Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Clint...pummel me all you want, but leave McDonald’s out of this! Ya ever try the Chicken Mc Nuggets......mmmmm, that’s good eatin’
To keep things short(I have many other worthy foes to contend with) All I try to do is imitate the experience of Abraham. God said “count the stars if you can , your seed shall be like that—-too many to count! And Abraham BELIEVED then God considered him righteous because of his FAITH “Abraham was not righteous because of the life he lived.He had previously disobeyed God by taking Lot with him and he lied about his wife.This declaration of the imputed righteousness given to Abraham was before he proved his faith by offering up His son.He did nothing but believe....that is something us bankrupt sinners can do .God is perfect...His Son is perfect...He is surrounded by perfection..".He wants what He can’t create—TRUST! I figure if it worked for Abraham it can work for me.

...seriously....I am going now to McDonalds-did I mention their chicken McNuggets ? ......mmmmm.,that’s good eatin’. Lol

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, you close your doors to anything that's different, and become a closed community and you create a world walled in it's own deceit.

This a a pretty broad sweeping comment. I have no problem standing for what I believe and projecting my beliefs any time I aid another, friend or foe. But no, I do not seek the aid of another to, additionally give me their rendition of faith that is in opposition to my own beliefs, nor give them cause to believe I am interested to hear or accept their beliefs. So, yes, my door is shut, to not submit to a different gospel.

Matt 25
[10] And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Clint...pummel me all you want, but leave McDonald’s out of this! Ya ever try the Chicken Mc Nuggets......mmmmm, that’s good eatin’
To keep things short(I have many other worthy foes to contend with) All I try to do is imitate the experience of Abraham. God said “count the stars if you can , your seed shall be like that—-too many to count! And Abraham BELIEVED then God considered him righteous because of his FAITH “Abraham was not righteous because of the life he lived.He had previously disobeyed God by taking Lot with him and he lied about his wife.This declaration of the imputed righteousness given to Abraham was before he proved his faith by offering up His son.He did nothing but believe....that is something us bankrupt sinners can do .God is perfect...His Son is perfect...He is surrounded by perfection..".He wants what He can’t create—TRUST! I figure if it worked for Abraham it can work for me.

...seriously....I am going now to McDonalds-did I mention their chicken McNuggets ? ......mmmmm.,that’s good eatin’. Lol

Abraham... lied about his wife....

Prob 14 [5] A faithful witness will not lie:

Gen 20: [12] And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Gen 11
[26] And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran.

Abram and Sarai were both biological children of Terah.
Abram and Sarai were married.
Haran, had a daughter named Milcah.
Milcah became the wife of her uncle, Nahor.
Haran, had a son named Lot.
Haran died and Abram became a surrogate father to Lot.
Nahor and Milcah had children:
..Huz, Buz, Kemuel, Chesed, Hazo, Pildash, Jidiaph, Betheul.
Betheul was the father of Rebekah; wife of Issac, son of Abraham.

Gen 22:
[20]...Behold, Milcah, she hath also born children unto thy brother Nahor;
[21] Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
[22] And Chesed, and Hazo, and Pildash, and Jidlaph, and Bethuel.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prob 14 [5] A faithful witness will not lie:

Gen 20: [12] And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Gen 11
[26] And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran.

Abram and Sarai were both biological children of Terah.
Abram and Sarai were married.
Haran, had a daughter named Milcah.
Milcah became the wife of her uncle, Nahor.
Haran, had a son named Lot.
Haran died and Abram became a surrogate father to Lot.
Nahor and Milcah had children:
..Huz, Buz, Kemuel, Chesed, Hazo, Pildash, Jidiaph, Betheul.
Betheul was the father of Rebekah; wife of Issac, son of Abraham.

Gen 22:
[20]...Behold, Milcah, she hath also born children unto thy brother Nahor;
[21] Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
[22] And Chesed, and Hazo, and Pildash, and Jidlaph, and Bethuel.

God Bless,
SBC

Had Mcd's last night, me a sriracha burger and Asian salad, and my daughter loves the chicken nuggets.

Abraham was justified by faith but not without works:

Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

I have never personally met anyone as great as Abraham.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Had Mcd's last night, me a sriracha burger and Asian salad, and my daughter loves the chicken nuggets.

Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Just some things that came to mind while reading your post...the first to name God was Hagar who bore Abraham's first son (not of the promise).

I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob

Abraham believed God. Isaac the second son (of promise) placed on the altar, replaced by a lamb sacrifice. Jacob, wrestled with God from the dark of night til the dawn, not giving up until he received the promise...he got a new name. A picture of the process taking place within/our soul's journey to the revealing of the truth that we are...

Two son's...Alpha and Omega, First and Last, beginning and end (takes us back to the beginning) Adam/Christ...One Father of us all...when we can 'see'...

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

My point was Abraham did not lie. To his own benefit and safety of him and his wife, he presented his wife as his sister. Introducing Sarah, as his wife or sister, are both true facts, thus not a lie.

Further - we do not gain FAITH, by our own accord. We can simply choose to or not to believe. It is the Lord who gives us Faith according to the measure, we put forth. We can heart-fully believe, period. Somewhat likened to the faith of a mustard-seed, which is similar to what ALL men first experience. And some men choose to Feast on the Word of God, daily for years and years, never stagnating to be satisfied or full, but constantly seeking more. This would be comparable to such a small speck of a mustard seed, flourishing into a herbal plant that towers above other herbal plants, thus similar to the FAITH God gives a man who seeks God endlessly.

Abram's own father had turned to idolatry, influenced, by his own surroundings. This was a strain on Abram, being of his own father's household, yet Abraham rejected idolatry. The Lord showed Abram how to overcome and resolve his own dilemma. And you know, it was to gather his wife, his things, and depart from his father. And also you should know, Abram's brother had died, who had a son, (Lot), and Abram became Lot's father-figure. Thus, Abram's leaves his father, and journey's on the path to where the Lord lead him.

Abram loved the Lord, desired to follow after Him, know Him, and be as the Lord showed Him. AND? The Lord, responds, true to His Word, to lead those willing to follow.

Justification ?

It first begins with something that is NOT JUST, (ie corrupt, not right), to be made or accounted as JUST. While Abram WAS in his father's household, Abram was subject to his father's rules. It is from Jewish teaching, more detailed history of Abram and his father's idolatry is revealed. Non the less, in Scripture, we are notified that Abram was directed by God to leave his father.

That is an act, Abram obeyed. That is Abram's beginning justification, showing he desires and is willing to obey God. We can follow Abram's history and find him being accounted righteous by God, obviously favored by God, given great promises by God, given a very high status by God, being a father of many earthly nations (people's).

Many men can do acceptable "good" things, according to the world. However WHEN men who are WITH the Lord in Faithfulness to the Lord, exalt the Lord; their works become JUSTIFIED, by the Lord to be rewarded; BECAUSE their works, Glorify God, and His great Name's.

When men voluntarily give their Flesh unto DEATH, for the Lord, (as Abraham did with his foreskin and we do with our being bodily crucified with Christ), we become JUSTIFIED, to have our BODY'S raised and changed to glorious body's, when the Lord comes to gather His Church.

So, inanutshell - we choose to believe - we are given Faith from God according to the measure of service we are willing to serve Him - God restores our souls - quickens our spirits - and JUSTIFIES our body's to be accounted righteous, set aside, kept, to be raised up all together with His Church.

God JUSTIFIES our works that glorify Him - and we become justly rewarded - which are rewards given us AFTER being raised up and gathered together WITH Him.

Bottom line - Nothing of a man is JUSTIFIED, by God, who is not Spiritually WITH God,
First by the mans heartfelt belief, and thereafter by Gods internal changes, and the mans works that he commences FOR the Glory of God.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My point was Abraham did not lie. To his own benefit and safety of him and his wife, he presented his wife as his sister. Introducing Sarah, as his wife or sister, are both true facts, thus not a lie.

Further - we do not gain FAITH, by our own accord. We can simply choose to or not to believe. It is the Lord who gives us Faith according to the measure, we put forth. We can heart-fully believe, period. Somewhat likened to the faith of a mustard-seed, which is similar to what ALL men first experience. And some men choose to Feast on the Word of God, daily for years and years, never stagnating to be satisfied or full, but constantly seeking more. This would be comparable to such a small speck of a mustard seed, flourishing into a herbal plant that towers above other herbal plants, thus similar to the FAITH God gives a man who seeks God endlessly.

Abram's own father had turned to idolatry, influenced, by his own surroundings. This was a strain on Abram, being of his own father's household, yet Abraham rejected idolatry. The Lord showed Abram how to overcome and resolve his own dilemma. And you know, it was to gather his wife, his things, and depart from his father. And also you should know, Abram's brother had died, who had a son, (Lot), and Abram became Lot's father-figure. Thus, Abram's leaves his father, and journey's on the path to where the Lord lead him.

Abram loved the Lord, desired to follow after Him, know Him, and be as the Lord showed Him. AND? The Lord, responds, true to His Word, to lead those willing to follow.

Justification ?

It first begins with something that is NOT JUST, (ie corrupt, not right), to be made or accounted as JUST. While Abram WAS in his father's household, Abram was subject to his father's rules. It is from Jewish teaching, more detailed history of Abram and his father's idolatry is revealed. Non the less, in Scripture, we are notified that Abram was directed by God to leave his father.

That is an act, Abram obeyed. That is Abram's beginning justification, showing he desires and is willing to obey God. We can follow Abram's history and find him being accounted righteous by God, obviously favored by God, given great promises by God, given a very high status by God, being a father of many earthly nations (people's).

Many men can do acceptable "good" things, according to the world. However WHEN men who are WITH the Lord in Faithfulness to the Lord, exalt the Lord; their works become JUSTIFIED, by the Lord to be rewarded; BECAUSE their works, Glorify God, and His great Name's.

When men voluntarily give their Flesh unto DEATH, for the Lord, (as Abraham did with his foreskin and we do with our being bodily crucified with Christ), we become JUSTIFIED, to have our BODY'S raised and changed to glorious body's, when the Lord comes to gather His Church.

So, inanutshell - we choose to believe - we are given Faith from God according to the measure of service we are willing to serve Him - God restores our souls - quickens our spirits - and JUSTIFIES our body's to be accounted righteous, set aside, kept, to be raised up all together with His Church.

God JUSTIFIES our works that glorify Him - and we become justly rewarded - which are rewards given us AFTER being raised up and gathered together WITH Him.

Bottom line - Nothing of a man is JUSTIFIED, by God, who is not Spiritually WITH God,
First by the mans heartfelt belief, and thereafter by Gods internal changes, and the mans works that he commences FOR the Glory of God.

God Bless,

SBC

Much to ponder here.Thanks for the study , work and time that must have gone into this.....hope to respond later..".....God Bless

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Much to ponder here.Thanks for the study , work and time that must have gone into this.....hope to respond later..".....God Bless

We have great models, examples of very inspirational men in the Bible. Some seek the positive, some would rather dwell on the negative. I love the stories of Abraham, David, Jesus and others. Always joyful to see the overcoming of hardships we all have to face.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Justification ?

God Bless,
SBC
However WHEN men who are WITH the Lord in Faithfulness to the Lord, exalt the Lord; their works become JUSTIFIED, by the Lord to be rewarded; BECAUSE their works, Glorify God, and His great Name's.

I do not really want to offend you but I'm a little battle hardened warring against the deceitful ploys of satan. One can talk about justification, works and no works, love and peace, and God's present day works among mankind. If one is content with his present life, and giving God thanks and praise, I expect great things to be accomplished in righteousness. The thing is; the world is not doing God's works at this time and the house could not be more divided at this time. Christ healed people with His love, but now it takes the love of money to be healed, and that is just physically. Go ahead and hide in your walls of comfort.

Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Armageddon (which means mountain gathering) is the gathering of false believers who are hiding within the walls of deceit of those who have established and exalted themselves in the hierarchy of today's religious thought. They so freely partake of the Lord's supper not knowing it is to their damnation:

1Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Once you start drinking of the Spirit, and do not obey it, it brings delusion:

Deu 29:19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:

This delusion will and has fell upon the whole world:

Isa 24:20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Christ warned that this would happen:

Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

I'm sorry, I was a little rough on you, but I am not a smooth talker, but I speak the truth as well as I can, God willing.

Sincerely:
Hethatreadethit

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb.10:28 A man that hath set at nought Moses' law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses: 29 of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Stoning to death is not a very sore or longlasting punishment. People suffered far worse deaths via the torture methods of the eternal hell believing Medieval Inquisitionists and the German Nazis under Hitler.

Therefore, if the writer of Hebrews believed the wicked would be punished with something so monstrous as being endlessly annihilated or tormented, he would not have chosen to compare their punishment to something so lame as being stoned to death. Clearly he did not believe Love Omnipotent is an unfeeling terminator machine or sadist who abandons forever the beings He created in His own image & likeness so easily.

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."

Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

Christian universalism--Ultimate Reconcilation: The True "Good News" Gospel of the Bible

Unique Proof For Christian, Biblical Universalism

Universalism – The Truth Shall Make You Free

Eternity in the Bible by Gerry Beauchemin – Hope Beyond Hell

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just some things that came to mind while reading your post...the first to name God was Hagar who bore Abraham's first son (not of the promise).

the first to name God was Hagar

What do you mean?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I do not really want to offend you but I'm a little battle hardened warring against the deceitful ploys of satan. One can talk about justification, works and no works, love and peace, and God's present day works among mankind. If one is content with his present life, and giving God thanks and praise, I expect great things to be accomplished in righteousness. The thing is; the world is not doing God's works at this time and the house could not be more divided at this time. Christ healed people with His love, but now it takes the love of money to be healed, and that is just physically. Go ahead and hide in your walls of comfort.

Internal-government "divide" is a choice.
And the result - is; the People become "divided".
And the result of that - is; "chaos".

Standing With God or Without God is a "divide" - is a choice.
And the result - is; the People become "divided".
And the result of that - is; "chaos".

As far as government - absolutely it is reduced to "money".
~ the government produces nothing, thus must find a way to get their hands on the People's "money".
~ the Constitution provides a way, for the government to get their hands on foreign money, to operate the government; and get their hands on the People's "money", all of them, for a few things, that would benefit "all" of the people.

D - operates beyond a "few" things - and promotes endless ways to get their hands on "all" of the People's "money", so "they" can dole it back out to the People, "they" determine is what the People need. This is equal to Communism, disguised under the name of Liberalism.

R - operates beyond a "few" things - and promotes the People to work, and take care of themselves, and be generous toward others, as one arranges his own affairs. This is equal to Liberty, of taking responsibility for oneself, and helping others as they see fit.

Is D- our Demons, demanding they control a man?
Is R- our Right, leaving it up to an individual to do Right or suffer ones own consequences?

Last D Presidential Candidate ~ Hillary Clinton
QUOTE- (Oct 30, 2009)
“The percentage of taxes on GDP (in Pakistan) is among the lowest in the world… We (the United States) tax everything that moves and doesn’t move, and that’s not what we see in Pakistan,” she said.
Hillary Clinton Admits: 'We Tax Everything That Moves'

Everything? By what authority? Backside glued to government seats? Because the Constitution certainly gave them NO SUCH authority.

Once you start drinking of the Spirit, and do not obey it, it brings delusion:

Deu 29:19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:

Not sure how you determined, simply hearing words of a curse, equals "drinking of the Spirit".

This delusion will and has fell upon the whole world:

Isa 24:20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Christ warned that this would happen:

Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Hearing is simply a beginning - the real point is WHY they do not "doeth them" - and the WHY is because they Don't trust to BELIEVE what they hear.

The DELUSION that you highlighted - IS - effected - BECAUSE GOD IS JUST -

Mankind can NOT BELIEVE in Spiritual Things BY HIMSELF -
The whole history of man following "laws" to "show" faithfulness - is a FAIL.
The whole history of man BELIEVING because he DESIRES TO BELIEVE - is
....God giving the man what he DESIRES......faith TO believe.
The whole history of man NOT BELIEVING because he DESIRES TO NOT BELIEVE - is
...God giving the man what he DESIRES......delusion SO he can not believe.

(the adage - "ask and you shall receive" )

I'm sorry, I was a little rough on you, but I am not a smooth talker, but I speak the truth as well as I can, God willing.

No apology necessary. I am not one that requires sugar-coating with sprinkles and a cherry on top. :)

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What do you mean?

God Bless,
SBC

God never named Himself...man did...from where they were seeing/perceiving Him (to be)...Hagar, the mother of a son in relationship to bondage, one not born free as it relates to our soul. As in relationship to the son we are, "Christ IN YOU, the hope of glory"....A picture of two sons...one of promise...internal truth...

Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them? God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God never named Himself...man did...from where they were seeing/perceiving Him (to be)...Hagar, the mother of a son in relationship to bondage, one not born free as it relates to our soul. As in relationship to the son we are, "Christ IN YOU, the hope of glory"....A picture of two sons...one of promise...internal truth...

Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them? God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

I disagree.

Exod 3
[14] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Gen 17
[1] And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Gen 35
[11] And God said unto him, I am God Almighty:

Exod 6
[3] And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree.

Exod 3
[14] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Gen 17
[1] And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Gen 35
[11] And God said unto him, I am God Almighty:

Exod 6
[3] And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

God Bless,
SBC
Jehovah in Hebrew "YWHW" to holy to even say...most places in the Bible, Jehovah is translated as LORD...other words were added to it that were attributes of God...

And note "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

Thank you for sharing your disagreement.

• Friendly
Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, inanutshell - we choose to believe - we are given Faith from God according to the measure of service we are willing to serve Him

Seems like you have spent a lot of time studying Abraham but I don't see how that really has any bearing on what I was writing about?

Maybe I misunderstood you, but you said "we choose to believe" which conflicts with:

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Concerning faith, I find what Paul writes in Romans as the best description and definitive view of faith:

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God measures His Spirit out according to His proportions. Look at the drink offerings that were offered with the burnt offerings:

Exo 29:40 And with the one lamb a tenth deal of flour mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil; and the fourth part of an hin of wine for a drink offering.

The larger the animal that was offered received the greater measurement.

Paul likened his speech in teaching the word as being poured out like a drink offering upon FAITH.
That is why delusion or Spiritual drunkenness can come from removing your ears from the Word of God.

Php 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
Php 2:17 Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.
Php 2:18 For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

Jer 25:15 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
Jer 25:16 And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.
Jer 25:17 Then took I the cup at the LORD'S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:

And what is the Sword?

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

This is what Armageddon is gathered too: the vengeance of God is against all those who unworthily receive the Word of God:

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

This vengeance is against spiritual Babylon:

Jer 51:6 Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this is the time of the LORD'S vengeance; he will render unto her a recompence.
Jer 51:7 Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD'S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

Revelation refers to this:

Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Christ refers to this vengeance:

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
Luk 21:23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Sincerely:
Clint

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heb.10:28 A man that hath set at nought Moses' law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses: 29 of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Stoning to death is not a very sore or longlasting punishment. People suffered far worse deaths via the torture methods of the eternal hell believing Medieval Inquisitionists and the German Nazis under Hitler.

Therefore, if the writer of Hebrews believed the wicked would be punished with something so monstrous as being endlessly annihilated or tormented, he would not have chosen to compare their punishment to something so lame as being stoned to death. Clearly he did not believe Love Omnipotent is an unfeeling terminator machine or sadist who abandons forever the beings He created in His own image & likeness so easily.

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."

Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

Christian universalism--Ultimate Reconcilation: The True "Good News" Gospel of the Bible

Unique Proof For Christian, Biblical Universalism

Universalism – The Truth Shall Make You Free

Eternity in the Bible by Gerry Beauchemin – Hope Beyond Hell

This justification or righteousness is for all who confess their sins have crucified the Christ for He is their one time only sin offering.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Seems like you have spent a lot of time studying Abraham but I don't see how that really has any bearing on what I was writing about?

Maybe I misunderstood you, but you said "we choose to believe" which conflicts with:

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say; We chose to believe and some chose to not believe. However that might be confusing, if you do not understand, "all" choices of men were "made", before they were born. We do not "remember" our choices. We do not "remember" being born. We do not "remember" our infancy, being a toddler, and do not "remember" many things from child-hood, even adult-hood.

Man "simply" not "remembering", has no bearing on the facts.

"the calling" - is what men can "recall". The "recall", is effected by what men, hear, read, and DO remember.

"the chosen" - is what men can learn and recall - because they effected with memory to submit to the Lord.

Men don't exist, simply because we OBSERVE and SEE them being REVEALED.
Men have existed, since God created the Earth, from which He "formed" the first man, and call him Adam.

Who SAW Adam being formed? God and His angels. But no other MEN.

When God created and made the EARTH - He also created and made the WHOLE host of all that would occupy the Earth as their habitat.

Men, simply WAIT to see, what all God created and made and chose to be WITH Him or not.

Gen.1
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1
[31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2
[1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Ecc 1
[9]
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Concerning faith, I find what Paul writes in Romans as the best description and definitive view of faith:

Rom 10: 6 - 16
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Sure. That is HOW, a man CAN RECEIVE Faith.
However the GIVER OF the gift of FAITH (to the man) is of God, by/because of His Grace.

Eph 2:
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

God measures His Spirit out according to His proportions. Look at the drink offerings that were offered with the burnt offerings:

Sure. God blesses and gives gifts, as He determines is JUST.

And what is the Sword?

Of man? A steel forged thing, used to overcome something.
Of God? His Word, used to overcome something.
Of man with Gods Word in him? Gods Word, used to overcome something.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Agree.

This is what Armageddon is gathered too: the vengeance of God is against all those who unworthily receive the Word of God:

Armageddon - IMO - is Gods Word, being revealed, prevailing over all things, God created and made, and the hosts thereof.

This vengeance is against spiritual Babylon:

Sure. Gods vengeance is against ALL things, hosts, that rejected Him and stood against Him, and would not relent and be WITH Him.

Revelation refers to this:

Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Sure, in part. Revelations is not limited to mankind only.

Christ refers to this vengeance:

Sure. All things are revealed. Ignorance of knowledge, is an individuals choice to be ignorant. It does not change the facts. All things are revealed.

Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Agree. And I find nothing to support a man rejecting a hunger and thirst for righteousness, being filled with righteousness. Even though all things have been revealed.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it would be more accurate to say; We chose to believe and some chose to not believe. However that might be confusing, if you do not understand, "all" choices of men were "made", before they were born. We do not "remember" our choices. We do not "remember" being born. We do not "remember" our infancy, being a toddler, and do not "remember" many things from child-hood, even adult-hood.

Man "simply" not "remembering", has no bearing on the facts.

"the calling" - is what men can "recall". The "recall", is effected by what men, hear, read, and DO remember.

"the chosen" - is what men can learn and recall - because they effected with memory to submit to the Lord.

Men don't exist, simply because we OBSERVE and SEE them being REVEALED.
Men have existed, since God created the Earth, from which He "formed" the first man, and call him Adam.

Who SAW Adam being formed? God and His angels. But no other MEN.

When God created and made the EARTH - He also created and made the WHOLE host of all that would occupy the Earth as their habitat.

Men, simply WAIT to see, what all God created and made and chose to be WITH Him or not.

Gen.1
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1
[31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2

Ecc 1
[9]
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Sure. That is HOW, a man CAN RECEIVE Faith.
However the GIVER OF the gift of FAITH (to the man) is of God, by/because of His Grace.

Eph 2:
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Sure. God blesses and gives gifts, as He determines is JUST.

Of man? A steel forged thing, used to overcome something.
Of God? His Word, used to overcome something.
Of man with Gods Word in him? Gods Word, used to overcome something.

Agree.

Armageddon - IMO - is Gods Word, being revealed, prevailing over all things, God created and made, and the hosts thereof.

Sure. Gods vengeance is against ALL things, hosts, that rejected Him and stood against Him, and would not relent and be WITH Him.

Sure, in part. Revelations is not limited to mankind only.

Sure. All things are revealed. Ignorance of knowledge, is an individuals choice to be ignorant. It does not change the facts. All things are revealed.

Agree. And I find nothing to support a man rejecting a hunger and thirst for righteousness, being filled with righteousness. Even though all things have been revealed.

God Bless,
SBC
What do you suppose Paul meant by this, " We implore you on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God."?
Was Adam always at odds with God? ...a deep slumber and change of eyesight...Jesus said "For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind."

You say all things are revealed...but not all can 'see'...perception...God had a plan He purposed in Himself from the beginning. And it is nothing we can do for or of our 'self'.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What do you suppose Paul meant by this, " We implore you on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God."?

Basically - we speak on behalf of what will glorify Christ ~ pay attention, listen, trust God, believe.

Was Adam always at odds with God?

No. Adam was "with" God in Adam's earthly beginning. Adam only knew "good", until he was tested and listened to Eve, whom had listened and became convinced that God alone was not the only one to listen to and do as He said.

Was Adam forgiven? Yes. Blood was shed, (animal), and Adam's (and Eve's) shame, (flesh), was covered, (with the skin of an animal), by God.

Gen 3
[21] Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

...a deep slumber and change of eyesight...Jesus said "For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind."

Correct.
Before Christ, men were given knowledge and rules/laws to obey.
During Christ, men were given more knowledge and given the key (the understanding of HOW TO understand Gods Word, meaning, according to God.

^ that is how a man, "might see". Such a man CAN be given Gods Understanding. Scripture tells HOW, but not all men do. (umpteen men are STILL trying to interpret the understanding of Scripture, according to their "minds", which is a fail).

And - they are the same "which might see", but become blind, BECAUSE, they continue to, and are taught to, rely on their MINDS, to interpret and understand Scripture.

The reason that is a fail is because;
1)
Rom 8
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:
2)
Matt 16
[17] for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

You say all things are revealed

Luke 12
[2] For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.

Eph 3
[5] Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

...but not all can 'see'

It is God that "reveals". Of course a man who does not believe in God, will not SEE, what a God they do not believe in, reveals.

...perception...God had a plan He purposed in Himself from the beginning. And it is nothing we can do for or of our 'self'.

True. The thing is; We already made our choices to believe or not, BEFORE we were revealed "being taken out of this earth". We do not have that memory. Thus, we wander through our "blood" life, deciding what we believe - but God remembers, and already knows, and already has prepared a place for us. That also we wait to see.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Correct. God was BEFORE we "knew" of Him. And we were BEFORE we "knew" of ourselves.

Gen 2

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0