Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I think it may be more complicated than that. While true, you cant enter a home without a warrant, but you can detain and arrest someone with probable cause.

An analogy would be, if i observe someone being pulled over by the police and they take off on foot and i tell them where to hide to avoid the police, that may put me in some kind of legal jeopardy. The cop pulling them over liekly didnt have a warrant, but they probably had probable cause.

Pretty close - I believe it would be more accurate to say:

If a court of law issued a warrant for your arrest, and you stopped the law enforcement officials from executing that warrant - you would be obstructing.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
if the have an arrest warrant - they have a warrant -

if you stop them from executing the arrest warrant - that is obstructing justice.
And if they don't, it isn't

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If a law enforcement officer has a warrant for your arrest, or in this case deportation. That was authorized by a court of law - and you tell them to not answer the door - that is obstruction.

Wrong.

ICE issues Administrative warrants to their officers, signed by a senior ICE official, which authorizes them to arrest a suspect for deportation.

But that warrant does not authorize them to enter anyone's home without permission. That requires a Judicial warrant, which, as you can probably guess by the name, is signed by a judge.

See what happens when you don't know your rights?

Might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life - telling people we are enforcing the law is obstructing.

What planet are we on?

A planet where police don't phone the crack house a month in advance to tell them there's going to be a bust.

Surely ICE can be at least as smart as the local P.D.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a law enforcement officer has a warrant for your arrest, or in this case deportation. That was authorized by a court of law - and you tell them to not answer the door - that is obstruction.
Telling people that they don’t have to open the door UNLESS the officer has a warrant is obstruction?
Might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life - telling people we are enforcing the law is obstructing.

What planet are we on?
If I tell my friend he is about to be served with an arrest warrant, that is ok, then. .... or is the President simply not really wanting to arrest very many. After all, a really, really smart genius would make the announcement AFTER the raids. Or maybe he’s trolling the nation.

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it may be more complicated than that. While true, you cant enter a home without a warrant, but you can detain and arrest someone with probable cause.

An analogy would be, if i observe someone being pulled over by the police and they take off on foot and i tell them where to hide to avoid the police, that may put me in some kind of legal jeopardy. The cop pulling them over liekly didnt have a warrant, but they probably had probable cause.

Right, ICE can certainly arrest someone who steps outside...or gives consent for the agent to enter their home.

However, most of the time ICE agents do not have a court issued warrant to enter the house without consent.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
But reality is - they do have the authority of the Courts and are acting in lawful action from a Judges orders.
Not always. Frequently they have only administrative warrants which do not give them the authority to enter a premises without permission.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not always. Frequently they have only administrative warrants which do not give them the authority to enter a premises without permission.
Not even if there are a bunch of Mexicans inside?:swoon:

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not even if there are a bunch of Mexicans inside?:swoon:

Cue "the Constitution only applies to citizens" argument in 5...4...3...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
RE: The deportations raids happening -

The people come to the US, apply for asylum, have the hearing - are adjudicated not eligible, the court them orders them deported -

That's the Law

Nancy Pelosi and others block that lawful order in a number of ways:

- Telling them how to avoid the actions
- Refusing to cooperate with law enforcement

I thought obstruction was illegal?
I believe obtruction was illegal , until Trump did it. And basicly got away with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
ICE issues Administrative warrants to their officers, signed by a senior ICE official, which authorizes them to arrest a suspect for deportation.

And if you prevent them from executing the warrant you can be held for...….

harboring a fugitive

Which by definitions is:

Harboring a fugitive refers to the crime of knowingly hiding a wanted criminal from the authorities. Federal and state laws, which vary by state, govern the crime of harboring a fugitive. Although supplying funds may make one an accessory after the fact, supplying financial assistance to a fugitive does not rise to the level of harboring or concealing. The federal statute, 18 U.S.C. § 1071, requires proof of four elements: (1) proof that a federal warrant had been issued for the fugitive' s arrest, (2) that the accused had knowledge that a warrant had been issued, (3) that the accused actually harbored or concealed the fugitive, and (4) that the accused intended to prevent the fugitive' s discovery or arrest.
In other words -

Obstructing the law enforcement officials from doing their job.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

harboring a fugitive

Which by definitions is:

Harboring a fugitive refers to the crime of knowingly hiding a wanted criminal from the authorities. Federal and state laws, which vary by state, govern the crime of harboring a fugitive. Although supplying funds may make one an accessory after the fact, supplying financial assistance to a fugitive does not rise to the level of harboring or concealing. The federal statute, 18 U.S.C. § 1071, requires proof of four elements: (1) proof that a federal warrant had been issued for the fugitive' s arrest, (2) that the accused had knowledge that a warrant had been issued, (3) that the accused actually harbored or concealed the fugitive, and (4) that the accused intended to prevent the fugitive' s discovery or arrest.
In other words -

So advising a person that it is his constitutional right to refuse entry to a law enforcement official who does not possess a judicial warrant is neither obstruction nor harboring.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,504.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

harboring a fugitive

Which by definitions is:

In other words -

Administrative warrants do not empower ICE Agents to enter private property. They also are not "federal warrants" in the sense of 18 USC 1071 because they are not issues by a judge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
So advising a person that it is his constitutional right to refuse entry to a law enforcement official who does not possess a judicial warrant is neither obstruction nor harboring.

To take the side of the criminal over the ones who are executing the laws you put on the books makes no sense

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Shouldn't our Legislators promote the rule of law?

After all, they are ones who made the very laws they are telling criminals to avoid.
Don't blame the Legislators, blame the Constitution which explicitly spells out the right to refuse entry to a law enforcement official who does not possess a judicial warrant.

Upvote 0

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Don't blame the Legislators, blame the Constitution which explicitly spells out the right to refuse entry to a law enforcement official who does not possess a judicial warrant.

I can affix blame to the people who make the laws, then encourage criminal to avoid the consequences of breaking the laws they made.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

harboring a fugitive

Neither ICE nor any other government agency has the authority to enter your house without a warrant signed by a judge.

If you want to give the police more power over you, be my guest... but the law says what it says, and its meaning and application have been agreed upon by people far more knowledgeable about it than you or I.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If they are criminals, ICE simply needs to get a judicial warrant to enter private property to arrest them then.

But...but... but... illegals!

Upvote 0