Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
somewhere on google maps
✟17,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jer 34:1 The word which came unto Jeremiah from the LORD, when Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and all his army, and all the kingdoms of the earth of his dominion, and all the people, fought against Jerusalem, and against all the cities thereof, saying,

i suppose either this must be bad translation or there is a prophetic aspect to this verse/passage, because i can´t imagine that nebu took ALL his troops with him. this would be like the whole roman empire storming one town...

what do you see in there ?

think it should be like: nebu, the king over all the larg empire adn all the people of the known world, took his impressive army and besieged zion.

well why do they then translate it so weird ?

greetings

MB

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are often phenotypic responses like this in Scripture. By phenotypic, I mean that things are not seen from a god's-eye view, but from the view of man. For instance, Gen 41:57 is another example of this. All the peoples of the world did not come to Egypt. All the people of the region did. It is somewhat figurative language. The same can be said of this passage. But, this was not the Roman empire, but the Babylonian empire. http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/worldhis/Hist05.html They were before the Rome came to power in the region.

Upvote 0

bluemarkus

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
somewhere on google maps
✟17,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:wave: dear dave

thank you very much.

i always have the expectation that because god has the absolute truth, he also has an absolutely dichotomistic way of expression always. i will need some more time to get over the greek thinking of my old self.
but i´m getting there :)

the roman empire was just an example.

greetings in our almighty father

MB

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.