I've been struggling with this in my walk and need advice..

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you stumble into something that you desperately want to share with others, how do you know when is the right time? I always constantly feel like I HAVE to share the truth that the Father puts in front of me, because sometimes, it's pretty important things. Other times, it's not, but... well, here I'll explain.

What I'm struggling with, is this, here's three verses to give some context:

Jeremiah 23:27 - Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.

1 Kings 18:21 - And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

Exodus 23:13 - And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.

He tells us that his people forgot His name, for the name of Baal.
Our Father calls us to NEVER use and worship the names of other "gods", being as, there are no other "gods". There is but one, TRUE Creator. He tells us to never even so much as to use our lips to mention the names of other deities, let alone worship them. What's my point with this? Well, the name Baal. I was curious as to what this name meant. I've been looking up the meanings of names all throughout the bible as I go through it in my reading. (95% of names in the bible have actual defined meanings that play critical roles in who the people were - in case you have never looked up the meaning of someone's name I definitely recommend you checking it out!)

Anyway, I ended up looking up the name of Baal, and what it meant. Literally it means this, I'll copy and paste the definition:
Baal (/ˈbeɪəl/), properly Baʿal (Ugaritic: ; Phoenician: ; Biblical Hebrew: בעל‎‎, pronounced [ˈbaʕal]), was a title and honorific meaning"lord" in the Northwest Semitic languages spoken in the Levant during antiquity. From its use among people, it came to be applied to gods.

Literally, Baal, means "lord". How many times have they replaced the name "Elohim" or "YHWH" with that term? 6800-7000 times... There's more than just this term in how we refer to our Father, but, I'd rather not open that can of worms right now. This finding, has made me want to show everyone I come across, but not many people even care, or even get defensive. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think that our Father can discern hearts, and knows who truly means to pay HIM homage and respect, but after finding this truth, why wouldn't you want to address Him properly? If lord literally is a title of the "god" Baal, that our Father warns us NOT to even mention, why say it? That's what I'm struggling with, I don't know when is the time to share this information with people. Basically, the only people I've had receive me well after revealing this to them, are people I later found out already knew about this, and it alarms me. It is making it hard to go to regular churches, because of the use of "lord" constantly throughout their prayers and services. I know I'm no better than any of them, but it's just, idk. I pray that one day we will all worship Him using His actual name. That he will pour out His Ruach, and we will all call Him the way He desires us to call Him. That everyone will desire to talk to Him using the names He has commanded us to use, and the deception will vanish. Thank you to all who made it this far, and may Elohim bless you.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: gadar perets

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you stumble into something that you desperately want to share with others, how do you know when is the right time? I always constantly feel like I HAVE to share the truth that the Father puts in front of me, because sometimes, it's pretty important things. Other times, it's not, but... well, here I'll explain.

What I'm struggling with, is this, here's two verses to give some context:

Jeremiah 23:27 - Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.

1 Kings 18:21 - And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

Exodus 23:13 - And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.

He tells us that his people forgot His name, for the name of Baal.
Our Father calls us to NEVER use and worship the names of other "gods", being as, there are no other "gods". There is but one, TRUE Creator. He tells us to never even so much as to use our lips to mention the names of other deities, let alone worship them. What's my point with this? Well, the name Baal. I was curious as to what this name meant. I've been looking up the meanings of names all throughout the bible as I go through it in my reading. (95% of names in the bible have actual defined meanings that play critical roles in who the people were - in case you have never looked up the meaning of someone's name I definitely recommend you checking it out!)

Anyway, I ended up looking up the name of Baal, and what it meant. Literally it means this, I'll copy and paste the definition:
Baal (/ˈbeɪəl/), properly Baʿal (Ugaritic: ; Phoenician: ; Biblical Hebrew: בעל‎‎, pronounced [ˈbaʕal]), was a title and honorific meaning"lord" in the Northwest Semitic languages spoken in the Levant during antiquity. From its use among people, it came to be applied to gods.

Literally, Baal, means "lord". How many times have they replaced the name "Elohim" or "YHWH" with that term? 6800-7000 times... There's more than just this term in how we refer to our Father, but, I'd rather not open that can of worms right now. This finding, has made me want to show everyone I come across, but not many people even care, or even get defensive. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think that our Father can discern hearts, and knows who truly means to pay HIM homage and respect, but after finding this truth, why wouldn't you want to address Him properly? If lord literally is a title of the "god" Baal, that our Father warns us NOT to even mention, why say it? That's what I'm struggling with, I don't know when is the time to share this information with people. Basically, the only people I've had receive me well after revealing this to them, are people I later found out already knew about this, and it alarms me. It is making it hard to go to regular churches, because of the use of "lord" constantly throughout their prayers and services. I know I'm no better than any of them, but it's just, idk. I pray that one day we will all worship Him using His actual name. That he will pour out His Ruach, and we will all call Him the way He desires us to call Him. That everyone will desire to talk to Him using the names He has commanded us to use, and the deception will vanish. Thank you to all who made it this far, and may Elohim bless you.
His Name is Husband to those who belong to Him ...
Hosea 2:16
"At that time," declares the Lord,
"you will call, My husband (Ishi)
you will never again call me My master (Baal)​

That thou shalt call me Ishi; or, "my husband"
Returning to Christ their first husband, and being received by Him, their desire to Him, and full assurance of it; shall not only be allowed to call Him their Husband and say as the church did, "my beloved is mine, and I am his", Song 8:14, or, "my man"

The man: the Lord, Immanuel God with us, God in human nature; and so more manifestly points at Christ, who stands in the relation of a husband to his people: or, "my strength", as some interpret it; the husband being the strength, protection, and defence of the wife, the weaker vessel; so Christ is the strength of his saints, in whom they have righteousness and strength, and through whose strength they can do all things:

Isaiah 45:5
I am the Lord. There is no other God;
I am the only God.
I will make you strong,
even though you don't know me,​

and shalt call me no more Baali; which means "my master" "Baali" represents lordship and fear.
Saints don't have the spirit of bondage to fear, but the spirit of adoption, whereby they call God their Father, and Christ their husband.It shouldn't be mentioned because it may led to thinking of that idol, and remember him, which the Lord would not be linked to.

Hosea 2:17
I will never let her say the names of Baal again;
people won't use their names anymore.
Exodus 23:13
"Be sure to do all that I have said to you. You must not even say the names of other gods; those names must not come out of your mouth.
Zechariah 13:2
The Lord All-Powerful says, "At that time I will get rid of the names of the idols from the land; no one will remember them anymore. I will also remove the prophets and unclean spirits from the land.​

"And it comes to pass in that day, is the saying of Jehovah, thou wilt call, My husband; and thou wilt no more call to me, My Baal."

The church will then enter once more into the right relation to its God. That is, the church as the feminine singular and the Lord as the masculine Godhead ... Thy Kingdom come quickly says the Spirit and the Bride

• Agree
Reactions: Devin P
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...Anyway, I ended up looking up the name of Baal, and what it meant. Literally it means this, I'll copy and paste the definition:
Baal (/ˈbeɪəl/), properly Baʿal (Ugaritic: ; Phoenician: ; Biblical Hebrew: בעל‎‎, pronounced [ˈbaʕal]), was a title and honorific meaning"lord" in the Northwest Semitic languages spoken in the Levant during antiquity. From its use among people, it came to be applied to gods.....

Maybe that is wrong meaning for the Baal, because Bible seems to use it as proper noun, not as a title.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe that is wrong meaning for the Baal, because Bible seems to use it as proper noun, not as a title.
It's the proper meaning. It at first was used for Nimrod, after his death he was made (by men) into a god, but throughout the ages it started being used to describe all gods that were not the Father. It can refer to Baal the "god" or Baal as in many different gods, or just a title meaning lord or master. All are the same baal though - in that they are deceptive and divert attention from Elohim.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this is an older thread but...

"baal" might mean "lord" in some languages but "Baal" was an idol.

"Lord" in English comes from Old English "hlaford" from "hlafweard" which means "breadkeeper" from the days when the rulers and noblemen were responsible for their dependents. Now of course it means King, Master, Ruler, etc.

"Lord" in Hebrew would be "Adonai". -http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Adonai/adonai.html

Upvote 0