Isn't God evil, if He allowed Adam's fall to harm us?

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ok so He didn't need us.

So just for the fun of it - fun that He doesn't need since an infinitely self-sufficient God can create His own fun - He creates a world where potentially 100 billion people wind up in hell.
Only if they choose to.

And if any of US behaved that way, how would feel about it? You'd call us monsters!
Only if there was 100 billion people who could not qualify for heaven due to their own inadequacies. But we know this is not true because Christ died for everyone and salvation is a free gift to those that ask. Every human has the exact same chance. Every human is equal. The salvation of each soul has been paid for.

All you have to do is ask.... Therefore..... no monster.

Again, what is your definition of a Christian?

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read it... it is insignificant to the simple concept of the gospel.
Right. The 'simple' concept of where an infinitely self-sufficient God - who claims to be maximally kind - finds a valid excuse to needlessly create a world where billions go to hell. That's the 'simple' gospel right?

That sure isn't the gospel that I believe in.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Right. The 'simple' concept of where an infinitely self-sufficient God - who claims to be maximally kind - finds a valid excuse to needlessly create a world where billions go to hell. That's the 'simple' gospel right?

You're right. That is not the gospel... so why are you perpetrating it?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Still no comment on what you consider to be a Christian?

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Still no comment on what you consider to be a Christian?
I see, you think that because I claim to have a solution to the problem of evil, I must not be a christian, right? That's your angle? Your reasoning being, 'We Christians already know that we're all stuck with this kind of God so there's no way this guy has a fix"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johan_1988

Jun 17, 2019
Durban
✟30,451.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
He shows the magnitude of His love, to the innocent, by punishing them for Adam's sin? By inflicting upon them a sinful nature excruciatingly painful in its harmful side effects?

Unfortunately human beings in general become complacent and forget about God when things are going well. Pain and suffering brings in a need for God and shows us we cannot make it on our own. God also desires willful obedience. Even the angels were tempted to rebel against God.

The reward of obeying God by accepting his salvation through Jesus Christ is life everlasting. So even in the face of present suffering it has a reward that far outweighs it:

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Sin also causes the grace of God to abound:

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, what is your definition of a Christian?

Again, still no comment on my question about child abuse? I can't imagine that's a challenging question, is it? I mean, you're the one who said the gospel is incredibly simple, right? You said that I'm the one overcomplicating it, needlessly trying to create an issue where none exists. Isn't that what you said?

As for your question, I wasn't going to answer it because I thought we all agreed on it here on CF - didn't see the relevance. As I said, Nicene.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I see, you think that because I claim to have a solution to the problem of evil, I must not be a christian, right? That's your angle? Your reasoning being, 'We Christians already know that we're all stuck with this kind of God so there's no way this guy has a fix"
I have no angle... What is this "solution" to evil that you have and why is it necessary?

There is no need for your solution. Christ has already given us salvation... We come to God through Him..

I really am interested to hear what this "solution" is though and why it is necessary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Again, still no comment on my question about child abuse? I can't imagine that's a challenging question, is it? I mean, you're the one who said the gospel is incredibly simple, right? You said that I'm the one overcomplicating it, needlessly trying to create an issue where none exists. Isn't that what you said?

As for your question, I wasn't going to answer it because I thought we all agreed on it here on CF - didn't see the relevance. As I said, Nicene.
Seriously? I have a life... If I post other things and ignore some question... then you can prod.... but I haven't even been near a computer for hours...

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seriously? I have a life... If I post other things and ignore some question... then you can prod.... but I haven't even been near a computer for hours...
You asked 'Still no comment...?' as if I were taking too long. I was just responding in kind.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no angle... What is this "solution" to evil that you have and why is it necessary?

There is no need for your solution. Christ has already given us salvation... We come to God through Him..

I really am interested to hear what this "solution" is though and why it is necessary.
I asked you a question about child abuse. Until I'm sure you comprehend child abuse, I have no optimism that you'll comprehend my solution - or even why it's needed.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I asked you a question about child abuse. Until I'm sure you comprehend child abuse, I have no optimism that you'll comprehend my solution - or even why it's needed.
Well, you talk about this "child abuse" but I am uncertain that I comprehend who is doing the abusing and what the abuse entails.
If you could kindly detail what you are meaning, it would avoid any confusion in my reply.

Upvote 0