Jack Chick RIP

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I lost all my respect of him when I encounter his stance on Catholics, and that was during my Christian years.
Seriously that man has issues.
had

Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I lost all my respect of him when I encounter his stance on Catholics, and that was during my Christian years.
Seriously that man has issues.
Well, then,
keep searching, and TEST EVERYTHING, and
ask the CREATOR what HE has to say about this.
(HE has said, and HE will let you know directly).

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, see all the posts about this ? Confusion reigns !
Good reading comprehension can help with that. You'll notice that questions about the veracity of the claim concerning Chick's death -- again, the confusion about which I was referring -- are no longer being expressed.

Okay, your turn! :D

-

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="chaela, post: 70330613, member: 208992"]
Good reading comprehension can help with that. You'll notice that questions about the veracity of the claim concerning Chick's death -- again, the confusion about which I was referring -- are no longer being expressed.

Okay, your turn!
:D
Comprehension* did not even come into consideration .....
I naturally thought all the readers here can comprehend english.
The point is more like "in the world (full of unsaved, unredeemed) there will always be much confusion"
i.e. the world (society) is and always has been 'confused'
and is getting worse daily as we post.
i.e. YHWH'S WORD IS TRUTH. The world rejects YHWH.
This won't change until Y'SHUA returns.
And even then, [most probably], people still get one more chance after that to rebel utterly.
And, before the 'utter' end, all the nations that disobey HIS orders, HE withholds rain from....
More and more close, More and More Interesting !

*but maybe the topic of your posts is different than the topic of my posts, and that's okay...... it's enlightening to find out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Stop preaching.
I'm not preaching anything. I do not have the answers you need, or might someday seek.
Only the CREATOR does. (It is all in HIS HANDS, not my choice or any other man's choice; except perhaps yours; we all get to choose! ).
The ball(life's choices) is in your court.
It is up to you, not anyone else.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
I'm not preaching anything. I do not have the answers you need, or might someday seek.
Only the CREATOR does. (It is all in HIS HANDS, not my choice or any other man's choice; except perhaps yours; we all get to choose! ).
The ball(life's choices) is in your court.
It is up to you, not anyone else.
See that? I consider that to be preaching. Now stop derailing this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I remember his tracts as a kid. Thought they were kind of silly, wondered why my own preacher wasn't quite as sensationalist as Chick was.

Then around the late 80's I got into a new hobby, playing D&D.

I couldn't afford the books new on my allowance so I bought second hand books, over year and a half I'd purchased probably 50 bucks worth of game books.

Then my mother found them. She thought it was weird, but she knew I liked fantasy stuff so she didn't care. Then she apparently made an off comment to someone at church about it. The next Sunday they brought her the "Dark Dungeons" tract, the next day all of my books were in the trash, it didn't matter that I was a christian, it didn't matter that none of the books taught you how to summon demons or do magic, (or even ever at any point claims that magic was real, monsters were real or that demons were real) it didn't matter that the game helped with creativity.

What mattered is what Jack Chick said.

Thanks Jack for teaching a teenage boy why fear mongering and ignorance are always bad things, no matter the "good" you think you're doing for the world.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Who are you talking to?
I'd wager no one in particular.

These days, I prefer Pathfinder. Don't need books too, everything is online.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd wager no one in particular.

These days, I prefer Pathfinder. Don't need books too, everything is online.
I know a lot of people who made the jump to Pathfinder too, especially after D&D 4 came out. Personally, I'm having fun with the Warhammer 40k RPGs, in particular Rogue Trader. And yes, having books online is a godsend, I remember when I really got into rpgs, carrying around a dufflebag filled with books to and fro the session.

Today it's a laptop, that if were not playing using Roll20 and all playing from home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I know a lot of people who made the jump to Pathfinder too, especially after D&D 4 came out. Personally, I'm having fun with the Warhammer 40k RPGs, in particular Rogue Trader. And yes, having books online is a godsend, I remember when I really got into rpgs, carrying around a dufflebag filled with books to and fro the session.

Today it's a laptop, that if were not playing using Roll20 and all playing from home.
Eh, I never got into 40k roleplay. Too grimdark. My only real roleplaying except classic fantasy is Shadowrun.

Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0