Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sharing this here with you from my time of personal devotions with my Lord Jesus Christ, for your encouragement. Sue Love

My husband Rick and I are in a place where many people are also situated, more people than most realize, and it isn’t a physical place, but it is in a marriage situation where one spouse is or was a sex addict and the other is not. Both are professing Christians, though, but one has been living a life of hypocrisy and the other is not. The other is following the Lord in truth.

Not every marriage situation like this looks exactly the same, though, for we are not all the same, and not every sex addict is just like another, although they do tend to share some common traits. For being a sex addict is not just about habitually committing some sort of sexually immoral act. It is also about habitually hating, lying, deceiving, manipulating, tricking, gaslighting, and abusing, and habitually committing adultery against one’s spouse, etc.

So, it is also about mind games. For the sex addict tries to throw his spouse off his scent by diverting attention elsewhere and/or by creating scenarios he knows are going to upset his spouse. Or he creates situations (sets her up) which he knows are going to make her look bad and him look good to others, because other people are not going to know what is behind it all.

Sometimes it will be to play the game where he claims he didn’t know what he was doing. He will feign ignorance, although he claims the same ignorance hundreds of times over while he continues in the same behaviors. Or he will pretend that he doesn’t know how to change, but he has known for a very long time. And there are continual and repetitive excuses for why he can’t be a faithful spouse and for why he can’t stop his sexual addiction.

He doesn’t usually take personal responsibility for his actions, and so he finds someone else to blame, which is usually his spouse. He tries to guilt-trip her into believing that his addiction is her fault, not his. And he will heap all sorts of abuse on her if she is wise to what he is doing and if she confronts him and if she tries to help him to freedom. For although he will claim that he wants to be free, his actions speak louder than his words.

His spouse, thus, never knows which person he is going to be each day for he shifts continuously throughout his sin cycle and goes from one person to the next to the next, sometimes admitting wrong and telling the truth only to turn right around and deny wrong and to tell lies, instead. For sex addicts have learned how to perform well for an audience and to know when to pull certain tricks and when not to. It is all like an evil game they play.

For many sex addicts sin against their spouses in many more ways other than just in committing habitual adultery, as has been stated. Many are spousal abusers, too. Some of them may abuse physically, but I think the majority of the abuse is mental and emotional. But the object is still the same, which is to wound the heart of the one he is supposed to love and sometimes in hopes to silence all opposition to his adulterous ways. And so some of the abuse is well thought out in advance in very underhanded ways.

Some of these sex addicts are pastors of churches. Statistics have it that as high as possibly 35% to 50% of pastors and 75% of men professing faith in Jesus Christ are regularly and or consistently engaged in some type of sexually deviant behavior, in particularly associated with the viewing of inappropriate contentography. So, if these statistics hold to be true, which I believe they are, half to most marriages of professing Christians have at least one spouse sexually addicted. Half to most married couples have broken marriages.

And many of these sex addicts will play the victim when they are really the perpetrators for they try to get people to sympathize with them and to be on their side. And some of them will perform religiously for an audience and they may be greatly admired by people for character traits which they fake and which are not true to who they are in real life. And most people who know them will have no clue who they are with their spouses at home.

To the Scriptures

1 Corinthians 6:9-10,13-20 ESV

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

“The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, ‘The two will become one flesh.’

“But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

So, if you are living in sexual immorality, whether or not you own up to it, just know that even if you profess faith in Jesus Christ, and even if you profess to be free from your addiction or to be walking in fellowship with the Lord, you will not inherit eternal life with God and you do not know God and you are not in fellowship with God (with Jesus Christ). For lip service only will not get you into heaven. Only true repentance and genuine walks of obedience to the Lord will lead to eternal life with God.

And if you did become a true follower of Christ at some point in your life and then you got engaged in or you went back to a life of sexual immorality, the lesson here is that you can’t unite yourself to a “prostitute” and to Christ (and to spouse, too). And a “prostitute” is not necessarily a physical person selling sex for money, but he/she/it can be anything with which you engage in sexual immorality which can even include your own body or just your mind. For Jesus said that to look at one with lust is to commit adultery in your heart.

When you marry your spouse you are to forsake all others and cling only to her and the two of you are to become one flesh. But if you are already one flesh with yourself or with another via your sexual addiction then you can’t also become one with your spouse or with God. For when you marry your spouse, your body is no longer your own but your spouses. And when you believe in Jesus you now belong to God and he is to be master of your body, and now you are to honor God with your body. So please take this to heart.

[Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Eph 4:17-24; 1 Pet 2:24; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; Tit 2:11-14; Jas 1:21-25; Rom 12:1-2; Php 2:12-13; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-10; Gal 5:16-21; Eph 5:3-11; Gal 6:7-8; Rom 2:6-8; Heb 10:26-27; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Matt 7:21-23; Ac 26:18; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15; Eph 2:8-10]

Broken Cord

An Original Work / August 29, 2018

Your bond is broken
With your Lord and Savior
And, your testimony is
Separate from Him.

Your words not matching
Your actions today.
Repent of your sin and
Bow down and pray.

Live what you testify
In truth always.

Purity’s lacking in
Your life and witness,
For you profess one thing,
But other you do.

Not moral, spiritual.
Still of the flesh.
Not living in truth to
What you confess.

Lying about it
Puts you in a mess.

Living a lie is your practice,
‘tis true of you.
Masquerade righteousness –
None of it true.

Your heart is not given
To your Lord God.
Because of how you live,
You are a fraud.

Turn from your sin and
Give your life to God.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟419,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does getting older help the addict to calm down? It’s not a very pretty picture. Unfaithfulness really hurts. I am still getting over my suspicions from having it happen before. But since divorce is a legal solution hopefully the full mud dragging can be minimized.

so sad for many . And I’m so sorry for you or your spouse

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of these sex addicts are pastors of churches. Statistics have it that as high as possibly 35% to 50% of pastors and 75% of men professing faith in Jesus Christ are regularly and or consistently engaged in some type of sexually deviant behavior, in particularly associated with the viewing of inappropriate contentography.

Mentioning such stats without any real reference or how they were obtained, the size or make up of the group studied is as meaningless as a lie.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sharing this here with you from my time of personal devotions with my Lord Jesus Christ, for your encouragement. Sue Love

My husband Rick and I are in a place where many people are also situated, more people than most realize, and it isn’t a physical place, but it is in a marriage situation where one spouse is or was a sex addict and the other is not. Both are professing Christians, though, but one has been living a life of hypocrisy and the other is not. The other is following the Lord in truth.

Not every marriage situation like this looks exactly the same, though, for we are not all the same, and not every sex addict is just like another, although they do tend to share some common traits. For being a sex addict is not just about habitually committing some sort of sexually immoral act. It is also about habitually hating, lying, deceiving, manipulating, tricking, gaslighting, and abusing, and habitually committing adultery against one’s spouse, etc.

So, it is also about mind games. For the sex addict tries to throw his spouse off his scent by diverting attention elsewhere and/or by creating scenarios he knows are going to upset his spouse. Or he creates situations (sets her up) which he knows are going to make her look bad and him look good to others, because other people are not going to know what is behind it all.

Sometimes it will be to play the game where he claims he didn’t know what he was doing. He will feign ignorance, although he claims the same ignorance hundreds of times over while he continues in the same behaviors. Or he will pretend that he doesn’t know how to change, but he has known for a very long time. And there are continual and repetitive excuses for why he can’t be a faithful spouse and for why he can’t stop his sexual addiction.

He doesn’t usually take personal responsibility for his actions, and so he finds someone else to blame, which is usually his spouse. He tries to guilt-trip her into believing that his addiction is her fault, not his. And he will heap all sorts of abuse on her if she is wise to what he is doing and if she confronts him and if she tries to help him to freedom. For although he will claim that he wants to be free, his actions speak louder than his words.

His spouse, thus, never knows which person he is going to be each day for he shifts continuously throughout his sin cycle and goes from one person to the next to the next, sometimes admitting wrong and telling the truth only to turn right around and deny wrong and to tell lies, instead. For sex addicts have learned how to perform well for an audience and to know when to pull certain tricks and when not to. It is all like an evil game they play.

For many sex addicts sin against their spouses in many more ways other than just in committing habitual adultery, as has been stated. Many are spousal abusers, too. Some of them may abuse physically, but I think the majority of the abuse is mental and emotional. But the object is still the same, which is to wound the heart of the one he is supposed to love and sometimes in hopes to silence all opposition to his adulterous ways. And so some of the abuse is well thought out in advance in very underhanded ways.

Some of these sex addicts are pastors of churches. Statistics have it that as high as possibly 35% to 50% of pastors and 75% of men professing faith in Jesus Christ are regularly and or consistently engaged in some type of sexually deviant behavior, in particularly associated with the viewing of inappropriate contentography. So, if these statistics hold to be true, which I believe they are, half to most marriages of professing Christians have at least one spouse sexually addicted. Half to most married couples have broken marriages.

And many of these sex addicts will play the victim when they are really the perpetrators for they try to get people to sympathize with them and to be on their side. And some of them will perform religiously for an audience and they may be greatly admired by people for character traits which they fake and which are not true to who they are in real life. And most people who know them will have no clue who they are with their spouses at home.

To the Scriptures

1 Corinthians 6:9-10,13-20 ESV

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

“The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, ‘The two will become one flesh.’

“But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

So, if you are living in sexual immorality, whether or not you own up to it, just know that even if you profess faith in Jesus Christ, and even if you profess to be free from your addiction or to be walking in fellowship with the Lord, you will not inherit eternal life with God and you do not know God and you are not in fellowship with God (with Jesus Christ). For lip service only will not get you into heaven. Only true repentance and genuine walks of obedience to the Lord will lead to eternal life with God.

And if you did become a true follower of Christ at some point in your life and then you got engaged in or you went back to a life of sexual immorality, the lesson here is that you can’t unite yourself to a “prostitute” and to Christ (and to spouse, too). And a “prostitute” is not necessarily a physical person selling sex for money, but he/she/it can be anything with which you engage in sexual immorality which can even include your own body or just your mind. For Jesus said that to look at one with lust is to commit adultery in your heart.

When you marry your spouse you are to forsake all others and cling only to her and the two of you are to become one flesh. But if you are already one flesh with yourself or with another via your sexual addiction then you can’t also become one with your spouse or with God. For when you marry your spouse, your body is no longer your own but your spouses. And when you believe in Jesus you now belong to God and he is to be master of your body, and now you are to honor God with your body. So please take this to heart.

[Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Eph 4:17-24; 1 Pet 2:24; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; Tit 2:11-14; Jas 1:21-25; Rom 12:1-2; Php 2:12-13; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-10; Gal 5:16-21; Eph 5:3-11; Gal 6:7-8; Rom 2:6-8; Heb 10:26-27; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Matt 7:21-23; Ac 26:18; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15; Eph 2:8-10]

Broken Cord

An Original Work / August 29, 2018

Your bond is broken
With your Lord and Savior
And, your testimony is
Separate from Him.

Your words not matching
Your actions today.
Repent of your sin and
Bow down and pray.

Live what you testify
In truth always.

Purity’s lacking in
Your life and witness,
For you profess one thing,
But other you do.

Not moral, spiritual.
Still of the flesh.
Not living in truth to
What you confess.

Lying about it
Puts you in a mess.

Living a lie is your practice,
‘tis true of you.
Masquerade righteousness –
None of it true.

Your heart is not given
To your Lord God.
Because of how you live,
You are a fraud.

Turn from your sin and
Give your life to God.

Adultry is a scriptural reason for divorce. If someone is that bad I would definitely look into it.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mentioning such stats without any real reference or how they were obtained, the size or make up of the group studied is as meaningless as a lie.
There are many different places giving such stats. Here is 1. 15 Mind-Blowing Statistics About inappropriate contentography And The Church

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does getting older help the addict to calm down? It’s not a very pretty picture. Unfaithfulness really hurts. I am still getting over my suspicions from having it happen before. But since divorce is a legal solution hopefully the full mud dragging can be minimized.

so sad for many . And I’m so sorry for you or your spouse
My husband and I are in our 70s. We soon will have our 50th wedding anniversary. Age does not make things better. Obedience to God and true repentance are the only things which make things better. Yes, divorce is certainly a legal solution but not necessarily a biblical solution for two people both professing faith in Jesus Christ. The church is instructed in how to deal with unrepentant sin but most are doing nothing, and many are even giving "Christians" permission to keep living in sin without guilt, and that is a sad situation, indeed.

• Agree
Reactions: TedT
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah…it can be really sad. I struggle myself, though much less so these days. Joining a small group, I was surprised in how common it was. That said, a faith community of men is absolutely essential to overcoming it.
Tom, you do not have to "struggle" with sexual sin. Jesus died to deliver you from your addiction to sin, so you can walk in freedom from slavery to sin and you can walk in holiness and righteousness in the power of God, by his Spirit. And many of these small support groups do nothing to free people from their sinful addictions but rather they end up coddling them in their sin. the group attendees have a place where they can feel accepted in their sinful condition and where no one judges them which means no one calls them to true accountability, either. Many of these groups just offer a place where addicts can commiserate with other addicts but then they continue to be addicts, some of them for many years or for forever. Our help comes from God and other humans are not always going to do what needs to be done to give us what we need to have genuine and sustained victory over sinful practices. The only way to true and sustained victory over sin is with full surrender to Christ as Lord and full determination to daily say "NO!" to ungodliness and fleshly lusts and to live a self-controlled, upright, and godly life in the power of God. And it is possible!!

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adultry is a scriptural reason for divorce. If someone is that bad I would definitely look into it.
That is not the biblical solution for two people married to each other both of them claiming faith in Jesus Christ while one is sinning deliberately against the other. Church discipline is what is in order but few churches will step up to the plate and do what needs to be done because so many of the leaders are also trapped in sexual sin. The church needs to take responsibility to do what is required to try to bring the addict to true biblical repentance and to living a righteous life, in truth. And the church leadership should be standing with the injured spouses and they should be working with the offending spouses to try to get them to repent and to obey the Lord and to restore the failed marriages.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not the biblical solution for two people married to each other both of them claiming faith in Jesus Christ while one is sinning deliberately against the other. Church discipline is what is in order but few churches will step up to the plate and do what needs to be done because so many of the leaders are also trapped in sexual sin. The church needs to take responsibility to do what is required to try to bring the addict to true biblical repentance and to living a righteous life, in truth. And the church leadership should be standing with the injured spouses and they should be working with the offending spouses to try to get them to repent and to obey the Lord and to restore the failed marriages.
Someone like described in the OP is not likely to change. God can do miracles and that's what it would take. I would pray for them if I was the partner but I would do it from somewhere else. First I would call 2 Men and a Truck and one of us would move. When they have proven they are willing to change and shown it for a long time then I might think about taking them back. Don't ask the Church to do what you can do for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟419,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I are in our 70s. We soon will have our 50th wedding anniversary. Age does not make things better. Obedience to God and true repentance are the only things which make things better. Yes, divorce is certainly a legal solution but not necessarily a biblical solution for two people both professing faith in Jesus Christ. The church is instructed in how to deal with unrepentant sin but most are doing nothing, and many are even giving "Christians" permission to keep living in sin without guilt, and that is a sad situation, indeed.

all the church can do is cut him loose for awhile. Which is what you should do too. Let the world teach him. No good wife to come home to, no forgiveness. Turn him over to satan. But I got to hand it over to you for forgiving like Jesus does and putting up with it for so long.

you must be a pretty godly woman who could go out on her own and earn a living through writing (a compliment). I don’t know why you’d be there so long. I had a best friend in SLAA who stop his shenanigans and got married, not even saved. But I have not seen him for awhile.

what’s this world coming to. That knocks down the field of potential, to a narrow way and few find it. Being heterosexual is all I ever needed, barring a couple mistakes. There’s no good reason for inappropriate contentography except sex and love addicts and it’s out of control.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone like described in the OP is not likely to change. God can do miracles and that's what it would take. I would pray for them if I was the partner but I would do it from somewhere else. First I would call 2 Men and a Truck and one of us would move. When they have proven they are willing to change and shown it for a long time then I might think about taking them back. Don't ask the Church to do what you can do for yourself.
My life is under God's control and he is the one directing my steps. I believe in his complete sovereignty over my life so I pray always that he will lead me in the way he would have me to go. God did not promise us that we will have life easy or free from abuse. He said we will be hated and persecuted for his sake if we walk in obedience to his commands. God may direct some people to leave and others he may direct to stay. We never know how God may use us in the lives of others. So we should shut no doors if God has a purpose in having them open. The Lord has taught me much through all the suffering I have gone through in my life and he uses it in the things he has me write each day. For this is not just about me and my husband. This is way way bigger and it includes the relationship of God's people with him, for many are living in spiritual adultery against the Lord and I know what that feels like and so I can write about it more passionately.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
all the church can do is cut him loose for awhile. Which is what you should do too. Let the world teach him. No good wife to come home to, no forgiveness. Turn him over to satan. But I got to hand it over to you for forgiving like Jesus does and putting up with it for so long.

you must be a pretty godly woman who could go out on her own and earn a living through writing (a compliment). I don’t know why you’d be there so long. I had a best friend in SLAA who stop his shenanigans and got married, not even saved. But I have not seen him for awhile.

what’s this world coming to. That knocks down the field of potential, to a narrow way and few find it. Being heterosexual is all I ever needed, barring a couple mistakes. There’s no good reason for inappropriate contentography except sex and love addicts and it’s out of control.
See response #12 for now. I may write more later. Thank you for your encouraging words. All glory to God.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My life is under God's control and he is the one directing my steps. I believe in his complete sovereignty over my life so I pray always that he will lead me in the way he would have me to go. God did not promise us that we will have life easy or free from abuse. He said we will be hated and persecuted for his sake if we walk in obedience to his commands. God may direct some people to leave and others he may direct to stay. We never know how God may use us in the lives of others. So we should shut no doors if God has a purpose in having them open. The Lord has taught me much through all the suffering I have gone through in my life and he uses it in the things he has me write each day. For this is not just about me and my husband. This is way way bigger and it includes the relationship of God's people with him, for many are living in spiritual adultery against the Lord and I know what that feels like and so I can write about it more passionately.
What you described is an abusive relationship. You are also putting your health at risk if your partner has multiple sexual relationships. You can still help others and write and pray for people if you get out of that relationship. I can't tell you what to do but I pray that things get better for you one way or another. You sound like the victim of mental and verbal abuse and I don't have much sympathy for someone who treats you that way. I hope and pray things get better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hosea comes to mind
Yes! Exactly! Sometimes God allows us to experience things kind of the way he experiences them so that we can feel what he feels so that we are passionate about what he feels and experiences in a way we can then write about them. I wouldn't know anything much about this if I had not experienced it myself. So I can tell you what it is like from first-hand knowledge. I know, to the extent that any human can know, how much it grieves God when his bride sins against him, especially repeatedly and deliberately. So I can say passionately, please don't go there! Be faithful! Love God!

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you described is an abusive relationship. You are also putting your health at risk if your partner has multiple sexual relationships. You can still help others and write and pray for people if you get out of that relationship. I can't tell you what to do but I pray that things get better for you one way or another. You sound like the victim of mental and verbal abuse and I don't have much sympathy for someone who treats you that way. I hope and pray things get better.
Thank you for caring! That means a lot to me. The Lord is taking care of me. We, as followers of Christ, are called to share in the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming like him in his death. Sometimes the Lord puts us in situations which are painful for us to bear and where we will be mistreated, for example Job, and then Jesus, and the apostles, and the prophets before them. But when and if the Lord says "Go" I will go and he will provide the way. But if he says "Stay" I will stay and I will trust him to work it all out.

• Prayers
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and thank you so much for the prayers. God bless you!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Lord brought to mind this song he gave to me to write nine years ago. I take this seriously as God's calling on my life, as well, not as an apostle, but as a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ:

Fully Ready!

An Original Work / June 19, 2013
Based off Acts 20-22, 26; Mt. 28:18-20; Ac. 1:8

Why are you weeping and breaking my heart?
I’m fully ready to suffer for Christ.
If I must die for the sake of His name,
I am convinced it will not be in vain.
Glory to God and to His Son Jesus,
Who has redeemed us; bought with His blood.

May I speak to you? Jesus came to me;
Asked of me, “Why do you persecute me?”
He said, “Now get up and stand on your feet.
Go, and you’ll be told all I have for you.
I have appointed you as a servant,
And as a witness; you have been sent.”

“Go into the world and preach the gospel.
Open the blind eyes. They will receive sight.
Turn them from darkness to the light of Christ;
From power of the evil one to God,
So they may receive forgiveness of sins,
And a place among those who’re in heav’n.”

Upvote 0