Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not near as experienced with Hebrew as you are, and I know that a smart person can explain ANYTHING in simple terms to a less capable person. So if you would be so kind, please explain why one word with one set of jots and tittles is exactly the same as a SECOND word with a different set of jots and tittles.

As uneducated as I am, it would seem to me that TWO different words probably don't mean exactly the same thing. Otherwise there would only be ONE word for ONE definition. But as already explained, I'm not near as smart as other posters on this Forum.

Daniel 9:24 -- שָׁבֻעִ֨ים
Daniel 10:3 -- שָׁבֻעִ֖ים

... And if I might add, -- where you asserted that all "20x" citations are "masculine", why does Strong's include "feminine" in the definition of the H7620 if there are NO feminine occurrences?

שָׁבוּעַ shâbûwaʻ, shaw-boo'-ah; or שָׁבֻעַ shâbuaʻ; also (feminine) שְׁבֻעָה shᵉbuʻâh

To quote Elmer Fudd: "Hey...there's something awfully screwy going on around here."

Thanks,
DaDad

If we could see YKKW's analysis, perhaps we could understand their rationale.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not near as experienced with Hebrew as you are, and I know that a smart person can explain ANYTHING in simple terms to a less capable person. So if you would be so kind, please explain why one word with one set of jots and tittles is exactly the same as a SECOND word with a different set of jots and tittles.

As uneducated as I am, it would seem to me that TWO different words probably don't mean exactly the same thing. Otherwise there would only be ONE word for ONE definition. But as already explained, I'm not near as smart as other posters on this Forum.

... And if I might add, -- where you asserted that all "20x" citations are "masculine", why does Strong's include "feminine" in the definition of the H7620 if there are NO feminine occurrences?

שָׁבוּעַ shâbûwaʻ, shaw-boo'-ah; or שָׁבֻעַ shâbuaʻ; also (feminine) שְׁבֻעָה shᵉbuʻâh

To quote Elmer Fudd: "Hey...there's something awfully screwy going on around here."

Thanks,
DaDad
If you plug each of those words, שָׁבֻעִ֨ים and שָׁבֻעִ֖ים, into a Hebrew-English translator, you'll see that they both have the same meaning, i.e. seventy. So it's two words with slightly different spellings and perhaps also pronunciations, but which mean the same thing. A crude English analogy might be the words "yea" and "yeah", spelled and pronounced slightly differently, but both meaning "yes".

According to Strong's, the differences do not change the gender, which is identified as masculine in both cases.

We really need to see YKKW's analysis and rationale.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you plug each of those words, שָׁבֻעִ֨ים and שָׁבֻעִ֖ים, into a Hebrew-English translator, ...
Ok, STOP TRANSLATING. Jesus's "love" question may be "translated" the same as Peter's "love" answer but one is "AGAPE", and the other is "PHILO". The ORIGINAL TEXT ain't the SAME.

Either the jots and tittles are the SAME thus the Word is the SAME, or the Jots and tittles are DIFFERENT, and thus the Word is DIFFERENT.

Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Your argument that different words have the exact same definition is nonsense. Now grab a hat, coat, and pair of gloves ...

DaDad

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, STOP TRANSLATING. Jesus's "love" question may be "translated" the same as Peter's "love" answer but one is "AGAPE", and the other is "PHILO". The ORIGINAL TEXT ain't the SAME.

Either the jots and tittles are the SAME thus the Word is the SAME, or the Jots and tittles are DIFFERENT, and thus the Word is DIFFERENT.

Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Your argument that different words have the exact same definition is nonsense. Now grab a hat, coat, and pair of gloves ...

DaDad

Just when I thought you were exhibiting some insight...

Until you can produce YKKW's analysis, your arguments are meritless.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you find someone familiar with Hebrew to answer your questions?
You mean the ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXT? Yeah, I already checked both on-line and against my J.P. Stevens interlinear. And it turns out that the jots and tittles are DIFFERENT between the various verses. Thus they MUST BE DIFFERENT WORDS.

But you already knew that. You just didn't like the answer.
DaDad

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You mean the ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXT? Yeah, I already checked both on-line and against my J.P. Stevens interlinear. And it turns out that the jots and tittles are DIFFERENT between the various verses. Thus they MUST BE DIFFERENT WORDS.

But you already knew that. You just didn't like the answer.
DaDad

Then find someone who can tell us what those different words are.

I've never believed they are different words.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then find someone who can tell us what those different words are.
I've never believed they are different words.

"Belief" and "fact" are two different things. The words are different, as evidenced by the jots and tittles, and I'VE ALREADY FOUND SOMEONE WHO CAN TELL US WHAT THE DIFFERENT WORDS ARE. You just don't want to don't want to believe others, and you don't want to do your own investigation!.

So make a decision, but don't do like my favorite aunt used to say: "My mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts." -- She was teasing, but there's a LOT of people who are SERIOUS.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... translations can be useful.
Who said they weren't "useful": I merely said they weren't ACCURATE.

If you use the ORIGINAL TEXT it will be ACCURATE. If you use a translation, you don't know what you'll get, from language limitations (ie., Jesus' "love" versus Peter's "love"), to agenda driven sentence structures (i.e., the numbers seven and sixty-two summed as though the AUTHOR intended sixty-nine).

Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

GOD'S Word, or a translation. -- Only ONE has jots and tittles.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thanks,
DaDad

If you examine the lettering closely, you'll see that the jot in עִ֨ has not passed, but only been repositioned to the bottom of the letter i.e. עִ֖ .

Jesus said that not one jot (or tittle) would pass.

That jot has not passed. Its repositioning within the same letter has not materially changed the word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its repositioning within the same letter has not materially changed the word.
Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

They might not matter to you, but they matter to GOD.

DaDad

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

They might not matter to you, but they matter to GOD.

DaDad

God too knows that the jot has not passed.

Upvote 0