WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I heard about this a couple of days ago, and remember Jack Chick for his comic book style tracks. Admittedly, there are a few that I like: The Four Brothers, Somebody Loves Me, and Big Daddy. He obviously had very strong convictions and views, some of which I personally disagreed with (KJVO, anti-rock music, Catholics are "unsaved", etc.) but I still respected them as it is instructed in Romans 14 to do, and admonished him as a brother who shares with me and other Christians the common bond of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, which is ultimately the thing that matters.

My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Chick's family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was in my 20's when I first started reading his stuff. Got a good chuckle out of some of them.
RIP in peace my brother.............

Jack Chick - Wikipedia

Jack Thomas Chick (April 13, 1924 – October 23, 2016) was an American cartoonist and publisher, best known for his evangelical fundamentalist Christian "Chick tracts", which presented his perspective on a variety of issues through sequential-art morality plays.

Many of Chick's views were controversial, as he accused Roman Catholics, Freemasons, Muslims, Jews and many other groups of murder and conspiracies.[3] His comics have been described by Robert Ito, in Los Angeles magazine, as "equal parts hate literature and fire-and-brimstone sermonizing".[4]

Chick Publications is known to have released over twenty-three full-color "Chick comics" since its founding. They are full-size comic books, and most were first published between 1974 and 1985. The first eleven form the Crusader comics series, which follows the stories of two fundamentalist Christians and addresses topics such as the occult, Bible prophecy, and the theory of evolution.[22]

Chick Publications also distributes "Chick tracts", small comic tracts with religious messages. Most of these can be viewed in their entirety on the company's website. The most popular Chick tract was "This Was Your Life!". It has been translated into around 100 languages,[6] and many other tracts are available in widely spoken languages

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, it's almost been a year.

The Bible Reloaded guys are starting to review post Jack Chick tracts.. and sadly a lot of the subtle racism/misogyny and general craziness is gone. Not as fun to critique for a laugh.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Wow, it's almost been a year.

The Bible Reloaded guys are starting to review post Jack Chick tracts.. and sadly a lot of the subtle racism/misogyny and general craziness is gone. Not as fun to critique for a laugh.

I would challenge the usage of the word subtle.

Upvote 0