Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

I originally called the Ephesian church age the "Apostolic Church" but after being on CF these many years have come to conclude that it is the Messianic church.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. - 2 Timothy 3:10-12

The persecutions against the first church basically wiped them out! At the close of the Smyrnaen church age all that was left was basically the second church. All who attempt to live godly must needs suffer persecution in this life, and God will bless them in abundance in the life to come.

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Luke 21:24

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. - Romans 11:25

I believe that the Laodicean church age is coming to a close, the fullness of the times of the Gentiles is at hand, and God the Father will once again eye Israel favorably.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. - Matthew 5:18

I say! It is impossible for this world to end until the prophecies of Ezekiel 38-48 to come to pass, which will include....

1. A great war in which world forces will war with Judaism.
2. A great victory which will restore Israel's borders between Egypt and the Euphrates
3. The rebuilding of the temple.

It is in my hopes, though, that once Israel is restored, that the Orthodox Jews in return do not persecute the Messianic Christians for not blending in with the restoration. But what the Jewish people do with the Christian people is irrelevant, the times of the restoration of Israel is at hand. And she will return strong.

Last edited:

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm familiar with this view. I don't buy it.

It is your privilege. And it would be hard put to get people who have studied Revelation together and agree on the same points. Thanks for sharing, and God bless you.

I would think, though, that it would be no harm remaining Catholic and looking into Messianic congregations as well.

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 2:1

I do not see no harm, though, in folks walking as Christ walks, in the midst of the seven candlesticks, which according to Revelation 1:20 are the seven churches. There are Christians who are Word of Faith, for example, who still will look into the activities of the Messianic church, in which they may not be wholeheartedly dedicated to.

If there was a Messianic church in my area I would not mind popping in for visits.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I would think, though, that it would be no harm remaining Catholic and looking into Messianic congregations as well.
Messianic Congregations are a completely different subject than the historical interpretation of Revelation.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Messianic Congregations are a completely different subject than the historical interpretation of Revelation.

Which is why I classify them as a congregation of their own.... The first congregation coming back to life if you will. Different from the Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant, Revived, and Charismatic.... Yet very much Christian.

Upvote 0