Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think most Christians have identified the humanitarian crisis at the border much earlier than the politicians and media denying there is a crisis. If I remember correctly, the narrative up until June when members of Congress actually went to the border was "manufactured crisis." But I'm glad they went and saw that our border facilities and US customs and border patrol personnel were overwhelmed beyond capacity. I am also glad the previous administration had the foresight to build additional facilities, even though they did so with indoor fencing.

And Christians are acting:

Samaritan’s Purse Continues To Help Migrants and Ministry Partners at US-Mexico Border

Samaritan’s Purse Responds to the US-Mexico Border Crisis

Pro-life women deliver semi-truck full of supplies, $72,000 to the border

:: RespiteCenter ::

Yes, there are more left wing groups trying to help as well. The border guards rejected supplies like toothbrushes and soap.
The political decisions made this situation much, much worse that it could have been. That needs addressed.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Dayton shooter was not antifa even if he was pro-antifa in his views. He had serious mental issues for a long time. There was no manifesto. There were concerns. And he killed his own sister. There is more to it.

In contrast:
All of the extremist killings in the US in 2018 had links to right-wing extremism, according to new report

Every extremist killing in the US in 2018 had a link to a right-wing extremism, according to a January 2019 report from the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism.

The report zeroes in on incidents such as the high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, in February 2018, and the mass shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in October 2018.

There were at least 50 extremist-related killings in the US in 2018, according to the report, making it the fourth-deadliest year on record for domestic extremist-related killings since 1970.​

I would love to see some on the right actually acknowledge there is problem and help resist it.

This is the party line isn't it..

thing is, the rest of us look for the truth and aren't finding the same things that are being promoted as fact.

And no, I honestly don't believe white supremacy is "on the rise".. Even today you can't get a group of a thousand real white supremacists in the same room without a good percentage in that room being journalists and FBI agents.

I don't believe there is a rise of anyone hating minorities in this country.

I think the youth in this nation are getting far more violent, with far greater instances of mental illnesses that are far more severe than ever seen before.

But I am not willing to sit around and believe lies about all those white supremacists.

The above lie is dividing us as a country, and it's nothing but deception.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, there are more left wing groups trying to help as well. The border guards rejected supplies like toothbrushes and soap.
The political decisions made this situation much, much worse that it could have been. That needs addressed.

They can't accept supplies from individuals. The reason is the safety of the immigrants. Toothpaste or soap can be laced with poison etc.

Just like Halloween, you can't accept anything from just anyone. You have to be careful, and border security is responsible for these people, safety is their priority.

• Agree
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Here's something interesting:
University of Pennsylvania study: America under Trump is LESS racist

“President Trump’s election has made racists come out in the open!” has been the progressive/media narrative since Election Day 2016.

But is it true? Not according to a new study ... "the study found exactly the opposite,” as the 2,500 Americans which the researchers had been following since 2008 indicated a “sharp dive” in racist attitudes that was “statistically significant.”

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is the party line isn't it..

thing is, the rest of us look for the truth and aren't finding the same things that are being promoted as fact.

And no, I honestly don't believe white supremacy is "on the rise".. Even today you can't get a group of a thousand real white supremacists in the same room without a good percentage in that room being journalists and FBI agents.

I don't believe there is a rise of anyone hating minorities in this country.

I think the youth in this nation are getting far more violent, with far greater instances of mental illnesses that are far more severe than ever seen before.

But I am not willing to sit around and believe lies about all those white supremacists.

The above lie is dividing us as a country, and it's nothing but deception.
That is what I thought.

From last April:

The Facts on White Nationalism - FactCheck.org

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You don't have to imagine it - 1 of the last 3 mass shootings was left politically, Connor Betts, the Ohio shooter was pro-Antifa, pro-Bernie Sanders and anti-ICE, The California shooter, Santino William Legan had mixed Iranian decent and posted his distaste for white people:

View attachment 260939Why did you say one of the last three and not one of the last 47?

and the El Paso shooter is questionable considering he supported plenty of left leaning policies such as Medicare for all...

But if you notice, due to his "manifesto" and the inability to place white supremacist beliefs on the others the El Paso shooter is now the only one you hear about in the news.. the Antifa member was never mentioned more than once, even on Fox news..
Pretty sure that's because though he is an an antifa supporter, that does not, de facto mean it was the motivation for his killing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lots of white Americans are not nationalists or supremacists and while wanting border controls, do not approve of the abuse of immigrants.
But this thread is about the FACT that there are white supremacists types in the US, that the extremism on the right is growing, and denying it does not make it go away.

Conservative Christians should dislike white nationalism intensely.

We white Americans don't deny that white supremacists exist. We're just sick and tired of being labeled as being those types.
BTW, it's not just "lots" of white Americans who aren't supremacists. It's the vast majority.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pretty sure that's because though he is an an antifa supporter, that does not, de facto mean it was the motivation for his killing.

lol.. okay. So let me see if I have this correct...

Your originally said (and I'll quote your words)

I like that with liberals you still have to say " just imagine if someone who identified as liberal went on a shooting spree"..

So I pointed out someone who clearly is a "liberal" who only recently went on a shooting spree.

And within seconds of reading my post, you have discounted the liberal's shooting spree by saying we don't know his motive was his liberal politics...

Is this correct?

You realize this is just an attempt to ignore what the left is doing, or what is happening on the left, in order to continue to over emphasize the actions of a few crazies on the right...

If we close our eyes on everything the left does, then certainly the right seems terrifying.. lol.

What I'm curious about, is when will democrats admit the truth, that "mass shootings" are not exclusively the actions of those who are republicans and/or "white supremacists"...

I mean, two Bernie supporters and one person who seems to have a distinct distaste for white people later, and we have a plethora of right-wing white supremacists committing mass shootings, according to MSM..

So, I'm just curious when will truth matter to anyone?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We white Americans don't deny that white supremacists exist. We're just sick and tired of being labeled as being those types.
BTW, it's not just "lots" of white Americans who aren't supremacists. It's the vast majority.
I am a white American, too. I can recognize the existence and growing problem of white supremacist and have never worried about being labeled a white supremacist myself.
However, I can't say the same about all of my relatives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
lol.. okay. So let me see if I have this correct...

Your originally said (and I'll quote your words)

So I pointed out someone who clearly is a "liberal" who only recently went on a shooting spree.
And within seconds of reading my post, you have discounted the liberal's shooting spree by saying we don't know his motive was his liberal politics...

Is this correct?
Yes. He absolutely IS a liberal. I agree 100% on that.
And here is where things should not get tricky, but where I have seen several right wing posters seem inexplicably lost:
Was he MOTIVATED by his liberal ideologies to carry out this attack specifically. Did he shoot those people because of his liberal ideologies OR did he just shoot them for another reason.

I have not distinctly seen them put a motive to that attack. Is it possible he can't find one?

I mean, didn't this guy kill his own sister in this attack? Because if that's the case, well, that doesn't sound like a very random attack to me, considering all the places around Dayton he could have attacked.

And, to make it that much more interesting, NYP reports that his sister was a transgendered man.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/suspe...lain-sister-was-reportedly-a-transgender-man/

So, what says a targeted liberal terrorist attack MORE than a gunman shooting his transgendered sister in a city of 140,000?

You realize this is just an attempt to ignore what the left is doing, or what is happening on the left, in order to continue to over emphasize the actions of a few crazies on the right...

If we close our eyes on everything the left does, then certainly the right seems terrifying.. lol.

What I'm curious about, is when will democrats admit the truth, that "mass shootings" are not exclusively the actions of those who are republicans and/or "white supremacists"...
Sorry: has anyone EVER said they were "exclusively" the actions of those groups? I don't think advancing a strawman is the BEST way to end a thread, right before you type "I'm just curious when will the truth matter to anyone".
RACE based mass shootings ARE exclusively perpetrated by white supremacists (as opposed to, say, BLM members or other minority groups going after whites) according to research but there are many OTHER reasons for mass shootings.

I mean, two Bernie supporters and one person who seems to have a distinct distaste for white people later, and we have a plethora of right-wing white supremacists committing mass shootings, according to MSM..
Is it according to the MSM or is it according the law enforcement agencies who investigate the crimes and pass the information along to media outlets?
Because I'm SURE that to you Blue Live Matter and, under absolutely no circumstances would police EVER be negligent in their duty to investigate crimes so....

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep there are a couple that are from folks who could be left wing.

Poway synagogue shooting - Wikipedia
At approximately 11:23 a.m. PDT, a gunman identified as 19-year-old John T. Earnest allegedly entered the Chabad of Poway synagogue on the last day of the Jewish holiday of Passover, which fell on a Shabbat. Approximately 100 people were inside the synagogue.[8] ....In an antisemitic and racist open letter posted on 8chan shortly before the shooting and signed with Earnest's name,[25] the author blamed Jews for the supposed white genocide conspiracy theory, which he referred to as the "meticulously planned genocide of the European race". He cited shooters Brenton Harrison Tarrant and Robert Bowers for their involvement in respectively the Christchurch shootings at Al Noor Mosque and Linwood Islamic Centre in Christchurch, New Zealand and the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting at Tree of Life - Or L'Simcha Congregation in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as well as Jesus Christ, Paul the Apostle, Martin Luther, Adolf Hitler, Ludwig van Beethoven, Moon Man and Pink Guy for being the figures who inspired him to commit the Poway shooting as well as a joking mention of PewDiePie and referencing "The Day of the Rope" an event from William Luther Pierce's neo-Nazi novel The Turner Diaries (1978) in which Jews, non-whites and liberals are executed including racial slurs targeting African-Americans and Hispanics and urged more violent attacks while avoiding arrest.[25] He condemned President Donald Trump as a pro-Zionist traitor.[26][27][28]

Tallahassee shooting - Wikipedia
Scott Paul Beierle (October 6, 1978 – November 2, 2018) was later revealed as the perpetrator by police. According to his social media profiles on Facebookand LinkedIn, Beierle was a military veteran and former teacher for the Anne Arundel County Public School System in Maryland, teaching both English and social studies at Meade High School and being affiliated with conservative groups FSU College Republicans and We Are Conservatives.[11][12][13] Additionally, Beierle has also taught at numerous other schools as a substitute teacher, yet only briefly due to performance issues and inappropriate behavior. In one instance, Beierle was fired for an incident where he reportedly asked a female student if she was "ticklish", while touching her "below the bra line" on her stomach.[14] He had been charged twice for battery, in 2012 and 2016, where he was accused of grabbing a woman's buttocks in both situations.[15]

YouTube videos posted by Beierle in 2014 showed that he identified with the involuntary celibate community while often complaining about his sexual rejections from women.[16] He also sympathized with the shooter behind the 2014 Isla Vista killings, Elliot Rodger, as he too felt lonely and unloved as well as posting misogynistic songs on SoundCloud. Other videos had Beierle's far-right extremist views depicted him ranting about African-Americans, illegal immigration and interracial relationships.[17][18][19] One of the videos was named "Dangers of Diversity".[20]

The FBI and the Tallahassee Police Department reported about Beierle's hatred of women and that he was "disturbed" during the shooting in addition he also had planned the attack months in advance.[21]

Jeffersontown Kroger shooting - Wikipedia
On October 24, 2018, Maurice E. Stallard, aged 69, and Vickie Lee Jones, aged 67, both African Americans, were killed while shopping at a Kroger store in Jeffersontown, Kentucky. Gregory A. Bush, age 51, a white man, was initially charged in state court with two counts of murder and ten counts of wanton endangerment, and held on $5 million bail.[1] On November 15, 2018, a federal grand jury in the Western District of Kentucky indicted Bush on six counts: three hate crime charges and three firearms offenses.[2]....The Louisville police chief said the shooting was motivated by racism.[6]
Pittsburgh synagogue shooting - Wikipedia
The Pittsburgh synagogue shooting was a mass shooting that occurred at the Tree of Life – Or L'Simcha Congregation[a] in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on October 27, 2018, while Shabbat morning services were being held. Eleven people were killed and seven (including the perpetrator) were injured. It was the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the United States.[5][6]

The sole suspect, 46-year-old Robert Gregory Bowers,[7][8] was arrested and charged with 63 federal crimes, some of which are capital crimes.[9] He has pleaded not guilty.[9] He separately faces 36 charges in Pennsylvania state court.[7][10] Using the online social network Gab,[11] Bowers had earlier posted anti-Semitic comments against HIAS (formerly, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society)[12][13] in which Dor Hadash[14]and Tree of Life[15] were supporting participants. Referring to Central American migrant caravans and immigrants, he posted on Gab shortly before the attack that "HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I'm going in."[16]

Some sources argued that the incident should be referred to as an act of domestic terrorism.[3][17][18]
2017 Portland train attack - Wikipedia
The 2017 Portland train attack occurred on May 26, 2017, when a man fatally stabbed two people and injured a third, after he was confronted for shouting what were described as racist and anti-Muslim slurs at two teenage girls on a MAX Light Rail train in Portland, Oregon.[1][2] Two of the victims, Ricky John Best of Happy Valley, a technician for the City of Portland's Bureau of Development Services, a U.S. Army veteran and a father of four children, and Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche of Portland, a recent university graduate, died following the attack. The third victim, Micah David-Cole Fletcher, survived serious wounds.

Following the attack, Jeremy Joseph Christian, who described himself as a white nationalist,[3] was arrested and charged with murder, attempted murder, and other crimes. After being indicted by a grand jury, Christian pleaded not guilty to the charges and was denied bail in November 2017. His trial was scheduled for June 24, 2019. The attack was widely condemned by the Portland community, politicians, and civil rights groups, some of which said it represented a rise in hate speech,[4] racism,[5] and Islamophobic incidents in the United States.[4][6][7][8]
There are so many more.

It is crazy. After El Paso, Right-Wing Terrorists Have Killed More People on U.S. Soil Than Jihadis Have Since 9/11

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's something interesting:
University of Pennsylvania study: America under Trump is LESS racist

“President Trump’s election has made racists come out in the open!” has been the progressive/media narrative since Election Day 2016.

But is it true? Not according to a new study ... "the study found exactly the opposite,” as the 2,500 Americans which the researchers had been following since 2008 indicated a “sharp dive” in racist attitudes that was “statistically significant.”
If accurate, it does not bode well for Mr. Trump in 2020.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If accurate, it does not bode well for Mr. Trump in 2020.

Since the study found it not to be true, it doesn't bode well for the democrat party candidate, or maybe even their party.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Since the study found it not to be true, it doesn't bode well for the democrat party candidate, or maybe even their party.
Most people don't like to be called racist, especially when they're not. They just might have a tendency not to vote for the candidate calling them racist.

We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most people don't like to be called racist, especially when they're not. They just might have a tendency not to vote for the candidate calling them racist.

With more than a year to go, I predict it will play out the way it has been for the past few years--people using skin color as a way to demonize people who are white by making the claim of racism in order to keep white people on the defensive. It's only going to increase as time goes on because it's the only card they've got left to play, and they'll play it as if it's the only card in the deck because....well, maybe it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's just a hunch, but I don't think most Americans are comfortable voting for a man who sounds like a white supremacist. Trump's entire campaign message is premised on blaming the [illegal immigrant, Muslim or anyone "who is not one of us"].

Upvote 0