Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Until tonight, I've been toiling so hard, without any success, to free myself from the yoke of my sinful afflictions; my physical and spiritual addictions -- so that I might live up to this fabricated image of my own righteousness, that I'm afraid I've quite frankly become very tired... so tired, indeed, that I think I'm finally beginning to see that nothing makes more sense than to just go ahead and do that very simple yet most vital thing that the Lord Jesus Christ desires for all of us to do, which I believe is this:

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus knew what you or I were like when he chose us before the foundation of he world and he still came to saved us.
Our constant failure to live as he wants us to live, is no surprise to Jesus.

He still loves us and as 1 John1:9 says is willing to forgive us ( yet again ) and to purify us from all Unrighteousness.

Yes turn to Jesus for cleansing and thank and praise him for his amazing love, grace, and mercy.

Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes - or oftentimes - it is necessary to toil and fail to catch those fishlike passions* of ours that live in the abyss of our heart, for the Lord to step in and help:

John 21:1-6:
Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. 3 “I’m going out to fish,” Simon Peter told them, and they said, “We’ll go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

4 Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5 He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”

“No,” they answered.

6 He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.
_____
* The metaphor can equally be applied to people or spiritual meditations, in which case the sea stands for the world or the scriptures.

Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0