• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

It get's hard out here

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I got a message from somebody that said they go to this part and I was reading some stuff like wow, people are really getting some stuff ooff their chest.

I never asked for prayers online before. I'm doing it this time because I was in the sex biz but as a DJ and a kind of "manager" I guess you could call it. I just stared off DJing at a place and it was fun like cash money good times music, party whatever. I did it as a side job a couple nights a week. THe management liked me so I kept picking up more shifts and the girls really liked me (I'm a dude by the way) because I didn't harass 'em and I kept it professional or whatever. Then I met this girl and I started to like her. Pretty soon, she living with me, we got another girl in there and another one and I'm setting all this stuff up on a websites and things just got real like what is happening? That's when I got on the drugs and people used to think I was so called pimpin but the drugs were pimpin all of us. Especially me like full blast junkie style

Anyway, it took 2 years but I got my life back. All the girls are gone. SOme got it together, some are in the wind. By the grace of God I got clean, got my stuff in order but one thing is, I never got back to work right! I'm taking a course to get a real estate license but the tests aren't going so well and I'm getting offers from the clubs cause it's summer again.

It's like I know that's not where God want's me. I'm only here and alive because God decided to save my you know what but it's like the little money just keeps calling and I been missing mortgage payments and I don't want to loose my house. It's like I go through all this and get clean and stay clean almost a year just to loose my house?

ANyway, I'm sorry, I never ever ever do this but I'm just like I got some stuff to get off my chest. Nobody got to write anything, I'm just asking if you read this, if you could just make the sighn of the cross for me and ask God to bless me, I don't want to do the wrong thing. This business did me dirty, man it took a piece of my soul that I don't know if I'll ever get back I can't believe I'm even thinking about going back man I seen and been through some dirty shti. I feel so dirty but it's like I dunno. I just don't sometimes

God bless yall please just make a cross for me

Robert T

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Robert! You deserve someone answering you after all you wrote! My husband was a strip club manager for 16 years. My nephew is a DJ and has been for years, and we have another close friend that has been DJing over 20 years.

I am so happy for you that you got out and got clean! That's huge! It's hard when you are struggling for money. I totally get it.... Have you ever thought about anything like taking in a roommate (not in the biz or using) for extra money? Have you ever considered doing something like getting certified and becoming a personal trainer? Just a thought because it's pretty easy to get into and you can make some decent money...Or restaurant management? If you have management training in the clubs it might be a foot in the door...

Do you have a good church that you attend?

Have you heard of Shelley Lubben? You may want to google her and look her website over...It will make you think twice about getting back into the industry.

I am grateful that you posted Robert. That's really brave of you. We don't get too many men that are brave enough to do that! You're on the right path!

God bless you!

Courtney

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yeah, I try renting rooms and usually the people I rent to end up being on drugs or drunk or something I can't deal with so that has been discouraging. I'll google Shelly Lubben. It's not so easy to talk about these things at the church where I grew up. I can talk to some people but I can't just put it out there for everybody to judge my situation.
Temptation is a cruel thing. I just try to tell myself that God would rather see me broke and homeless with a message than doing what I used to do with/for women and earning my way that way. It's easy to tell yourself, they would be doing it anyway, I'm just helping them do it a better way. But deep down I knew what I was doing was wrong and I felt like I had no soul in my body by what I set up and let go on in my home. THe same home my mother would visit!

It's gon always be a temptation but I think I just have to remember that lower than dirt feeling I had when I would complete a scenario and clean up or whatever. Felt like I was was God hated the most.

Maybe if I can remember that, I won't go back

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I went to the site and I found a ton of shocking information and some that made me want to cry. I had also done some amateur inappropriate content anonymously in stills for advertizing and I didn't think it was a problem at the time because you couldn't see my face but some of the stories just broke my heart.

In my personal situation, where I have been dependent on this business for my livelyhood , I found the prosperity prayers especially helpful for me right now. I also like to get out my Bible and look up these passages and read the whole context of what was happening in the entire chapter. SO I want to say thank you for showing me this woman's site. http://www.shelleylubben.com/sites/default/files/Prosperity_0.pdf

May the Lord bless you for the out reach you are performing on this web site. May you continue to touch our women's heart's in a positive meaningful way. Amen

I hope you can start a group for women that can help each other with food, clothing, shelter, and spiritual unity in a circular each one teach one type of way. I will pray for you and your ladies. God is smiling on your internet ministry. I pray you keep doing what you do. I guarentee you have made a difference in many women (and men's) lives. Not to take away from you but I can see it is the Holy Spirit working through you. I see it in your words, they are coming strainght from the Holy Spirit and I pray you never loose that connection with it.

God Bless YOU!

RObert T

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Robert,

I totally get it about not being able to find a good roommate. It's hard.

I also understand about not being able to open up at your church about what you've been through. It's too bad. I view it as a real problem in the church when people can't open up and be welcomed as all have sinned and fall short...

Shelley's site and ministry is for both men and women, it just seems that there are more women willing to open up about it. Johnny Trejo and VJ Soprano (spelling) are just a few of the former male performers that are associated with Pink Cross. I just think that it's really, really difficult for men to be open without being judged.

Thank you for your encouragement Robert...it brought me to tears. I hope you hang around here and get encouragement and share with the men that do stop by.

God bless you and I will keep you in prayer! Just keep us posted as to how you are doing, okay?

Court

Upvote 0