✟83,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 29:

10 “For thus says the LORD: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you,
"you" refers to the Babylonian exiles

and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Does Jeremiah 29:11 apply to us today?

Strictly speaking, according to our modern scholarship, no, because of the context. However, context does not deter one from searching for the deeper truth. Jewish hermeneutics allows it.

Similar promises are expressed elsewhere. Matthew 7:

11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Romans 8:

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Ephesians 2:

10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
James 1:

17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
Does Jeremiah 29:11 apply to us today?

In its original context, no. But yes, because similar promises are expressed in the NT.

Reactions: Vambram