Isaiah 14:12 Lucifer or morning star?

brandplucked

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2004
✟4,973.00
Faith
Christian
Huge post and lots of thought.

I learned years ago that Lucifer is Adam.
When you compare spiritual things with spiritual things you see that he was in the garden of God. His fall is what weakened the nations. God says to him "thou are a man and not God" the Hebrew word for man is Adam. Lots and lots more I could say, but you have your mind made up and I will never change it and you will consider me foolish as well.

Yep. I agree with the last part.

God bless,

Upvote 0

brandplucked

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2004
✟4,973.00
Faith
Christian
Peter and John happen to casually mention them.

2 Peter 1:19 And we have more firm the prophetic word, to which we do well giving heed, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, till day may dawn, and a morning-star/fwsforoV <5459> may arise--in your hearts;

Revelation 2:28 and I will give to him the morning/prwinon <4407>star/astera <792>

Textus Rec.) Revelation 2:28 kai dwsw autw ton astera ton prwinon

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus, did send my messenger to testify to you these things concerning the assemblies;
I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning/orqrinoV <3720> star/asthr <792>!

Textus Rec.) Revelation 22:16 egw ihsouV epemya ton aggelon mou marturhsai umin tauta epi taiV ekklhsiaiV egw eimi h riza kai to genoV tou dauid
o asthr o lamproV kai orqrinoV

Yes... I am well aware of this. In fact, that is a major part of the reason the KJB and all those other Bibles both in English and foreign languages (as well as the so called Greek Septuagint, allegedly written before the Vulgate) are right. Lucifer is NOT the "morning star" Jesus is!

Of course the N.T. is also in Greek and the Isaiah 14 passage is in Hebrew, so they obviously are not going to be the same word, nor should they be translated the same as many modern versions do. The KJB is right, as always.

God bless,

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes... I am well aware of this. In fact, that is a major part of the reason the KJB and all those other Bibles both in English and foreign languages (as well as the so called Greek Septuagint, allegedly written before the Vulgate) are right. Lucifer is NOT the "morning star" Jesus is!

Of course the N.T. is also in Greek and the Isaiah 14 passage is in Hebrew, so they obviously are not going to be the same word, nor should they be translated the same as many modern versions do. The KJB is right, as always.

God bless,
:)
Did you happen to see this earlier post of mine?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7675954-2/#post61108656
Isaiah 14:12 Lucifer or morning star?

I wouldn't mind discussing it on this thrad :) :angel:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7286527/
Isaiah 14:12 Lucifer translation

Upvote 0

2KnowHim

Dying to Live
Feb 18, 2007
✟9,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huge post and lots of thought.

I learned years ago that Lucifer is Adam.
When you compare spiritual things with spiritual things you see that he was in the garden of God. His fall is what weakened the nations. God says to him "thou are a man and not God" the Hebrew word for man is Adam. Lots and lots more I could say, but you have your mind made up and I will never change it and you will consider me foolish as well.

Amen, me too, ............By one man sin entered and death by sin passed upon all men.

If Lucifer was an Angel instead of man, then, my question would be.....Why the Blood? But when we see it as man/Adam, to show blood in the face....Then things fall into place. The Word of God was made Flesh and dwelt among us, notice ....Flesh.........not Angelic, as far as I know angels don't have blood, do they?

Blessings

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
We have LXX manuscripts that we have reliably dated to before the Advent of Christ, the earliest Latin manuscripts are from the 4th Century AD, also you seem to be making the impression that the Vulgate is a good thing, compared to the LXX which I suppose you think was written by Origen it's probably a diamond even though it is a Catholic Papal document...

God bless,
The LXX actually uses phoros in Is 14:12 and the Apostles would have known this and still used phoros for Christ in Rev, if we let context decide what is being talked about then we say that the King of Babylon/Satan is trying to take the name for himself and Christ is the true phoros, the true morning star.

Last edited:
Upvote 0