timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I still vote for population reduction through tight regulations on birth control.

Reduce population, you not only solve food shortage problems but also issues with crime, quality of living, and even poverty. Countries with the highest satisfaction index tends to be low population density countries.

• Agree
Reactions: Pappy&Me
Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's really fascinating and sounds like there are some great ideas being put to use there — well, they don't say how much electricity is used to power the lighting, climate control, water sprays etc. for the vertical farm, but perhaps that's offset by the savings in land use, water use, zero pesticides etc. It would be very interesting to know more and this does sound like a way of growing certain types of food in a more environmentally sound way. I only hope the aeroponic greens taste as good as soil-grown ones! :p

Upvote 0

Pappy&Me

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Jax.Fl.
✟30,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I still vote for population reduction through tight regulations on birth control.

Reduce population, you not only solve food shortage problems but also issues with crime, quality of living, and even poverty. Countries with the highest satisfaction index tends to be low population density countries.

Bible says if a man does not work he should not eat from another mans labors. So I agree that too many men leave their kids and too many women have kids they can't care for. Charity is a good thing but this is not charity to take from one to give to another who is not helping themselves. imo.
Welfare has done more harm than good for many.
You can't fix other peoples problems. This is why God seperated the nations. Teach them to fish rather than fish for them.

Upvote 0

Pappy&Me

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Jax.Fl.
✟30,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's really fascinating and sounds like there are some great ideas being put to use there — well, they don't say how much electricity is used to power the lighting, climate control, water sprays etc. for the vertical farm, but perhaps that's offset by the savings in land use, water use, zero pesticides etc. It would be very interesting to know more and this does sound like a way of growing certain types of food in a more environmentally sound way. I only hope the aeroponic greens taste as good as soil-grown ones! :p

I grow with both soil and water and the taste is the same. Farmers have been using synthetic fertilizers for a 100 yr.s. Just be sure the chemical compound is safe. Especially the copper used. Our food has taste unlike the store bought stuff we taste. I had forgotten what food really taste like till we grew our own.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Reduce population, you not only solve food shortage problems but also issues with crime, quality of living, and even poverty.
You also crash the economy.

You would have to get rid of capitalism first. It relies on growth.
Countries with the highest satisfaction index tends to be low population density countries.
Sure, but low population density is not the same as failing to meet the replacement rate.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You also crash the economy.

You would have to get rid of capitalism first. It relies on growth.

I agree.

Low population countries might switch to Universal Basic Income - based Free Market (Capitalist) economy.

Basic Income guarantees income to everyone. It turns the poor into consumers and that would offset the losses in economy due to reduced population.

The world cannot have the Basic Income income yet however. At our present population, if all the poor in the world became average consumers, we will have serious shortage in resources. Obviously, you see a huge flaw in how we do things in our world today. It actually needs the poor to remain poor and exploited as cheap labor. Not many are aware of this or would wish to know, ignorance is bliss.

Population reduction + UBI-based economy. It could actually get rid of all poverty and raise the standard of living for everyone.

It's possible to get rid of Capitalist economy altogether. However I doubt the baseless paranoia of decades of brainwashing of many people into destructive consumerist lifestyles would make it possible.

Sure, but low population density is not the same as failing to meet the replacement rate.

Once a stable population is reached, sustainable birth rates will be resumed. I estimate a stable population that is less than 100 million people globally, taking advanced technology/automation in consideration. Even 10 million is sustainable and would enable upper middle class living standards for everyone.

It is attainable in the next 100 years if we begin now.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Bible says if a man does not work he should not eat from another mans labors. So I agree that too many men leave their kids and too many women have kids they can't care for. Charity is a good thing but this is not charity to take from one to give to another who is not helping themselves. imo.
Welfare has done more harm than good for many.
You can't fix other peoples problems. This is why God seperated the nations. Teach them to fish rather than fish for them.

Actually, a significant % of gross national revenue is made from exploiting cheap labor.

People at the bottom does most of the work for the least income while people on top does the least work for most of the income....

If you do the math on that one, even some people on payroll (working people) are actually gaining from another man's labor.

Jesus spoke on this in Matthew 24 and will have a surprise waiting for those who profited from another man's labor.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What a scam. You people must have never seen a real farm. This scam will never feed an entire city.

Secondly, it goes against the bible.

The edge of the fields is supposed to be for poor people.

Ruth 2:3:
And she went, and came, and gleaned in the field after the reapers: and her hap was to light on a part of the field belonging unto Boaz, who was of the kindred of Elimelech.

Farming (the biblical way) is also good for the soil and ecosystem.

Exodus 23:11:
But the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still; that the poor of thy people may eat: and what they leave the beasts of the field shall eat. In like manner thou shalt deal with thy vineyard, and with thy oliveyard.

God is infinitely smarter than us. This is his creation. How about we listen to him instead of these Ivy league "never held a real job" professors?

Stop trying to make Soylent green.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What a scam. You people must have never seen a real farm. This scam will never feed an entire city.
It's not a competition. The fact is that this is a great supplementary source of affordable and accessible nutrition for urban food deserts, and the need for it will continue to grow. My city has a similar project.

Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not a competition. The fact is that this is a great supplementary source of affordable and accessible nutrition for urban food deserts.

Supplementary? Who asked for it? Is there a problem with normal biblical farms???? Farming the land is better for the ecosystem, soil, and more nutritious. Nobody asked for these type of farms.

These scams are to advanced the global agenda and get people disconnected from the land and reality. Let the "companies" manage the food supply, soylent green.

Upvote 0