Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
First off, I would like to say that I am deeply sorry that my posts are getting weirder and weirder, but I have a little "plan" if you will. Whenever I start to worry about if things are evil or not, I make posts on here about them so I can receive help. So, my problem here is that I was talking to this one user on here about David Bowie, as some of you know I like him, as I was wondering if alter egos were bad. Anyways the person sends me a link to this website talking about how demons use people as vehicles to make ungodly music by alter egos. There was a period in Bowie's life where he was into the occult, that stopped when he got rid of his cocaine addiction, I'm not so sure if "Black Star" counts as occultic, but anyways, his two alter egos mentioned were "The Thin White Duke" and "Ziggy Stardust". Does this mean Ziggy Stardust is a demon? Are the other alter egos demons? What about ANY alter ego? Are they all demons too?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most of all, we need to know however Jesus has an issue with us, ourselves. And Jesus says >

"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." (in Luke 9:23)

My opinion is that my self is my ego. Ego has to go. So, if anyone is restructuring one's own ego and making a major call, even, to get attention to it . . . instead of bringing attention to Jesus > who cares what label you put on it??

Whether it is a demon or not, it can be you are letting demonic beings mess with your attention.

"'You will keep him in perfect peace,
. Whose mind is stayed on You,
. Because he trusts in You.'"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Isaiah 26:3)

So, Jesus is worthy of our attention, all the time.

So, if people are promoting some personality cult thing about themselves . . . this can indeed be anti-Jesus. So, we need also not to be trying to promote our own selves with people, so we can use them for attention and pleasure and money and honey. But be humble, not trying to lord ourselves over others and their attention.

I, of course, can do this, myself . . . trying to promote or wish myself into being some great teacher and counselor that the whole world needs to hear on television. So, stupidity is nothing new. Don't let people make themselves idols of your attention that belongs with Jesus.

Upvote 0

※※♡Rose○Gold○Macaron♡※※

Jesus is sweeter than macarons.
Mar 12, 2020
Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Most of all, we need to know however Jesus has an issue with us, ourselves. And Jesus says >

"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." (in Luke 9:23)

My opinion is that my self is my ego. Ego has to go. So, if anyone is restructuring one's own ego and making a major call, even, to get attention to it . . . instead of bringing attention to Jesus > who cares what label you put on it??

Whether it is a demon or not, it can be you are letting demonic beings mess with your attention.

"'You will keep him in perfect peace,
. Whose mind is stayed on You,
. Because he trusts in You.'"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Isaiah 26:3)

So, Jesus is worthy of our attention, all the time.

So, if people are promoting some personality cult thing about themselves . . . this can indeed be anti-Jesus. So, we need also not to be trying to promote our own selves with people, so we can use them for attention and pleasure and money and honey. But be humble, not trying to lord ourselves over others and their attention.

I, of course, can do this myself . . . trying to promote myself as being some great teacher and counselor that the whole world needs to see on television. So, stupidity is nothing new. Don't let people make themselves idols of your attention that belongs with Jesus.
What I was wondering was if David was influenced by demons in ALL of his music, and if the characters he made (such as Ziggy Stardust) were demonic.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A checklist of who's in and who's out won't help you. If you really want to understand Biblical demonology, seek out a church that has a deliverance ministry (like I told you in the other thread) and learn how to tell who's who (and what you can do about it).

• Agree
Reactions: WDSobieski
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I was wondering was if David was influenced by demons in ALL of his music, and if the characters he made (such as Ziggy Stardust) were demonic.
You have seen and heard his things; and I have offered what might help you to know the answer, yourself.

But I would say it would not be wise for me to give a lot of my time and attention to his things. So, I am offering what can help you yourself to evaluate.

Among other things, how are you effected? How much does he bring your attention to Jesus? How much do you get out of his things, to help you submit to God in His peace and love any and all people like Jesus has us doing? How deeply is his stuff helping you to become a stronger person, so that nasty and negative things can't get the better of you?

Are you investing your attention wisely? You do not have to figure out if it is demonic, simply evaluate if it is doing you good like the Bible says we need, and if God has you doing it.

I think it is wise not to tie up a lot of other people's time and attention with someone or something who for you is questionable. You should be able to make sure about this, yourself, maybe with the help of what I have offered and what others give you.

Upvote 0

※※♡Rose○Gold○Macaron♡※※

Mar 12, 2020
Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You have seen and heard his things; and I have offered what might help you to know the answer, yourself.

But I would say it would not be wise for me to give a lot of my time and attention to his things. So, I am offering what can help you yourself to evaluate.

Among other things, how are you effected? How much does he bring your attention to Jesus? How much do you get out of his things, to help you submit to God in His peace and love any and all people like Jesus has us doing? How deeply is his stuff helping you to become a stronger person, so that nasty and negative things can't get the better of you?

Are you investing your attention wisely? You do not have to figure out if it is demonic, simply evaluate if it is doing you good like the Bible says we need, and if God has you doing it.

I think it is wise not to tie up a lot of other people's time and attention with someone or something who for you is questionable. You should be able to make sure about this, yourself, maybe with the help of what I have offered and what others give you.
Well, I did have sympathy for him sometimes, in the song "Five Years" and his cover of "Imagine" by John Lennon, I'd get moved by those songs and, yes, I did cry out of sympathy for him. There was this one time where, although he was dead, I wanted to marry him and have kids, which, although I don't normally feel that way, (Freddie Mercury is another exception), and marriage is definitely a godly desire, but I am not sure if this situation really counts. Did you say it was wise not to tie up a person's time with David Bowie's alter egos? The website I was on was called "Jesus Truth Deliverance", so what that website said about David Bowie's alter egos being demons isn't true?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
First off, I would like to say that I am deeply sorry that my posts are getting weirder and weirder, but I have a little "plan" if you will. Whenever I start to worry about if things are evil or not, I make posts on here about them so I can receive help. So, my problem here is that I was talking to this one user on here about David Bowie, as some of you know I like him, as I was wondering if alter egos were bad. Anyways the person sends me a link to this website talking about how demons use people as vehicles to make ungodly music by alter egos. There was a period in Bowie's life where he was into the occult, that stopped when he got rid of his cocaine addiction, I'm not so sure if "Black Star" counts as occultic, but anyways, his two alter egos mentioned were "The Thin White Duke" and "Ziggy Stardust". Does this mean Ziggy Stardust is a demon? Are the other alter egos demons? What about ANY alter ego? Are they all demons too?
Satan has to have the cooperation of people in order to get his work done. Some are deceived by the devil, others are willing to go along. Demons are Satan's underlings. They can take people over. It's more common than people imagine.

I will say that it is too easy to get demon conscious. I've learned to avoid stuff that is dubious. For sure that includes David Bowie. It is better to focus on the Lord Jesus. If you let Him, He will lead you to things that help you, strengthen you and enable you to see what is good for you and what is not.

Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Bowie was theatrical and oozing mystique. His alter egos were just characters, much the same as actors in films. IMO. And as with any popular artist, he has been idolized which is obviously wrong but to simply enjoy the music and his lilting voice is okay I would think. The thing with basically any "secular" music comes down to personal choice and more importantly, what you feel God is saying to you personally about it. You can dig up dirt about the personal lives of singers, whether it bothers you or not is....??? Some enjoy a mix of secular and Christian, some will only listen to Christian artists and some only to worship music. Don't worry about demonic influence in music from an anxious/earthly perspective because the Holy Spirit will tell you if you shouldn't go there.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
marriage is definitely a godly desire, but I am not sure if this situation really counts.
Well, God wants us to marry someone who is God's way, if He has us marry.

There are ways we can be charmed into marrying the wrong person.

And music which is considered to be Christian can, in my opinion, not be really God's. This can be a way of charming, too.

The music which I think God would really love would be in your heart > the melody of your love with God.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
his two alter egos mentioned were "The Thin White Duke" and "Ziggy Stardust".

Both were personas Bowie used to depict himself as an incarnation of Aleister Crowley.

Too much occultism to explain, but the following video might help a little (see 7:22 - 9:26):

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

※※♡Rose○Gold○Macaron♡※※

Mar 12, 2020
Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Bowie was theatrical and oozing mystique. His alter egos were just characters, much the same as actors in films. IMO. And as with any popular artist, he has been idolized which is obviously wrong but to simply enjoy the music and his lilting voice is okay I would think. The thing with basically any "secular" music comes down to personal choice and more importantly, what you feel God is saying to you personally about it. You can dig up dirt about the personal lives of singers, whether it bothers you or not is....??? Some enjoy a mix of secular and Christian, some will only listen to Christian artists and some only to worship music. Don't worry about demonic influence in music from an anxious/earthly perspective because the Holy Spirit will tell you if you shouldn't go there.
I guess it really depends on the stewardship. That site did mention some people having a bad side to them, so they created characters based off of their bad side, and if they glorified their bad side, then yeah demons may be using them. In Bowie's case, I'm not too sure about all of his characters, but for Ziggy, David was inspired by various musicians to be... theatrical I guess. Ziggy was created because Bowie wanted to be unique and different to surprise people, which isn't wrong. But some of his characters just seem like knock offs of Ziggy, I mean we have Aladdin Sane and Halloween Jack, and recycling characters isn't really... smart in terms of creating a character, but again, although knock offs seem cheap, it's okay I guess. Lol.

Upvote 0

※※♡Rose○Gold○Macaron♡※※

Mar 12, 2020
Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Both were personas Bowie used to depict himself as an incarnation of Aleister Crowley.

Too much occultism to explain, but the following video might help a little (see 7:22 - 9:26):

Oh yeah. The Thin White Duke was actually based off of a poem Aleister Crowley made.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I

This

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan has to have the cooperation of people in order to get his work done. Some are deceived by the devil, others are willing to go along. Demons are Satan's underlings. They can take people over. It's more common than people imagine.

I will say that it is too easy to get demon conscious. I've learned to avoid stuff that is dubious. For sure that includes David Bowie. It is better to focus on the Lord Jesus. If you let Him, He will lead you to things that help you, strengthen you and enable you to see what is good for you and what is not.
I

I have found that to be true. The shepherd does indeed lead us to safe pastures

Upvote 0

WDSobieski

Remember you're still loved!
Mar 25, 2020
Hessen
✟26,485.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Please don't only get spiritual resources from clickbaity sites or Youtubers, there's just too much disinformation and fear. if I were you I'd find a Christian friend to talk to, or seek advices from authoritative figures such as pastors and ministers, as well as people with formal theological training or at least sufficient knowledge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums