Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't tell you how mad I am since the words I would have to use are banned on this forum.

Trump admin held back phone numbers and addresses that could have reunited separated migrant children with parents

They held back contact information to help reunite children with their parents.

After federal courts ordered the administration to reunite families, 666 children remained without families. Investigators feared they would never see them reunited because the Trump administration had made little effort from the start to track them. There was never any intention to reunite the families when the program was instituted.

But now, in the waning days of the Trump administration, it turns out all along they had information that could have helped to reunite the children with their parents, but refused to hand it over.

This is a crime that needs to be prosecuted and punished.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't tell you how mad I am since the words I would have to use are banned on this forum.

Trump admin held back phone numbers and addresses that could have reunited separated migrant children with parents

That’d be too easy for him. A preemptive pardon for himself and all involved would make prosecution pretty much pointless.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It won't be -- it'll be dismissed as "fake news," until the incontrovertible proof is presented.

And when it is, Donald will still be praised as a good Christian and the best thing to have ever happened for this country... once those terms are properly redefined.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Being cruel was the goal. I'm sure more will come out in time that even current supporters will have a hard time defending. They will rationalize that it's not true or it was someone else's fault.....something but in the end all the truth of this administration will come out.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Enjoying your echo chamber?
If there was a counter-point, you would've posted one. Since there isn't, it's probably still being worked on. Don't blame us when it's shown the Trump admin was deliberately evil to CHILDREN.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Prove yourself a worthy conversationalist, and I might.

You don't know me very well. I don't bark at every dog that barks back. Have a nice day, and try to get out a little.
Never change Trumpers. Wish you would, but never change.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yeah this is beyond disgusting, it’s just evil and....I also have no words... we need to hold Biden to his promise of reunification. Whatever it takes, we have to get those kids back to their families.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
The Trump admin withheld addresses and phone numbers of separated families, making it harder to reunite.

These families belong together here in the United States — and a human rights commission should investigate what happened, even refer prosecutions. Trump administration has handed over new data to help reunite migrant families

— Joaquin Castro (@JoaquinCastrotx) December 3, 2020

https://twitter.com/JoaquinCastrotx/status/1334338566785277952?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
https://twitter.com/JoaquinCastrotx/status/1334338566785277952?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

No, they don't belong together here.

Reuniting them in America only encourages more of this uncontrollable mass invasion. It only pads the pockets of the Cartels & coyotes. It only gets more desperate people killed making the journey. It only leads to the mass rape of 4/5's of the women & girls who make the journey, with some falling into the hell of sex trafficking & slavery.

It's all just more well-intended paving stones for a road that leads only to misery.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the international judges in the International Criminal Court in Den Hague aren't looking at this.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't one of the reasons trump pulled US recognition of the ICC in 2018:

"... the United States will provide no support in recognition to the International Criminal Court. As far as America is concerned, the ICC has no jurisdiction, no legitimacy, and no authority."

trump has LOTS of criminal exposure. This may be just another one in the long list he's compiling.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure Trump would have happily reunited them in any country that's not ours.
But he didn't.

From what reporting I have read, may of the parents were basically dropped off in Mexico or sent back their countries of origin. And he's had plenty of time to "happily reunited them in any country that's not ours". He even had phone numbers and information that may have helped do that (the subject of the recent reporting).

But he didn't.

Upvote 0