Israel will be saved

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"And it sows doubt in believers because they now have to believe that half of scripture is false, and that God slips up."

This is the underlying objective of those who contrive stunted views of the Lord's Word .... whether they know what they are doing .... or not

We are living in a time when men have walked away from sound doctrine and this is the rule rather than the exception today .... so many choices from those who think they know

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"And it sows doubt in believers because they now have to believe that half of scripture is false, and that God slips up."

This is the underlying objective of those who contrive stunted views of the Lord's Word .... whether they know what they are doing .... or not

We are living in a time when men have walked away from sound doctrine and this is the rule rather than the exception today .... so many choices from those who think they know

Because the doublethink and cognitive dissonance I would need to engage in to consider Dispensationalism a reality is "sound doctrine" sounds good to me, where do I hang up my brain?

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the doublethink and cognitive dissonance I would need to engage in to consider Dispensationalism a reality is "sound doctrine" sounds good to me, where do I hang up my brain?

In between sufficient Induction first, and Deduction from its Premise only afterwards.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"where do I hang up my brain?"

Leave it at the door ..... and humbly seek the only Authority on the matter

It is Jesus Christ who can lead you into all truth, but you must ask Him .... and you must serious about your asking

His ways are different than a man's and it is only His guidance that will work for you .... this is not about a man's intellect, but all about He spiritual revealing

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"where do I hang up my brain?"

Leave it at the door ..... and humbly seek the only Authority on the matter

It is Jesus Christ who can lead you into all truth, but you must ask Him .... and you must serious about your asking

His ways are different than a man's and it is only His guidance that will work for you .... this is not about a man's intellect, but all about He spiritual revealing

You act as if the spirit is at odds with the mind, I don't find this in Christ's command to love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not the same thing

..... and the Lord gives many negative evaluations of human depravity

The natural un-regenerated man cannot understand the things of God

Did you know this?
One must experience this transformation before [John 3:1-21]

If not .... the pride of the human intellect is moot

We are well aware of it, since we have a guy here who claims that humans are only made up of a physical body.

How in the world are Christians indwelled with the Holy Spirit, if humans can only be a body made of flesh?

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"You act as if the spirit is at odds with the mind"

Here are some scriptures for you to ponder from the Lord's perspective

What Does the Bible Say About Wicked Heart?

Only the Lord's holy spirit can truly change the thoughts of an un-regenerated man

If not the human spirit, mind, and intellect are at enmity with God

.... and we are just dead people walking around

If you want to rise above the confusion of abounding man made religions it is only the Lord's spirit infused with your own that can bring clarity

.... and He will also convey and reveal truth to you by His holy scriptures .... these things the natural man cannot understand

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not the same thing

..... and the Lord gives many negative evaluations of human depravity

The natural un-regenerated man cannot understand the things of God

Did you know this?

One must experience this transformation before [John 3:1-21]

If not .... the pride of the human intellect is moot

So, I'm unregenerate? You can look into my heart, soul and mind through the internet and come to such a conclusion?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
There are only two who can know what you ask .... and one of these may not really know .... but it is possible

The first is the Lord .... He knows about you and does not need an Internet ....

The second is yourself

No one else can possibly know .... accept by comparing behavior and belief by the Lord's own Word

Even then, it is the Lord who knows your position continuously.... He always has from your beginnings

Is it possible for a man to know his own standing ?.... it is, but only the Lord can reveal it to you .... this is possible

.... and if so, you will know without a doubt .... no question

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are only two who can know what you ask .... and one of these may not really know .... but it is possible

The first is the Lord .... He knows about you and does not need an Internet ....

The second is yourself

No one else can possibly know .... accept by comparing behavior and belief by the Lord's own Word

Even then, it is the Lord who knows your position continuously.... He always has from your beginnings

Is it possible for a man to know his own standing ?.... it is, but only the Lord can reveal it to you .... this is possible

.... and if so, you will know without a doubt .... no question
So are you backing down from your position that Dispensationalism is a mark of a regenerate mind?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Your idea of dispensationalism has no bearing whatsoever on the subject

It is you that has interjected your idea in the discussion

.... and I do not need to back down from the truth to you that I have just conveyed

And I will not .... you can believe what I am telling you .... or not

I am not the one who must deal with your position with the Lord .... you are

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your idea of dispensationalism has no bearing whatsoever on the subject

It is you that has interjected your idea in the discussion

.... and I do not need to back down from the truth to you that I have just conveyed

And I will not .... you can believe what I am telling you .... or not

I am not the one who must deal with your position with the Lord .... you are

You've made Dispensationalism the standard of sound doctrine, that much is clear, I find it to be cognitive dissonance and doublethink and then you get into a discussion about regenerate minds, what am I supposed to think?

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The following is neither Calvinist, nor Arminian...

What Paul is relating in 2 Corinthians is in the same sense of what Peter is relating in 2 Peter 1, as to the origin of the Truths they spoke - not that the natural man cannot not understand said Truths, rather, that said Truths did not originate in man, rather, that they originated in the mind of God.

Paul then relates that the Spirit made known to his spirit, or mind, those Truths that he [Paul] was speaking to the Corinthians.

That he had been given the mind of Christ; the Lord's perspective on things.

In this, Paul is to the Body what Moses is to Israel and the Twelve.

The foundation of both of which is Christ.

Anyway, Paul had already spoken against the means of wisdom by which "the Greeks seek after wisdom," given that that was well known in their day.

In this, Paul's Christ inspired words have had a built in guard against the charge of Gnosticism some now accuse him of as to the Mystery he preached.

Paul also touches on a contrast between the Greek's Mysticism - where one takes one's own "voice" and "sense of" this, that, the other, to be a source of "wisdom" revealing itself to one - he contrasts between that, and how he had come into his knowledge of the Mystery.

Paul is nothing if not consistent in his many distinctions between things that differ from one another given, and in light of this Mystery Truth he'd been set for the preaching and the defense of.

Ironically, the supposed Early Church Fathers and later, the Reformed Tradition, is based on - on Aristotle's manner of reasoning; on his Mysticism; via Origin and Philo et al.

Paul also relates to the Corinthians that he had had to keep things simple with them where sharing this Mystery with them was concerned, due to their natural man focus on things.

That he had only been able to share with them Christ crucified and no more.

That the Mystery he'd wanted to share with them was for those more mature in their understanding.

Anyway, what Paul is asserting is the same principle in Romans 10's how shall they believe without hearing, how shall they they hear without the preaching, show shall the preaching take place without the preacher being sent, and so on. Likewise in 2 Timothy's the things that thou hast heard of me, the same commit to faithful men, who shall be able to teaches others also.

Its not that man is unable to understand the Scripture, rather, that he right off rejects it is foolishness unto him because it is spiritually discerned.

That is a lower case "s" this "spiritually discerned" because it is a reference to the need to get in Scripture so the Spirit can communicate His Truth to your spirit through His Word. The Lord said "the Words I speak, they are spirit, and they are life."

The Word of God has built into It "Life." A man sitting in a hotel by himself with a Gideon Bible opens It, reads It, believes it, and right then and there The Spirit of the Lord through His Word believed in quickens His spirit, as Paul reminds the Thessalonians in 1 Thess. 2.

But the man is lost until then. Its why the Gideons have done such an important work, in this respect.

Anyway, its working is rather simple to understand - its just as my spirit on these things, my mind on them, that the Spirit has communicated unto my spirit through His Word [the Bible] - its the same as my mind on these things is now being communicated to you the reader right now, through my words - from my spirit to your spirit via words.

Hopefully my mind on all this has been renewed by the Spirit through Word, through time with Him in His Word, searching these things out with Him in and through His Word, such that my words are communicating His thoughts on this as communicated to me by His Word.

In this, there is a point where circular reasoning is not a bad thing. It is only is when its basis is off. For when it is sound it is of Him, through Him, and to Him through His Word.

Sort of like how a word like procrastination is not a bad thing if one is on a lose weight diet and "procrastinates" another piece of pie.

All is Dispensational - all is "in its due season" - Eccls. 3:1, Lke 12:42.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"You've made Dispensationalism the standard of sound doctrine, that much is clear, I find it to be cognitive dissonance and doublethink and then you get into a discussion about regenerate minds, what am I supposed to think?

Totally unrelated ..... why not use your brain for the answer to what you should think

.... get it?

Use your brain and return to the subject of this thread .... but first get a make over if you want to add a God related contribution

See .... I can make debate out of your gleanings just like you do .... but neither makes a contribution

A waste of time, do you think?

That's is what most people think .... what say you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"You've made Dispensationalism the standard of sound doctrine, that much is clear, I find it to be cognitive dissonance and doublethink and then you get into a discussion about regenerate minds, what am I supposed to think?

Totally unrelated ..... why not use your brain for the answer to what you should think

.... get it

It won't matter, he's put the cart [Deduction] before the horse [Induction] in his approach.

Its why his view makes sense to him; he's unaware his Conclusion is off because; in the absence of more information [Induction] he has failed to look at, the resulting Premise his Deductions are based on is off.

He is like a man planning a trip to New York to see the Twin Towers and perhaps catch a glimpse of King Kong - all next week sometime - and that, by land, now the weathers better "because the world is flat, ya know."

Brother, the bridge is out - don't cha know?

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It won't matter, he's put the cart [Deduction] before the horse [Induction] in his approach.
Well I could take your approach, where are my scissors I need to cut up my Bible and divide it between Israel and the Church, keep my head on backwards and snip, snip, snip, where's the mid-acts change? I don't know, snip, snip, snip. Why would my position make no sense to the 1st Century Church? I don't know, snip snip snip.

Its why his view makes sense to him; he's unaware his Conclusion is off because; in the absence of more information [Induction] he has failed to look at, the resulting Premise his Deductions are based on is off.
The high and mighty mid-acts dispensationalist thinks that all it takes is more "information" but when I've asked him for more information he doesn't point to anywhere in Acts where there is ample evidence for the change, but to some other addled mid-acts dispensationalist, snip, snip, snip, the opinions of men in Constantinian Christianity devoid of the understanding of the labours of the Church in tribulation, oh how self-centered are these men and so blind to the travails of the Church both outside of their context and from the 1st to the 4th Century.

He is like a man planning a trip to New York to see the Twin Towers and perhaps catch a glimpse of King Kong - all next week sometime - and that, by land, now the weathers better "because the world is flat, ya know."
Yes, I was hoping to have tea with him. Can you tell me what level of doublethink I need to cling to? Do Gentiles in the Church have claim to the Commonwealth of Israel or not?

Brother, the bridge is out - don't cha know?
I burned it down, yes.

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

.... get it?
I did, and the doublethink of Israel and the Church is so abiblical that I'll just discard it, but to you that means I'm not Christian, you are questioning my regenerate state just because I cannot with good conscience and conviction of Scripture be convinced of the idea that there will be a reinstatement of the cultic aspects of Israel in some future millenium.

Use your brain and return to the subject of this thread .... but first get a make over if you want to add a God related contribution
I wasn't aware that I was off topic? It is intellectual suicide for me to take up the idea that this thread is positing, you say that makes me non-Christian.

See .... I can make debate out of your gleanings just like you do .... but neither makes a contribution
Maybe it would be helpful if you gave evidence from Scripture rather than accusing me of heresy and questioning my salvation.

A waste of time, do you think?

That's is what most people think .... what say you?
Dispensationalism is a waste of time, it is doublethink and holds up an idol to interpret the Scripture by, things cannot mean what they clearly do because the idolatrous doublethink that has been subscribed to tells you it can't mean that.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Maybe it would be helpful if you gave evidence from Scripture rather than accusing me of heresy and questioning my salvation."

Oh but I do give scads of scripture on this forum .... and I do not accuse, only trying to get you to think

I have heard your debating story thousands of time .... when someone disagrees with you, you cry persecution .... nothing new .... just an excuse

And your "double think" idea is just as comical .... no one is ever going to believe you .... it is a waste of time

Upvote 0