Jul 3, 2004
Deep in the heart of the Bible belt
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, he's goin to heaven, but so are Aron-Ra & Nathan Poe and the rest of you. :)
Of course I would say that none of us are going to "go" anywhere when we die. We'll just be reduced to a few dozen pounds of ape-meat goin' bad. Fallwell is just a few dozen more pounds than most, and was mostly bad already.

Upvote 0

Atheuz

It's comforting to know that this isn't a test
May 14, 2007
✟16,641.00
Faith
Atheist
Of course I would say that none of us are going to "go" anywhere when we die. We'll just be reduced to a few dozen pounds of ape-meat goin' bad. Fallwell is just a few dozen more pounds than most, and was mostly bad already.

I am aware of that. I haven't even begun to start pondering about what happens after death, I'm too consumed with life as it is.
For me, death is unimaginable since I can't imagine what it would be like not to be conscious.

Upvote 0
T

TurtleTamer

Guy had some strange quotes. My favorite is this pairing:

"Preachers are not called upon to be politicians, but soul winners. Nowhere are we commissioned to reform the externals."
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

"The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country."
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

There was about a 10 year gap between the quotes, so it could just be that he changed his mind.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am aware of that. I haven't even begun to start pondering about what happens after death, I'm too consumed with life as it is.
For me, death is unimaginable since I can't imagine what it would be like not to be conscious.
Its not that difficult a concept. You're 17? Think back 20 years, that's what its like. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.