It was a long time coming

G

GratiaCorpusChristi

But I'm finally a Lutheran! :clap:

Awesome!

Do you mind if I ask where you're coming from, and how you ended up as one of us? I also was once not Lutheran (I grew up in an evangelical nondenominational megachurch) but joined the LCMS in college after a year of discussions with some a professor of mine, so I'm always interested to hear other people's stories.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Awesome!

Do you mind if I ask where you're coming from, and how you ended up as one of us? I also was once not Lutheran (I grew up in an evangelical nondenominational megachurch) but joined the LCMS in college after a year of discussions with some a professor of mine, so I'm always interested to hear other people's stories.

It is a sort of long Journey, and I will attempt to relate it to you but I find that when I try to do so I always end up mucking up the story and it gets bogged down so forgive me if that happens.

When I was a young kid, about 11 years old I fell away from the faith and I began on a very long "faith" Journey which took me through Judaism, Islam, Atheistic Satanism, Theistic Satanism, Wicca, Religio Romana (Ancient Roman paganism) Jainism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc. When Pope John Paul the second died, I remember watching all the news segments and such about him and so that is what began my interest in Catholicism. It was through Catholicism, and Eastern Orthodoxy (which is what I moved onto after that) that taught me about the liturgical, ancient, sacramental nature of the Church, and yet I could not get myself to commit 100% because a lot of it really smelled bad of mysticism. This forum is actually what introduced me to Lutheranism for a bit, but it was when I saw a thread about Rev Fisk that I really started to learn about the Faith and I began to explore it more and more. It had the ancient Catholic faith that I was looking for but without all that junk that I couldn't concede to! it was beautiful! Eventually through about almost 2 years of watching Rev Fisk, and asking questions and some vacillating from time to time through other Christian traditions that me and my brothers began attending the Lutheran Church.

In regards to what Church I came from I came from your typical non-denominational Dispensational Church.

Upvote 0