin".

In that period much of the mixed population of “Palastina” was forced to convert to Islam and adopted the Arabic language. They were subjects of a distant Caliph who ruled them from his capital that was first in Damascus and later in Baghdad. They did not become a nation or an independent state, or develop a distinct society or culture.

In 1099, Christian Crusaders from Europe conquered “Palestina-Falastin”. After 1099, it was never again under Arab rule. The Christian Crusader kingdom was politically independent, but never developed a national identity. It remained a military outpost of Christian Europe and lasted less than 100 years.

Thereafter, Palestine was joined to Syria as a subject province first of the Mameluks, ethnically mixed slave-warriors whose center was in Egypt, and then of the Ottoman Turks, whose capital was in Istanbul.

During the First World War, the British took Palestine from the Ottoman Turks. At the end of the war the Ottoman Empire collapsed and among its subject provinces "Palestine" was assigned to the British, to govern temporarily as a mandate from the League of Nations.

THE JEWISH NATIONAL HOME

Travelers to Palestine from the Western world left records of what they saw there. The theme throughout their reports is dismal: The land was empty, neglected, abandoned, desolate, fallen into ruins.
"Nothing there [Jerusalem] to be seen but a little of the old walls which is yet remaining and all the rest is grass, moss and weeds."

-- English pilgrim in 1590

"The country is in a considerable degree empty of inhabitants and therefore its greatest need is of a body of population."

-- British consul in 1857

"There is not a solitary village throughout its whole extent [valley of Jezreel] -- not for 30 miles in either direction. . . . One may ride ten miles hereabouts and not see ten human beings.

For the sort of solitude to make one dreary, come to Galilee . . .

Nazareth is forlorn . . . Jericho lies a moldering ruin . . . Bethlehem and Bethany in their poverty and humiliation... untenanted by any living creature . . .

A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds. . a silent, mournful expanse . . . a desolation . . . . We never saw a human being on the whole route . . . . Hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil had almost deserted the country . . . .

Palestine sits in sackcloth and ashes . . . desolate and unlovely . . . "

-- Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad, 1867

The restoration of the "desolate and unlovely" land began in the latter half of the Nineteenth Century with the first Jewish pioneers. Their labors created newer and better conditions and opportunities, which in turn attracted migrants from many parts of the Middle East, both Arabs and others.

The Balfour Declaration of 1917, confirmed by the League of Nations Mandate, committed the British Government to the principle that "His Majesty's government view with favor the establishment in Palestine of a Jewish National Home, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object. . . . "

It was specified both that this area be open to "close Jewish settlement" and that the rights of all inhabitants already in the country be preserved and protected. Mandate Palestine originally included all of what are now Jordan, as well as all of what are now Israel, and the territories between them.

However, when Great Britain's protégé Emir Abdullah was forced to leave the ancestral Hashemite domain in Arabia, the British created a realm for him that included all of Mandate Palestine east of the Jordan River. There was no traditional or historic Arab name for this land, so it was called after the river: first Trans-Jordan and later Jordan.

By this political act that violated the conditions of the Balfour Declaration and the Mandate, the British cut more than 75 percent out of the Jewish National Home. No Jew has ever been permitted to reside in Trans-Jordan/Jordan.

Less than 25 percent then remained of Mandate Palestine, and even in this remnant, the British violated the Balfour and Mandate requirements for a "Jewish National Home" and for "close Jewish settlement". They progressively restricted where Jews could buy land, where they could live, build, farm or work.

After the Six-Day War in 1967, Israel was finally able to settle some small part of those lands from which the Jews had been debarred by the British.

Successive British governments regularly condemn their settlement as "illegal". In truth, it was the British who had acted illegally in banning Jews from these parts of the Jewish National Home.

WHO IS A PALESTINIAN?

During the period of the Mandate, it was the Jewish population that was known as "Palestinians" including those who served in the British Army in World War II. British policy was to curtail their numbers and progressively limit Jewish immigration.

By 1939, the White Paper virtually put an end to admission of Jews to Palestine. This policy was imposed the most stringently at the very time this Home was most desperately needed.

After the rise of Nazi power in Europe. Jews who might have developed the empty lands of Palestine and left progeny there, instead died in the gas chambers of Europe or in the seas they were trying to cross to the Promised Land.

At the same time that the British slammed the gates on Jews, they permitted or ignored massive illegal immigration into Western Palestine from Arab countries Jordan, Syria, Egypt, North Africa.

In 1939, Winston Churchill noted that "So far from being persecuted, the Arabs have crowded into the country and multiplied . . . ."

Exact population statistics may be problematic, but it seems that by 1947 the number of Arabs west of the Jordan River was approximately triple of what it had been in 1900.

The current myth is that these Arabs were long established in Palestine until the Jews came and "displaced" them. The fact is that recent Arab immigration into Palestine "displaced" the Jews.

That the massive increase in Arab population was very recent is attested by the ruling of the United Nations: That any Arab who had lived in Palestine for two years and then left in 1948 qualifies as a "Palestinian refugees".

Casual use of population statistics for Jews and Arabs in Palestine rarely consider how the proportions came to be. One factor was the British policy of keeping out Jews while bringing in Arabs.

Another factor was the violence used to kill or drive out Jews even where they had been long established.

For one example: The Jewish connection with Hebron goes back to Abraham, and there has been an Israelite/Jewish community there since Joshua long before it was King David's first capital.

In 1929, Arab rioters with the passive consent of the British killed or drove out virtually the entire Jewish community.

For another example: In 1948, Trans-Jordan seized much of Judea and Samaria (which they called The West Bank) and East Jerusalem and the Old City. They killed or drove out every Jew.

It is now often proposed as a principle of international law and morality that all places that the British and the Arabs rendered Judenrein must forever remain so. In contrast, Israel eventually allotted 17 percent of Mandate Palestine has a large and growing population of Arab citizens.

FROM PALESTINE TO ISRAEL

What was to become of "Palestine" after the Mandate? This question was taken up by various British and international commissions and other bodies, culminating with the United Nations in 1947.

During the various deliberations, Arab officials, spokesmen and writers, expressed their views on "Palestine".

"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented. . . . Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine' is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it."
-- Local Arab leader to British Peel Commission, 1937

"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not"

-- Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian to
Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry, 1946

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria."

-- Delegate of Saudi Arabia to the
United Nations Security Council, 1956,

By 1948, the Arabs had still not yet discovered their ancient nation of “Falastin”. When they were offered half of Palestine west of the Jordan River for a state, the offer was violently rejected.

Six Arab states launched a war of annihilation against the nascent State of Israel. Their purpose was not to establish an independent “Falastin”. Their aim was to partition western Palestine amongst themselves.

They did not succeed in killing Israel, but Trans-Jordan succeeded in taking Judea and Samaria (West Bank) and East Jerusalem, killing or driving out all the Jews who had lived in those places, and banning Jews of all nations from Jewish holy places.

Egypt succeeded in taking the Gaza Strip. These two Arab states held these lands until 1967. Then they launched another war of annihilation against Israel, and in consequence lost the lands they had taken by war in 1948.

During those 19 years, 1948-1967, Jordan and Egypt never offered to surrender those lands to make up an independent state of “Falastin”. The "Palestinians" never sought it. Nobody in the world ever suggested it, much less demanded it.

Finally, in 1964, the Palestine Liberation Movement was founded, with a charter that proclaimed its sole purpose to be the destruction of Israel. To that end it helped to precipitate the Arab attack on Israel in 1967.

The outcome of that attack then inspired an alteration in public rhetoric. As propaganda, it sounds better to speak of the liberation of “Falastin” than of the destruction of Israel.

Much of the world, governments and media and public opinion accept virtually without question of serious analysis the new-sprung myth of an Arab nation of “Falastin”, whose territory is unlawfully occupied by the Jews.

Since the end of World War I, the Arabs of the Middle East and North Africa have been given independent states in 99.5 percent of the land they claimed.

Lord Balfour once expressed his hope that when the Arabs had been given so much, they would "not begrudge" the Jews the "little notch" promised to them.

Portions Copyright © 2001 "Time to Speak" Magazine,
Portions Copyright © 1984 Joan Peters, Portions Copyright © 2001 Joseph Katz
All Rights Reserved

Concerning Nobel Prize you mentioned, it is a real JOKE! It is a political prize and has nothing to do with peace or science or anything else, and GOD bless those who rejected such nominee.

If a man such as Arafat, who is up to his eye balls in the blood of innocent people he killed by his terrorist group, and even never feel sorry for it, rewarded by Nobel Prize, there is no way that such prize itself has any legitimacy or even common sense. And he is not alone in the long line of bloody murderers who has been rewarded for their crimes, and approved and rewarded by the Nobel Prize.

About Israel’s recognition of the Nobel “Peace” Prize, it is not surprise that they recognized it and the Arafat as well as a “peace maker.” Israel would recognize and accept almost everything in order to go along, and not to make angry so called “world community” from which it was isolated, and which that in general always has been against Israel practically in all issues related to the State.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok .

"

Thanks.

God Bless.
You can read directly all about the sacrificial system for yourself in Leviticus 1-7.

Here are the different sacrifices:
  1. Olah (Burnt Offering) -- submission to God's will. This was the most common offering. It is made from the desire to commune with God. It can be made from all kinds of clean animals, and no part is eaten.
  2. Zebach Sh'lamim (Peace Offering) -- thanksgiving and gratefulness. includes thanksgiving-offerings (in Hebrew, Todah, which was obligatory for survivors of life-threatening crises), free will-offerings, and offerings made after fulfillment of a vow. The Talmud says that in the Messianic age this will be the only sacrifice offered in the temple, since there will be no sin. Part is burnt up on the altar, part given to the Kohanim, and part eaten by the family.
  3. Chatat (Sin offering) -- atonement or purging of a sin. This expresses remorse and a desire to reconcile with God after errors have been made. Chatat means "to miss the mark." When one reads Leviticus, we find that all of the errors given as examples are unintentional. Eaten by the Kohanim.
  4. Asham (Guilt Offering) -- this is for stealing from the Temple, for when you are not sure if you have committed a sin, and for breach of trust. Eaten by the Kohanim.
  5. Michah (Meal Offering) -- the devotion of the fruits of our labor to God. A portion is burnt, and the rest eaten by the Kohanim.
  6. Parah Adumah (The Red Heifer) -- a purification ceremony that uses the ashes to cleanse i.e. the Kohanim from exposure to impurities such as the dead so that they might serve at the altar. In order for the third temple to be put into service, a Red Heifer must be found and sacrificed to purify the priests called into service.

• Informative
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0