Reader-Writer-Editor
Apr 25, 2005
✟68,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Dream Girl

It was only a dream; or at least that’s what it all started out as. The dream was neither good nor bad, nor very strange or confusing. It simply was.
Ryan was the dreamer. He only had the dream once, but never did it fade into the realm of forgotten memories inhabited mostly by old dreams. He remembered this dream for many years.
It wasn’t a complicated dream. Ryan could explain what happened in the dream, and his explanation was not filled with awkward moments when he discovered that he could not find the right words to explain what had happened.
In the dream, Ryan saw a girl, the most beautiful young woman he had ever seen. Her hair was long, straight, and black. Her eyes were the most brilliant of blues, bluer than a crisp September sky. She wore a medieval gown, but no jewelry.
Ryan thought she spoke in the dream, but he never heard her words. He claimed that he awoke before they reached his ears.
There was nothing about the dream to make it special—Ryan figured that all teenage boys dream about beautiful girls now and then—but he remembered it. He refused to ignore it and let it fade away.
Somehow he knew that this girl was special.

Days, and then weeks, went by and Ryan slowly pushed the dream to the back of his mind. When school started and his mind was filled with everything that comes with being a high school senior, the young woman was pushed so far back that Ryan believed that he had forgotten about the dream.
But who cared; after all it was just a dream.
Just a dream.
Really?
He thought so.
And then he saw her.
It was just for a moment; Ryan was hardly sure he even saw her. He tried to tell himself that it didn’t matter, that ok maybe he hadn’t forgotten the dream.
But that didn’t explain why he saw her. He hadn’t been thinking about her.
Or had he.
Was the memory of this mysterious woman doing more than simply lying dormant in the home for old dreams?
Ryan told himself he needed sleep. That if he slept well for a few nights then his mind would clear and it would all go away.
So that evening, he stayed off the computer, declined invitations to go hang out with his friends, and turned off the TV early. For five nights he did this, even over the weekend he made sure to get some sleep. Hopefully on Monday this would be all cleared up.
So Monday came and Ryan went to school. He didn’t see any sign of the dark haired girl from the dream, but he heard whispers, rumors, about a new girl at the school. A beautiful girl with long black hair and bright blue eyes.
“Yeah, Kevin saw her this morning, she was in his Algebra class,” Ryan was told.
“She’s been around,” somebody else informed him. “I saw her a few times.”
So it wasn’t his imagination. Or was his imagination contagious?
Ryan tried to tell himself that it was just a coincidence. It wouldn’t be that strange for him to meet a girl that looked very much like the girl in his dream. Would it?
Something told him that there was more to this than mere coincidence. But Ryan was determined to ignore that something. There could be reasons why they looked so similar.
Ryan just couldn’t think of any.
Monday night he couldn’t sleep. He lay in bed thinking about the new girl who looked so much like the girl from his dream.
Tuesday morning he saw her.
There was no mistaking it this time. She was walking into the school while talking with three other girls.
Ryan just stared. This wasn’t merely some girl who looked very much like the dream girl. The new girl at school was the dream girl. There was no way to deny it; Ryan tried.
The only difference was that instead of the dark flowing gown, she was now wearing jeans and a light blue shirt. And unlike most students, the dream girl didn’t struggle under the weight of her backpack but bore it gracefully and elegantly, just as she did everything else.
It was no wonder that every boy around turned to look at her. But though her friends glanced at the staring boys and burst into fits of giggles, the dream girl ignored her admirers.
And so it began.
It was one of the strangest high school phenomenons ever seen. The boys became obsessed with receiving the attention of the dream girl, with even giving her reason to turn her head. But the more determined the boys became, the more elusive the dream girl became. She was everywhere, but yet she wasn’t.
The boys spoke of her all the time, but could never even discover her name. They never could ask the dream girl herself, and those who knew her name wouldn’t tell. So rumors were started. Her name changed from Amy to Kate to Mary to Julie. So many possibilities were brought up that it seemed that there was no way any of them could be right. Though some believed that there were so many guesses that somebody must be right.
But nobody knew for sure. So they just copied Ryan and called her the dream girl. After all, any given one of them would say that she was indeed the girl of their dreams.
Grades suddenly had less priority in the minds of the students; school was no longer about studies, it was about the dream girl.
And Ryan felt guilty.
After all, she was his dream. Perhaps she would never have come expect for that dream. Maybe she would have come anyway, but Ryan felt as if this was all somehow his fault. He felt responsible for the lack of attention that all the students—both male and female—were giving to their work.
The school was most definitely enthralled by her. Even the smart kids’ work suffered, those kids who never cared about the latest trends. It was as if the dream girl held the whole school under a spell, some of the teachers had been overheard saying.
They were almost right.
Almost.
But not exactly right.
Early in November, the dream girl vanished. Nobody knew where she went, or if she was ever coming back. The students were horrified.
If the teachers had hoped that the dream girl’s absence would encourage the students to focus more on their work, then they were disappointed. If anything, the students’ addiction to the dream girl was all the more prominent as they began discussing where she might be and why she left.
Ryan hoped that she returned to his memory, where he believed she belonged.
If only it was that simple.
After three weeks without dream girl, her hold on the students’ thoughts had begun to loosen. Most of the students were no longer slaves to her memory, unable to think of anything but her absence.
By four weeks it seemed as if the school had forgotten her. She was never spoken about anymore. It was almost as if she had never been there.
And Ryan liked it that way.
But one afternoon in the fifth week of dream girl’s absence, Ryan came home from school, ran up to his room, flung his backpack on his bed and shut the door behind him.
“Hello, Ryan,” he heard a tense voice say behind him.
Ryan spun around, pressing his back to the door. There she was. Dream Girl.
“What do you want?”
“I want your help, Ryan. That’s all I ever wanted.”
“I can’t help you.”
“Please, Ryan.”
“Find somebody else to help you.”
“There is nobody else. You saw what happened at your school; it was too dangerous for me to stay there any longer. It may already be too late.”
“I don’t understand. Yeah everybody went a little crazy for awhile, but everything’s back to normal now.”
“Is it?”
Ryan didn’t know what to say.
“I have to go, Ryan. I have been here too long already; they will wonder where I am. I will come to see you whenever I can. Remember what I said. Only you can help me.”
Before Ryan could reply, she was gone. Only then did he realize that he should have asked her name.
Did she even have one?
What could dream girl want with him?
What was going on?
Ryan wished that he had never dreamed that dream. Then this would have never happened.

The next day, Ryan returned to school. Everything still appeared normal. What had dream girl meant? She had definitely implied that everything was not as calm as it seemed, but what could be wrong?
Was it her fault?
Was it his?
What was he supposed to do about it?
It seemed as if the only thing left to do was wait. Wait and hope that dream girl would come to speak with him again.
After all, she said that she would, hadn’t she?
And how was he supposed to help her if he didn’t even understand the problem?
These thoughts tormented Ryan all day. Round and round they ran in his mind; like children playing tag, they would not stay still. Ryan would barely grasp one idea and then it was gone, leaving him to chase after the others.
Perhaps if had understood more, if he had been able to piece together his scattered thoughts, then he might have understood.
And then maybe he wouldn’t have made things worse.

This is the beginning. Tell me what you guys all think??

Upvote 0

blessedblonde

Jammin in the Name of The Lord
Jul 1, 2005
Detroit, MI
✟30,970.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
:eek:
Tariel said:
what's so funny BB??

everything is so strange with the site... sometimes I can see my character/pet... sometimes I cant... my fonts always different... it keeps taking me to different pages... and I have to wait 30 secs to post

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

greatful

Aug 31, 2005
north carolina
✟3,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i usually just put in christian forums and this site was
always second but its not anymore....its several pages in and i
even had a pay pal reciept in my e mail but that wouldnt link me either. someone had posted a link to check out what she had posted and i found it from there.i hope i can find it next time cause i missed all of you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.