Dec 29, 2013
✟343,105.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I also think there is one thing that needs to be said because people don't understand it. A ICE administrative warrant actually has no legal value. Immigration officers inherently have the power to detain aliens illegally in the US through legislative action. The administrative warrants don't give them any powers they don't already have, which is part of why they cannot enter private residences.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pretty close - I believe it would be more accurate to say:

If a court of law issued a warrant for your arrest, and you stopped the law enforcement officials from executing that warrant - you would be obstructing.

I agree with that.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And if you prevent them from executing the warrant you can be held for...….

harboring a fugitive

Which by definitions is:

Harboring a fugitive refers to the crime of knowingly hiding a wanted criminal from the authorities. Federal and state laws, which vary by state, govern the crime of harboring a fugitive. Although supplying funds may make one an accessory after the fact, supplying financial assistance to a fugitive does not rise to the level of harboring or concealing. The federal statute, 18 U.S.C. § 1071, requires proof of four elements: (1) proof that a federal warrant had been issued for the fugitive' s arrest, (2) that the accused had knowledge that a warrant had been issued, (3) that the accused actually harbored or concealed the fugitive, and (4) that the accused intended to prevent the fugitive' s discovery or arrest.
In other words -

Obstructing the law enforcement officials from doing their job.
Ok. Anything we didn’t already know?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if the have an arrest warrant - they have a warrant -

if you stop them from executing the arrest warrant - that is obstructing justice.
I heard you say that several times but that is not what was said.

They were told they don't have to open the door to ICE if ICE does NOT have a warrant.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Shouldn't our Legislators promote the rule of law?

After all, they are ones who made the very laws they are telling criminals to avoid.

The rule of law is that the police cannot enter your house without a judicial warrant. Just because too many people don't know that doesn't mean they shouldn't.

Welcome to America -- where educating the people on the rule of law is "obstructing justice."

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Interesting:

So letting MS13 Gang member know that the federal government is actively coming after them is obstruction to the federal government going after them.

But telling the gang member how to avoids arrest is not.
Man, this is the second post I've read in a row which jumps from "these people are a different color than me" to talking about criminals. I wonder where that thought process is coming from?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-immigrants-and-crime/?utm_term=.7affb4f9717e

Upvote 0