onetruechurch4

Christianity is the only true philosophy.
Jul 8, 2017
New England
✟15,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord. 'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" - Isaiah 55:8-9

In the wake of the Texas church shooting, when someone questions God's providence, what do you answer them with? I personally just quote that passage from Isaiah, but for some it's not satisfactory. Still, I trust in God, and in all his ways. Do you?

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This entire chapter, Isaiah chapter 55, is one of the great jewels of all the Old Testament.

Isaiah 55 ESV

We are all here in these bodies for just a day.

That's what I'd say to them.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord. 'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" - Isaiah 55:8-9

In the wake of the Texas church shooting, when someone questions God's providence, what do you answer them with? I personally just quote that passage from Isaiah, but for some it's not satisfactory. Still, I trust in God, and in all his ways. Do you?
Yes.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This entire chapter, Isaiah chapter 55, is one of the great jewels of all the Old Testament.

Isaiah 55 ESV

We are all here in these bodies for just a day.

That's what I'd say to them.
Profound............

Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟40,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are told not to boast about tomorrow for we know not what a day may bring forth! Today is the day of salvation. The importance of coming to Jesus when one is convicted by the Holy Spirit that they need Him as their Savior. All of mankind starts dying at birth, don't count on tomorrow. And never think that I am not like this person, that person, and I am as good as so and so. Luke 13:1-5 There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”
Today is the day of salvation, harden not your heart as in the days of the wilderness wanderings.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If not for the experiential/existential knowledge of good and evil, how will those who are to become good learn to hate and reject evil, thereby becoming the children of God, Loving Him Who is Love? Whilst despising the liar and murderer who from the beginning causes all suffering and harm? What does Matthew 18:7 mean?

Reactions: iwbswiaihl2
Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟40,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matt 18:7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes! A very telling verse for those walking according to the flesh and the ways of the world. But one hardly ever, if ever, gets the full knowledge and lesson from what this verse reveals. Only after conversion, I believe that is taught in scripture, does one have the true illumination from the Holy Spirit of this wisdom. Pro 8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate. Those in(controlled by) the flesh(carnal nature) cannot please God. Why, they do not have the Holy Spirit in them yet, but abiding in Him we are given wisdom from Him to love what He loves and to hate what He hates, Pro 8:13. This fear is not fright, to be afraid of; but reverential awe of Him, desiring to please Him, therefore wanting to obey Him in all our walk. Which is progressive and comes by growing in His wisdom by studying the word of God, His Spirit guiding and teaching us. These verses in Isa 11 will show what I mean, Isa 11:1-5 There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,And a Branch shall grow out of his roots. 2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord. 3 His delight is in the fear of the Lord, And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, Nor decide by the hearing of His ears; 4 But with righteousness He shall judge the poor,And decide with equity for the meek of the earth; He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth,And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked. 5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins, And faithfulness the belt of His waist. Of course we recognize its about our Lord and how He was always filled with the Holy Spirit, but notice v2 the last part, and of the fear of the Lord. Think back to when you got saved, I can remember the night I asked Him to come into my heart and I also remember from that very night on, even tonight, my hearts desire is to obey Him and not cause shame to His name. Now and for a long time, I know why! Because from the moment I became a new creation Christ I wanted to thanks Him and obey Him because the Holy Spirit put that in my heart to love what He loved and to hate the same evil things that He hates. Every good and perfect thought I know He gives me and if we love Him we show it by obeying Him because He gave us His love, and desires to please Him, we love Him because He first loved us and without Him we can do nothing good.
All because of the fact according to Isa 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. Ps 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.Praise the Lord!

Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I think about someone leaving this world, these verses comfort me:

John 14:
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Luke 23:
39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Yahushua, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Yahushua said unto him,
Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Upvote 0