Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You probably are taking thought, but for the right things, and have trained your intuition. Hence it seems without self-consciousness. A setting your heart thing.

Good job you reminded me, this is the remedy for my quandary. :)

For me it's like hearing and seeing fifty things at once in a way that is relational to me ... a cohesiveness in everything ...

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Taking or not taking does teach me much, regardless, does not teach me much, depending on what we are really talking about. If we indeed have a Teacher, then isn't it our listening and considering that results in learning? Oh - to be sure I often learn by trial an error - which involves me doing not taking.

And if I am seeing and hearing fifty things at once, isn't that confusing?

I mean my Lord will send me angels which are ministering spirit, but I can't listen to fifty of them at once! He once sent me 40 angels and asked me to figure out their names. That resulted in me mostly dealing with them one at a time. Even if I am in a group of people it only results in confusion if they all talk at the same time! That doesn't mean I couldn't instantly look at the 40 angels and see there was a cohesiveness to them. They were clearly working together as a group, and it became obvious that they were getting their instructions from the Lord, but that actually didn't teach me a lot about them. Listening to the one on one is what taught me a lot about them. And I learned more about them if after I talked to them I sought the Lord, One on one, and then listen to what He had to say about my conversations with each of them.

There are times when the Lord will tell me something and what He tells me gives me an understanding of who things go together. I might call that a revelation. Never-the-Less, He was still the teacher, not the revelation. So if I took in anything it was His teachings.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Taking or not taking does teach me much, regardless, does not teach me much, depending on what we are really talking about. If we indeed have a Teacher, then isn't it our listening and considering that results in learning? Oh - to be sure I often learn by trial an error - which involves me doing not taking.

And if I am seeing and hearing fifty things at once, isn't that confusing?

I mean my Lord will send me angels which are ministering spirit, but I can't listen to fifty of them at once! He once sent me 40 angels and asked me to figure out their names. That resulted in me mostly dealing with them one at a time. Even if I am in a group of people it only results in confusion if they all talk at the same time! That doesn't mean I couldn't instantly look at the 40 angels and see there was a cohesiveness to them. They were clearly working together as a group, and it became obvious that they were getting their instructions from the Lord, but that actually didn't teach me a lot about them. Listening to the one on one is what taught me a lot about them. And I learned more about them if after I talked to them I sought the Lord, One on one, and then listen to what He had to say about my conversations with each of them.

There are times when the Lord will tell me something and what He tells me gives me an understanding of who things go together. I might call that a revelation. Never-the-Less, He was still the teacher, not the revelation. So if I took in anything it was His teachings.

Perception is everything ...

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perception is everything ...

Is perception everything? If so we need the Lord all the more because we are not in a very good situation to get a good perception of what is going on!!

If you don't see this consider the attribute that God has verses the attributes you and I have. He can see the end from the beginning. You and I can't do that. We are in a poor situation to get an accurate perception! He is omni-present, so He can perceive all things that are going on. You and I can not see all things that are going on. We are in a poor situation for getting and accurate perception. He knows how others think better than we do because He made them. I have a hard enough time figuring out how and why I do things the way I do, much less others. So again, we are in a poor situation for getting an accurate perception! I could go on and on because all of God's attributes like Him being eternal, being all powerful, and Him being wisdom, understanding, the truth and so forth - all lead to Him being the only One able to get a good perception of things.

Therefore we need to listen to Him and put our trust in Him and not our perception!!

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is perception everything? If so we need the Lord all the more because we are not in a very good situation to get a good perception of what is going on!!

If you don't see this consider the attribute that God has verses the attributes you and I have. He can see the end from the beginning. You and I can't do that. We are in a poor situation to get an accurate perception! He is omni-present, so He can perceive all things that are going on. You and I can not see all things that are going on. We are in a poor situation for getting and accurate perception. He knows how others think better than we do because He made them. I have a hard enough time figuring out how and why I do things the way I do, much less others. So again, we are in a poor situation for getting an accurate perception! I could go on and on because all of God's attributes like Him being eternal, being all powerful, and Him being wisdom, understanding, the truth and so forth - all lead to Him being the only One able to get a good perception of things.

Therefore we need to listen to Him and put our trust in Him and not our perception!!

This takes me back to part of the meaning of my original post ...

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This takes me back to part of the meaning of my original post ...

The original post was quite vague which has been a lot of the reasons for my post. Perhaps I might understand what is meant by: 'not taking thought or taking thought'?

Of course it is not our understanding. The Scriptures say to not lean on your own understanding, and also that if anyone thinks they know anything they do not yet know as they ought. Never-the-less that does not mean we should take the thoughts of our Lord Jesus Christ, by listening to Him!

We are told to come and reason with the Lord and our sins will be white as snow. Reason means having thoughts and also putting them to the Lord so He can correct us with His thoughts. So why would we written to not take thoughts? We must have thoughts if we are going to take them to the Lord, and Paul wrote something about taking all thoughts captive to Him. Isn't that how we learn? Isn't that why it is written "Hear, O Israel" - because we need to listen to the Lord. Isn't that why it is written that we have not because we have not asked? I mean, I don't have answer from the Lord unless I ask for them and listen to His response, and even to ask Him I must have some thought to ask about.

So I read what was written, but honestly it doesn't quite make sense to me. It sounds more like it is being said we learn more by not thinking, which is not the same as reasoning with the Lord. Reasoning with the Lord requires that we think/ have thoughts. It's just that we ask Him and listen to Him because we realize that His thinking exceeds our thinking - and so it is that we take all thoughts captive to Him. So again, we must have take thoughts if only to take the to Him!

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The original post was quite vague which has been a lot of the reasons for my post. Perhaps I might understand what is meant by: 'not taking thought or taking thought'?

Of course it is not our understanding. The Scriptures say to not lean on your own understanding, and also that if anyone thinks they know anything they do not yet know as they ought. Never-the-less that does not mean we should take the thoughts of our Lord Jesus Christ, by listening to Him!

We are told to come and reason with the Lord and our sins will be white as snow. Reason means having thoughts and also putting them to the Lord so He can correct us with His thoughts. So why would we written to not take thoughts? We must have thoughts if we are going to take them to the Lord, and Paul wrote something about taking all thoughts captive to Him. Isn't that how we learn? Isn't that why it is written "Hear, O Israel" - because we need to listen to the Lord. Isn't that why it is written that we have not because we have not asked? I mean, I don't have answer from the Lord unless I ask for them and listen to His response, and even to ask Him I must have some thought to ask about.

So I read what was written, but honestly it doesn't quite make sense to me. It sounds more like it is being said we learn more by not thinking, which is not the same as reasoning with the Lord. Reasoning with the Lord requires that we think/ have thoughts. It's just that we ask Him and listen to Him because we realize that His thinking exceeds our thinking - and so it is that we take all thoughts captive to Him. So again, we must have take thoughts if only to take the to Him!

Yep ... all true ...

Our relationship with our father is coming to the son we have always been ... he reveals his son in us as us, a place of no separation, similar to what Paul said when saying let this mind be in you that was in christ Jesus who did not think it a strange thing, rather robbery to not be equal with God. This is the rest whereby he causes us to rest, or Abraham's exceeding and great reward, or Jesus' its God's good pleasure to give us the kingdom, but it does not come outside of his thoughts, or raised up and living in his sight ...

Another way to say what I said is ... The tree (of knowledge) will yield its fruit by not eating, this is of course in relationship to thought.

The scripture says in one place those who say I will not drink have drank already, which is the same as, because you say I see your sin remains. In another form it's the mentality of an Ishmael, to labor by eating, or thought (like the woman and a tree), to fulfill the promise of God of a son in relationship to ourselves, or even Jesus' temptation to eat of his own reasoning in the wilderness ...

Jesus said you cannot add to your stature by taking thought ...

Obedience really, for the soul is taken down to a single thought ...

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep ... all true ...

Our relationship with our father is coming to the son we have always been ... he reveals his son in us as us, a place of no separation, similar to what Paul said when saying let this mind be in you that was in christ Jesus who did not think it a strange thing, rather robbery to not be equal with God. This is the rest whereby he causes us to rest, or Abraham's exceeding and great reward, or Jesus' its God's good pleasure to give us the kingdom, but it does not come outside of his thoughts, or raised up and living in his sight ...

Another way to say what I said is ... The tree (of knowledge) will yield its fruit by not eating, this is of course in relationship to thought.

The scripture says in one place those who say I will not drink have drank already, which is the same as, because you say I see your sin remains. In another form it's the mentality of an Ishmael, to labor by eating, or thought (like the woman and a tree), to fulfill the promise of God of a son in relationship to ourselves, or even Jesus' temptation to eat of his own reasoning in the wilderness ...

Jesus said you cannot add to your stature by taking thought ...

Obedience really, for the soul is taken down to a single thought ...

God is Wisdom. Specifically it seems to be a name for the Holy Spirit. Prov 1:20 Wisdom shouts in the street

Of course the Spirit of God is not the only spirit out and about, but the Spirit of God is with us and so the Word of God is found in our heart or perhaps on our lips. So knowing that God is wisdom we understand that He is not confusion, and He makes sense. So another name for God is Understanding, which seems to relate to the Son. Prov 8:14 Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine --

So we see the Wonderful Counselor (Jesus Christ) in the above verse, and we see that sound Wisdom (the Holy Spirit) is His Spirit, and He, the I AM, is called 'understanding'

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, "Your are my sister," and call understanding your intimate friend. -

Indeed, Jesus Christ should be our intimate friend. But if He, understanding, is our intimate friend then understanding is what we should be able to get.

Now, since God created all things - the heavens and the earth - we see things made on earth which can give us a clue about things in heaven. So on earth, if you want to physically consume, get, the fruit of a tree, you simply eat it. I mean you could make it into a drink with a blender, or perhaps combine the fruit of a tree with something else like say ice cream. Never-the-less, the fruit of a tree has a purpose to us and that purpose it to consume it. The tree might not have made it for that purpose, but for men the fruit of a fruit tree is for eating. That is how you partake of the fruit tree. You eat the fruit!!!

So who says the tree of knowing will yield its fruit by not eating????

Jesus said we must eat of His flesh and drink of His blood!!

OH, there are times when I have been talking to Him for a bit and I just want to sit back and not think for a bit. At that point I might say I won't eat or I won't drink, because I am already full, but is that the time I am learning or the time I am resting. I might be digesting things then, but the actual learning was done when the Lord was talking to me. So am I to say that I learn more when I am resting or when I am listening to the Lord via the Spirit of God?

Ok - we talked in parables and saying but those were to help us consider what actually goes on. And what actually goes on is that I hear my Lord and Teacher talking to me at times. Him and I often take a walk together and He talks to me, giving me bits of wisdom and the understanding that goes with them. He might talk to my about my business, or my wife, or my son, or basically my life. But I learn from Him by listening to Him, not by not listening to Him!

Acts 10:41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.

If He is indeed seen by us, is it not because we ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead? So saying that I learned by not eating of the tree of knowledge seem to be akin to saying "Did God really say...?" or perhaps goes with something like "With their eyes they don't see and with their ears they don't hear." So I have trouble understanding that my learning comes from not eating of knowledge, but perhaps I need to eat from the tree of life first? Can anyone come to the Father without going through the Son? And the Lord sent the Holy Spirit so we can communicate with the Son who can show us the Father.

Prov 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom: From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Could that not read - For the Lord gives us His Spirit: From His mouth come the words of the Father and the Son? Yet don't I need Understanding (the Son) if I am going to figure out what is from Knowledge (the Father) and what is from that snake who said, "Did God really say"

So if the Son (Jesus Christ) is my Teacher, I need to listen to Him to learn, don't I? Don't I need to reject the idea that I learn by not listening to Him? I need to listen and tell myself "God has said"

If God said you shall not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, are we going to pursue after the knowledge of evil? But if He has said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him! (Mat 17:13) and has put life in Him, called Him Wonderful Counselor, Teacher, and Understanding, are we not going to say our learning comes from our listening, or eating and drinking of Him?

Contraty to the OP - I believe we need to take thought - Indeed I believe we need to take our thoughts directly to Him and listen to what He has to say about them! I believe that is how we learn. Perhaps I am still missing something trying to be expressed in the OP, but I can say my Understanding (my Lord) like me to listen for Him and learn from Him. He like me to take my thoughts to Him so we can talk about them!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is Wisdom. Specifically it seems to be a name for the Holy Spirit. Prov 1:20 Wisdom shouts in the street

Of course the Spirit of God is not the only spirit out and about, but the Spirit of God is with us and so the Word of God is found in our heart or perhaps on our lips. So knowing that God is wisdom we understand that He is not confusion, and He makes sense. So another name for God is Understanding, which seems to relate to the Son. Prov 8:14 Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine --

So we see the Wonderful Counselor (Jesus Christ) in the above verse, and we see that sound Wisdom (the Holy Spirit) is His Spirit, and He, the I AM, is called 'understanding'

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, "Your are my sister," and call understanding your intimate friend. -

Indeed, Jesus Christ should be our intimate friend. But if He, understanding, is our intimate friend then understanding is what we should be able to get.

Now, since God created all things - the heavens and the earth - we see things made on earth which can give us a clue about things in heaven. So on earth, if you want to physically consume, get, the fruit of a tree, you simply eat it. I mean you could make it into a drink with a blender, or perhaps combine the fruit of a tree with something else like say ice cream. Never-the-less, the fruit of a tree has a purpose to us and that purpose it to consume it. The tree might not have made it for that purpose, but for men the fruit of a fruit tree is for eating. That is how you partake of the fruit tree. You eat the fruit!!!

So who says the tree of knowing will yield its fruit by not eating????

Jesus said we must eat of His flesh and drink of His blood!!

OH, there are times when I have been talking to Him for a bit and I just want to sit back and not think for a bit. At that point I might say I won't eat or I won't drink, because I am already full, but is that the time I am learning or the time I am resting. I might be digesting things then, but the actual learning was done when the Lord was talking to me. So am I to say that I learn more when I am resting or when I am listening to the Lord via the Spirit of God?

Ok - we talked in parables and saying but those were to help us consider what actually goes on. And what actually goes on is that I hear my Lord and Teacher talking to me at times. Him and I often take a walk together and He talks to me, giving me bits of wisdom and the understanding that goes with them. He might talk to my about my business, or my wife, or my son, or basically my life. But I learn from Him by listening to Him, not by not listening to Him!

Acts 10:41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.

If He is indeed seen by us, is it not because we ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead? So saying that I learned by not eating of the tree of knowledge seem to be akin to saying "Did God really say...?" or perhaps goes with something like "With their eyes they don't see and with their ears they don't hear." So I have trouble understanding that my learning comes from not eating of knowledge, but perhaps I need to eat from the tree of life first? Can anyone come to the Father without going through the Son? And the Lord sent the Holy Spirit so we can communicate with the Son who can show us the Father.

Prov 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom: From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Could that not read - For the Lord gives us His Spirit: From His mouth come the words of the Father and the Son? Yet don't I need Understanding (the Son) if I am going to figure out what is from Knowledge (the Father) and what is from that snake who said, "Did God really say"

So if the Son (Jesus Christ) is my Teacher, I need to listen to Him to learn, don't I? Don't I need to reject the idea that I learn by not listening to Him? I need to listen and tell myself "God has said"

If God said you shall not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, are we going to pursue after the knowledge of evil? But if He has said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him! (Mat 17:13) and has put life in Him, called Him Wonderful Counselor, Teacher, and Understanding, are we not going to say our learning comes from our listening, or eating and drinking of Him?

Contraty to the OP - I believe we need to take thought - Indeed I believe we need to take our thoughts directly to Him and listen to what He has to say about them! I believe that is how we learn. Perhaps I am still missing something trying to be expressed in the OP, but I can say my Understanding (my Lord) like me to listen for Him and learn from Him. He like me to take my thoughts to Him so we can talk about them!

There is an underlying truth in the obedience to the first commandment, as God said, his people perish for the lack of it ...

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is an underlying truth in the obedience to the first commandment, as God said, his people perish for the lack of it ...

Do we know what the foremost commandment is? I'll give you a hint: It is not the first commandment in the Law but is instead the commandment that enables a person to fulfill the first commandment in the Law "You shall have no other gods before me".

Here is another hint:

Deut 8:20 As the nations which the LORD destroyeth before your face, so shall ye perish; because ye would not be obedient unto the voice of the LORD your God.

We can find it at Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

Now note: 'HEAR, O ISRAEL!' is a commandment where as "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD" is not a commandment but rather a statement. It is what we find out when we take time to hear what the Lord has to say to us.

So what does He say to us?

The answer is 'many things'. He will say the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, to accomplish the right thing. So He might give and instruction that needs to be obeyed. He might give a teaching, which we need to listen to. He might counsel us on better ways to approach something. He might give us words of encouragement. He might just tell us that He loves us, and we know that He reproves those He loves. Also He asks us to come and reason with Him, which means taking what we are thing to Him in order to get His point of view.

Now concerning understanding He once told me, "Karl, understanding is understanding the I am Lord'. If a person understands He is Lord then they are going to seek His voice and listen, thereby fulfilling the Commandment to listen to Him. That's the command Moses told them, isn't it?

Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. “These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. (Deut 6:4-6)

Again, the word Moses was commanding them were "Hear, O Isreal!" That is a command. "The Lord is our God, the LORD is one!" is a statement not a commandment. "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your sould and with all your might" is a conclusion, not a commandment. Notice the "You shall" part. It does not read 'You must', or 'You have to', but 'You shall" - which is to say "You shall" love the Lord if you keep the commandment to Hear the Lord!

It all makes sense. God is awesome. He is a loving God. Yet the way you really find that out is from listening to Him. He tells you He loves you. He gives you bits of wisdom. He gives you instructions that often result in you finding out that He is running everything even if we don't know it. All that of course gives us understanding, but not everyone listens to Him. In fact few do it often. We should at least hear from Him every day called "Today".

So ultimately I learn from Him, but listening to Him. Yet if a person listens to Him, are they not going to have thoughts, even thoughts that we need to take to Him? We also get thoughts from other places, and those too need to be taken to Him. We are not zombies for God, to where we hear an instruction and blindly follow, and He does not want that from us. A zombie doesn't get understanding, but the Lord Jesus Christ gives us understanding! He causes us to have thoughts. He causes us to learn.

So is it underlining obedience to the "first commandment" or is it sitting at His feet and listening to Him, thus keeping the foremost commandment to "Hear" Him which gives us life?

In Gen 15 we see that Abram heard the word of the Lord talking to him in a vision. Abram believe it was the Lord who was talking to Him and that belief was counted to him as righteousness. A righteous man doesn't perish. Still, Abram also took his thoughts to the Lord.

Gen 15:3 And Abram said, “Since You have given no offspring to me, one born in my house is my heir.”

That is how it works, isn't it? The Lord talks to you and if indeed you do believe it is the Lord are you not going to take your thoughts to Him to hear what He has to say about them? Abram did. I like to do that. He is really quite wonderful. He doesn't say and do what you think, but He says and does incredible things. Abram was thinking he was not going to have kids, thought it was important to him. The Lord was going to give Him a child and did. But even that didn't go down like Abram thought. Heck, the Lord changed his name from Abram to Abraham, and he became the father of nations.

Again, if I want to learn it is best if I take my thoughts to Him and listen to what He has to say. But perhaps someone is saying that they learn more by not leaning on their understanding but His understanding? I'd agree with that, but to think I learn more by not taking thought than I do by taking thought does not seem right to me. :)

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do we know what the foremost commandment is? I'll give you a hint: It is not the first commandment in the Law but is instead the commandment that enables a person to fulfill the first commandment in the Law "You shall have no other gods before me".

Here is another hint:

Deut 8:20 As the nations which the LORD destroyeth before your face, so shall ye perish; because ye would not be obedient unto the voice of the LORD your God.

We can find it at Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

Now note: 'HEAR, O ISRAEL!' is a commandment where as "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD" is not a commandment but rather a statement. It is what we find out when we take time to hear what the Lord has to say to us.

So what does He say to us?

The answer is 'many things'. He will say the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, to accomplish the right thing. So He might give and instruction that needs to be obeyed. He might give a teaching, which we need to listen to. He might counsel us on better ways to approach something. He might give us words of encouragement. He might just tell us that He loves us, and we know that He reproves those He loves. Also He asks us to come and reason with Him, which means taking what we are thing to Him in order to get His point of view.

Now concerning understanding He once told me, "Karl, understanding is understanding the I am Lord'. If a person understands He is Lord then they are going to seek His voice and listen, thereby fulfilling the Commandment to listen to Him. That's the command Moses told them, isn't it?

Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. “These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. (Deut 6:4-6)

Again, the word Moses was commanding them were "Hear, O Isreal!" That is a command. "The Lord is our God, the LORD is one!" is a statement not a commandment. "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your sould and with all your might" is a conclusion, not a commandment. Notice the "You shall" part. It does not read 'You must', or 'You have to', but 'You shall" - which is to say "You shall" love the Lord if you keep the commandment to Hear the Lord!

It all makes sense. God is awesome. He is a loving God. Yet the way you really find that out is from listening to Him. He tells you He loves you. He gives you bits of wisdom. He gives you instructions that often result in you finding out that He is running everything even if we don't know it. All that of course gives us understanding, but not everyone listens to Him. In fact few do it often. We should at least hear from Him every day called "Today".

So ultimately I learn from Him, but listening to Him. Yet if a person listens to Him, are they not going to have thoughts, even thoughts that we need to take to Him? We also get thoughts from other places, and those too need to be taken to Him. We are not zombies for God, to where we hear an instruction and blindly follow, and He does not want that from us. A zombie doesn't get understanding, but the Lord Jesus Christ gives us understanding! He causes us to have thoughts. He causes us to learn.

So is it underlining obedience to the "first commandment" or is it sitting at His feet and listening to Him, thus keeping the foremost commandment to "Hear" Him which gives us life?

In Gen 15 we see that Abram heard the word of the Lord talking to him in a vision. Abram believe it was the Lord who was talking to Him and that belief was counted to him as righteousness. A righteous man doesn't perish. Still, Abram also took his thoughts to the Lord.

Gen 15:3 And Abram said, “Since You have given no offspring to me, one born in my house is my heir.”

That is how it works, isn't it? The Lord talks to you and if indeed you do believe it is the Lord are you not going to take your thoughts to Him to hear what He has to say about them? Abram did. I like to do that. He is really quite wonderful. He doesn't say and do what you think, but He says and does incredible things. Abram was thinking he was not going to have kids, thought it was important to him. The Lord was going to give Him a child and did. But even that didn't go down like Abram thought. Heck, the Lord changed his name from Abram to Abraham, and he became the father of nations.

Again, if I want to learn it is best if I take my thoughts to Him and listen to what He has to say. But perhaps someone is saying that they learn more by not leaning on their understanding but His understanding? I'd agree with that, but to think I learn more by not taking thought than I do by taking thought does not seem right to me. :)

That is one of the things I meant by it ... it was what the first commandment would have yielded as would have every commandment after that ... Jesus' And I know that his commandment is life everlasting ...

A good contrasting (picture) example would be Jesus' response to satan in the wilderness, and the process found in Adam's response to a serpent.

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is an iguana that can eat the fruit of the "little apple of death" also known as the manchineel tree. If you eat it you will either die or wish you were dead. if you shelter under this tree when it rains and the rain drips on you, you will be burnt by the tree. If you lean your back upon it, it will burn you. But still humans like to use the wood because it's a pretty good kind of wood to use.

Since everything is the language of God one could say that the souls are lost in eternity. It's good to be lost in God. Everything must point to God. That which points away still in a way points to god. We can play the fool and be an enemy but then we would probably be considered to be a sea anenome.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
that which is limited is subject to confusion because that which is limited is not infinite and therefore it would be naturally overwhelmed. God is not the author of confusion. herein we see that neither his human nature nor his divine nature are confused and yet they both are and it is a single hypostasis as the saying goes. One seed, many genetics.

Or is that one seed the peace that God is before he was creator? Naturally then his kingdom of joy is that grown tree. Yes, once again I have crucified the truth. It's easy, I do it all the time because mortal man is a heathen.

Why do they say that the godhead and the persons of the Trinity are different? Why do they make a division? why do they say that they can throw away and reject the Trinity and that all they need is their idol called asceticism? But all they rejected was the false image of God, if they were truly sane.

Buddhism is generally an empirical kind of religion and not concerned about so-called metaphysics. Yet they do not even know why they are there in the first place. Most things have their pros and cons.

Why do the Eastern Orthodox make a distinction between God's Essence and Gods energies? Everyone is forever trying to keep me away from God. It's Unforgivable. I tried to tell them that the infinite nature of God already accounts for this distinction that someone said about God with his Essence and his Energies.

Remember kiddies just because people treat Authority as some objective and immovable secondary reality does not mean it trumps the primordial life in God. It would be a sin against God to go against what we know and to blindly accept something but to not understand it because spiritual life is reality. Therefore have faith in God and not in the authorities who claim to know God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Our nakedness as steps are a bottomless pit ...
One would think that gods steps would be infinite. The trees in rainforest make little particles that helps it to rain more. Areas that would be a desert are not because of those rainforest.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One would think that gods steps would be infinite. The trees in rainforest make little particles that helps it to rain more. Areas that would be a desert are not because of those rainforest.

Jesus's ladder had no steps ...

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus's ladder had no steps ...
Zen people try to say things like that. But I come from a family of clever fellows. so my uncle asked me "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" And then he proceeded to clap with one hand. Was funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Scott Husted
Upvote 0