Visit site
✟9,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
These are excellent scripture. I did a search myself of joy and read through numerous scripture some of which you have posted. I'll get it eventually. I've asked God to show me what it really means. I learn from experience. Reading words don't do it for me.

John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

We are suppose to learn by reading the Word, we are suppose to learn by listening to our teachers. I admit, that in some things I have learned the hard way, by experience, but there is a better way.

I had a conversation with someone yesterday on this. We were talking about our lives and things we had experienced. She commented that she thought that her life was boring. She wished she had had more experiences when she was growing up. The things is though, that she was brought up in a family that followed the Word of God. She has very godly parents that brought her up in the knowledge of the Lord and so she didn't experience most of the things that a non-Christian would have growing up. She grew up accourding to Gods plan for a family. Very few people grow up in this environment anymore.

She was taught, she was read the Word, she studies and reads the Word. She learned from the Word and from her parents so she didn't have to 'experience' it to believe it or follow Christ in what He says.

I have one of those testimonies that has a lot of 'experience.' But you know what? If I could, I would trade it for hers. But God brought me through what I went through for a reason and I will follow Him. A testimony that you think is boaring is really (in most cases) is a testimony of the power of God in a greater way. When someone becomes a Christian from a young age and lives it right from that age, it is a testimony of Gods faithfulness in that family and that life.

No where in the Bible does it say go and experience and when you are done experiencing then listen to Me. No, Jesus says listen to me, hear My voice, follow Me.

John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

Upvote 0

OracleX

Healer of Broken Hearts
Jan 17, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟9,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is a keeper. I'd only like to add that Satan will utilize men to the same end. It takes a thief to know a thief.

After reading and studying on this I have found out that man is utilized but there is so much more than man that Satan uses to steal from you. Satan steals from you with:
- the moives you watch
- the games you play
- the places you go
- the things you laugh at
- the conversations you take part in
- your attitudes that you hold
- the (negitive) feelings that you harbor
- the music you listen to
- the programs you watch on TV
- the times you don't go to church
- the times you don't read Gods Word
- the times you don't take time to pray

Did you notice something here? What does each one of those statements have in it? YOU!

John 10:28-29 "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

How does Satan steal from us? We let him steal from us. As Christian he can't force joy away from us, we have to let him take it. He can't ruin our testimony unless we let him ruin our testimony. We are in Gods hand and NOTHING can take us out of it. Satan has no control over us. But everytime we listen to our flesh, we listen to a lie, and we open our house and let him rob us.

Yes Satan may us all kinds of different approaches but in the end it is you not another man that allows you to be robbed by Satan. The biggest threat is not another man or Satan, but our inability to wear the armor at all times.

Ephesians 6:13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

1 Corinthians 10:13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

Matthew 26:41 "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
Mark 14:38 "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak."

Matthew 6:13 "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Father God help us to not give into our flesh. Help us to take up the whole armor every moment of every day so that we can stand. When we are tempted Father, please show us the was that we may escape the temptation withour sinning against you. We know and trust that you will not send us any temptation that we can not, with Your strength and with Your Spirit, be able to withstand. Father I ask also that we would not become blind to the nature of our flesh. That we would not become blind to the wiles of the Devil. Father God lead us not in to temptation, and lead us away from evil, for You are God and all glory, honour and power belong to You, for all time. Amen.

Upvote 0