Munich
✟7,778.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and thank you for your webpage and wall.
I'm new here (Feb 8th, 2018). Just feeling down at the moment.
A while back I was so happy to find old friends that I haven't seen in years on FaceBook, (I'm in my 50s). But as time progressed I got into some scathing arguments with some of them over American politics. In the end some of them 'unfriended' me. That hurts. Out of anger and spite I blocked them permanently form my FB account.
Now, looking back at it, I'm wondering if this was the best way to behave. Probably not.
It just sucks that I will never see these people again, and some of them are christian too.
Any ideas, advice?
Just down today.
Your prayers are appreciated.

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Friends can come and go. Spouses, children, family can come and go. Enjoy them while you have them, but holding unto them may be as hard as holding water in your hand. Like pets, we should love people, and realize there is pain when we lose them. There is one friend who will never leave You nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). Jesus can help you cope with the loss of people. Saved people are not lost forever, only in this lifetime. Grieve for a time for the loss, but then move on and refocus on other people, holding on to them loosely. Father, teach us how to live victoriously through the loss of people and even things we love. Amen.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It just sucks that I will never see these people again, and some of them are christian too.
Any ideas, advice?
Just down today.

:) Avoid discussing politics with your friends, for starters. There will be a few that you can have a friendly disagreement with and still be close (I have a couple of friends here on CF that I am diametrically opposed to on political matters, but we get along just fine), but most don't know how to be polite about it or use tact.

But if you find some more friends (new or old) and notice they tend to gravitate towards talking politics a lot, just come to the grips that this may not be a person you can get too, too close to unless your views are the same. Even then, there's no guarantee you won't be at odds eventually over something.

Just pray to the Lord that He sends you some friends that you have a lot in common with, especially in spiritual matters.

God bless, and hope you find some good companionship. Just keep praying for it. He will provide eventually.

Upvote 0