Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That I didnt have to go to my sisters wedding reception because I didn’t want to go to a party with a open bar because I end up drinking to much at those events. And I think it would be better Iam not there and just go to the church

My mom know this.. now I told my dad. He just get very mad goes on about my past saying where I would be and my son if it wasnt for him and I would of over dose and been died that was before I was saved and I only tried pot. I dont know what this has to do with not wanting to go to my sisters wedding. I agreed to be a braidmaid but I sincd prayed about it and changed my mind

why would god allow my parents to act angry towards me in that matter

and my dad thinks I listened to the devil because I don’t want to go to the wedding which I had pray to the Lord about. So he prays about me.
I had accepted the Lord as my savior and I also pray that my son get saved
I just don’t want to go to this wedding and my parents lose it. Why would the Lord answer a prayer like that.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That I didnt have to go to my sisters wedding reception because I didn’t want to go to a party with a open bar because I end up drinking to much at those events. And I think it would be better Iam not there and just go to the church

My mom know this.. now I told my dad. He just get very mad goes on about my past saying where I would be and my son if it wasnt for him and I would of over dose and been died that was before I was saved and I only tried pot. I dont know what this has to do with not wanting to go to my sisters wedding. I agreed to be a braidmaid but I sincd prayed about it and changed my mind

and my dad thinks I listened to the devil because I don’t want to go to the wedding which I had pray to the Lord about. So he prays about me.
I just don’t want to go to this wedding and my parents lose it. Why would the Lord answer a prayer like that.
Welcome to CF.

Reactions: Kimberly72
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
God does not control others. How they react based on their feels and perception of the situation.
This should have been between you and your sister.... with her understanding of why you don't want to be in a place with an open bar ...and then both of you taking it to your parents.
Or you could do the bridesmaid thing.... and excuse yourself from the reception. This day is important to her and your parents as well ...and I am sure there is some way to make this happen without feelings being hurt and without putting yourself in a tempting situation.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I don't know all the details and don't clam to know the answers but I have a question -
Do you have your own transportation to the Wedding? Can you leave after the wedding and prior to the open bar portion of the wedding?

Upvote 0