Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
More so, Revelation 12 didn't specify which of the heavens satan fell from.
Revelation 12 does not say which heaven in the text. But it does say 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Keep in mind, that Satan will have only a time, times, half time left after he is cast down to earth. So Revelation 12:7-9 is not referring to ions ago when Satan and the angels who joined him in rebellion were no longer given access to the third heaven to roam freely there as before.

[btw, I think you should read my thread about Satan's destruction, Futurist Only - The abomination of desolation turned to ashes ]

"neither was their place found any more in (the second) heaven." Why so? because the second heaven is going to be pulled aside in the sixth seal event near the end of the seven years and the world will see directly to the third heaven and Jesus before the throne of God.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 17:8 isn't in anyway referring to people who have embraced Jesus. If anything, it clearly says their names are not written in the book of life.
I agree that it is not saved persons, but the unsaved, who shall wonder when seeing the beast in his coming back to life.

But the implication is that anyone whose name is written in the book of life is saved. And those persons will not follow the beast. (really, at the crux of your argument is not over when a person's name is written in the book of life - but when is a person is saved, from having their names erased because of sin. A person is saved when they receive Jesus.)

Revellation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Also, it could be referring to those persons in 2Thessalonians2:10-12 who believe the Antichrist's claim of having achieved God-hood. The big lie. Which God sends strong delusion, by bringing the slain man of sin back to life (Isaiah 14:19-20), as the beast.

What do you think about that, as included to them in Revelation 17:8 as not having their names written in the book of life from the foundation of the world?

2Thessalonians 2: 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

If at same time or different times for all people then I can understand those in Revelation 13:8, they have received the mark of the beast and worshipped it so their names are possibly blotted out at that moment, understandable. (even though that isn't what it seems like but let's go with it for this scenario).

Revelation 3:5 is possibly referring to the same set of people, as Revelation 13:8, possibly, they didn't overcome the beast, understandable.
The messages to the 7 church's are God's instructions on how Christians are supposed to behave until Jesus's coming.

The message to the church of Sardis, considering Revelation 3:3, maybe is to them who do not watch for Jesus's coming, as instructed in Luke 21:34-36 - and end up going through the time of the beast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Regarding Isaiah 66:7-9, it is actually a prophecy made up of several parts. KJV.

"7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child." This part is referring to when Jesus was born into the world. "Unto us a child is born". But different than the normal process of child birth, Zion had not incurred the pain of travailing before child birth - metaphorically in this part of the prophesy. The pain will come when she delivers her other children, the Jews, in the end times.
Similar to Revelation 12:5

Jesus' Birth, Crucifixion, Death, Resurrection and Ascension in Revelation.

Micah 5:2
2 And thou, Beth-Lehem Ephratah, Little to be among the chiefs of Judah!
From thee to Me He cometh forth -- to become Ruler in Israel,
And His goings forth are of old, From days of antiquity/eon.
Isaiah 7:14
“Therefore Yahweh Himself will give thee a sign:
Behold! the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel
Isaiah 9:6
A Child is born to us! A Son is given to us! And He will be our ruler.
He will be called, “Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,”
“Eternal Father,” “Prince of Peace.”
==========================================
Matthew 1:
21 and she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins.’
Luke 2:
7 and she brought forth her Son — the first-born, and wrapped Him up, and laid Him down in the manger, because there was not for them a place in the guest-chamber.

Revelation 12:5
And she brought forth a Son, a male,
Who is about to be shepherding<4165> all the nations in iron rod/staff.
and caught away was her Child unto God and His throne,

John 19:30
So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!"
And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Acts 1:9 And these things having said — they beholding —
He was taken up, and a cloud did receive Him up from their sight;

Revelation 1:18
and the living One! And I became dead and behold! I am living into the ages of the ages.
And I am having the keys of the Hades and of the Death.

Upvote 0