• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is transsexualism wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrystle

Jun 23, 2005
✟154.00
Faith
Christian
Okay umm, sorta just found the forums cause I needed to ask someone about this issue, cept I didnt ask my pastor out of fear that I'd be chased out of the church. I'm baptized as a Catholic at birth, though I've went to a Christian church every Sunday for my entire life. Haven't really got to know God, although I truly believe that He's there.

Well umm, I'm a transsexual, (male who wants to become a female) haven't started on the transition process yet though. And umm, I just want your to help me out, cause I want to know whether its okay or not to go ahead and get your sex changed, or not. Cause thats what I really, truly want, but if God says no then its no. It will hurt alot but, thats just the way it is. And I just want you guys to know, its really really not my fault that I'm like this. I'm just born like this.

Problem is that, if I have to remain being a male, I really have no idea what to do for that rest of my life, simple cause I'm really messed up, and, I'm just so lost!

So umm, please help me out guys...my christian friends only know that much, and can't really help me out much. And I don't dare ask the adults either.

KTskater

Dec 2, 2004
✟21,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whew...well. First of all, God created you to be man. Otherwise..well you would have been a woman. So God has something for you to do in life as a man.
And what happens if you change that? You throw that gift and chance away. It's an incredibly drastic thing.
People will say "God created me this way" or "It's just the way I am". You we're originally created in the image of God, does trassexuality, homosexuality, alchohalism etc. look like the image of God? No.
Now also take into context that that everyone is born with sinful nature as a result of Adam and Eve's disobedience
in the beginning. So everyone is going to overcome some type of sin in their life. Weather it be drugs, gossip, something sexual...whatever. Everyone has to overcome it. The way to do that in through the Holy Spirt. I gather from this that you are already a Christian. Next you must grow close to God through prayer, worship and reading the Word.
Paul condemns any sexual impurity. The only acceptable sexual relation is between one man and one woman in marriage.

Also the thing that many people miss is that all things (anything and everything) are possible through Christ. People can be cured of uncureabe diseases, brought back from the dead, walk on water... compaired to those things low selfesteem or confusion should be a peice of cake.
God can show you how to be a man. He'll show you through scripture and the Holy Spirt who he wants you to be. He'll transform you. It's a little difficult for me to understand what you are feeling. I've struggled with my sexuality and still do in many different ways.
I know it seems impossible to love yourself as a man right now, but God loves you. And he always will.
hmm...I'm not sure if I've helped or not. It's just a little hard for me to swallow. I'll pray for you though, pray for peace and happiness with yourself.

God bless, and don't give up.

Upvote 0

invisible trousers

~*this post promotes non-nicene christianity*~
Apr 22, 2005
✟20,718.00
Faith
Non-Denom
hmm, no. i don't think telling people in your church is a good idea because most christians think transgendered/etc are gross icky wrong and go to hell.

you'll have better luck by going to people who actually know what they're talking about; gender therapists, support groups and the like.

Upvote 0

oat02351

Senior Veteran
Oct 3, 2004
Massachusetts
✟7,652.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
chrystle said:
Okay umm, sorta just found the forums cause I needed to ask someone about this issue, cept I didnt ask my pastor out of fear that I'd be chased out of the church. I'm baptized as a Catholic at birth, though I've went to a Christian church every Sunday for my entire life. Haven't really got to know God, although I truly believe that He's there.

Well umm, I'm a transsexual, (male who wants to become a female) haven't started on the transition process yet though. And umm, I just want your to help me out, cause I want to know whether its okay or not to go ahead and get your sex changed, or not. Cause thats what I really, truly want, but if God says no then its no. It will hurt alot but, thats just the way it is. And I just want you guys to know, its really really not my fault that I'm like this. I'm just born like this.

Problem is that, if I have to remain being a male, I really have no idea what to do for that rest of my life, simple cause I'm really messed up, and, I'm just so lost!

So umm, please help me out guys...my christian friends only know that much, and can't really help me out much. And I don't dare ask the adults either.

Do you dress like a woman? I can't say you should go for the change thing #2 it would probably cost a fortune #1 I really don't think the Man Upstairs would be overly thrilled. I suppose you can dress however you want though. I don't know, see if that works

Upvote 0

kingzjewel

coheir to the kingdom ... purchased by God
Jun 25, 2003
south jersey
✟15,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
i have personally spoken with someone who was in your situation. they had gone further and had some augmentation done, but not the full monty so to speak. they became born again and then had to figure out how to undo what they did to themselves. they realized that God was changing them from the inside and they needed to fix what they did to the outside. all i can say is that i know that God planned your gender long before you were born, and that you really need to go to God in prayer and fasting to have Him show you what He would have you do. all we can do is give you our opinions.

there are a few scriptures that come to mind, which are probably very familiar with:

[BIBLE]Psalm 139:14 NIV
indent.gif
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
[/BIBLE]
[BIBLE]Jeremiah 1:5 NIV
indent.gif
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew [ Or chose ] you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." [/BIBLE]

there may even be medical help for you so that you can better balance the hormones that make you think you need to change your sex. unlike many people who would like to lump you in with the LGB's, i understand that you actually do have a reason to be the way you are because you actually were born this way. i didnt say that for people to flame me, but because there is a distinct difference between believing you are LGB and having TG issues.

http://www.ifge.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8

http://d.webring.com/hub?ring=tgchristians

Praying 4 u.

Upvote 0
T

The_Whale

Hey, um, I am glad that this thread was started cause I am struggling with this too. Only I am a 17 year old girl. I feel like I should be a guy. But that is not something that I am going to go after, I mean I am not going to have a sex change or anything like that because I believe that God does not want me to do that. But it is still difficult for me. Like I used to think that I was just plain homosexual. Like I have been friend with this girl for 7 years. I have been in love with her for a long time. When I am with her though, I don't feel like a girl, I feel like a guy. Like she is a christian too but she struggles with sexual issues as well. But it is hard cause I look at myself as a guy and like she is my girlfriend. I can't talk about it at church because our pastor has some serious issues. Like there are a lot of people mad at him at our church. My youth pastor has a lot going on too but he is a good guy. I just don't want to add more problems to what is already going on at church. Actually I am going to be trying to find a new church here soon. Anyway, what I want to know is, if there are like books or bible studies that I could find on this anywhere. I am in therepy right now, but everything is a process. I haven't told my therepist yet how I feel. I am kinda scared, but I really want to. Anything will be appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0

feline

May 25, 2005
✟556.00
Faith
Non-Denom
chrystle said:

Is transexualism "wrong"? I don't think anyone can tell you that it is right or wrong for you. It is what it is. If you are feeling these feelings, they are valid. I would suggest, before doing anything drastic, talking to a therapist or doctor who specializes in treating folks with gender identity issues. Sexual Reassingment surgery is a long, involved, committed, and painful process. Get some support. Ignore negative comments directed at you. Look for a church in your area that welcomes everyone, including transgendered persons.

Upvote 0

chrystle

Jun 23, 2005
✟154.00
Faith
Christian
Its not really the process that I'm struggling with, at least not why I came here for.

What I truly want to know is whether He will accept me even after I have my sex changed. Cause umm, this is what I truly want but, is it better to suffer 80 years or suffer for eternity?

I don't really want to have my mind "corrected", what I want to do is to be able to praise him, with me as a woman. Its not as if its that, its either transsexualism or God. I sort of want both. I'm not going to become any less "holy" if I go ahead with it. If anything, at the end of the process, I would only love and praise him even more, if it goes well. Apart from that, its not really mentioned in the Bible that its wrong either, simply because it's not mentioned. But I'm not gay, I'd be just like any other female. God created me like this, there was obviously a reason.

I'm not really very happy about the idea of having my thinking "corrected" though. Truth is, after the first few replies, and for a short point in time I actually thought I had no hope left of becoming who I desired to be. And I just ran straight to my room and cried my heart out, and the thought of living my entire life as a guy made it worst. I really could not imagine my life as a guy. Already these 15 years I lived has put me through enough misery.

What I truly want to find out is, whether God accepts transsexuals or not. But I don't really think many of your would actually know the real answer or not...I guess its better for me to post this on a forum for transsexuals, and ask them or not if they know for sure if God accepts them or not.

*sigh* would be a great help if your could find out from real transsexuals and could give me an answer your postive about. I don't want an argument starting for simply what Christian's "believe" in.

- Chrystle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

feline

May 25, 2005
✟556.00
Faith
Non-Denom
chrystle said:
Its not really the process that I'm struggling with, at least not why I came here for.

What I truly want to know is whether He will accept me even after I have my sex changed. Cause umm, this is what I truly want but, is it better to suffer 80 years or suffer for eternity?

I don't really want to have my mind "corrected", what I want to do is to be able to praise him, with me as a woman. Its not as if its that, its either transsexualism or God. I sort of want both. I'm not going to become any less "holy" if I go ahead with it. If anything, at the end of the process, I would only love and praise him even more, if it goes well. Apart from that, its not really mentioned in the Bible that its wrong either, simply because it's not mentioned. But I'm not gay, I'd be just like any other female. God created me like this, there was obviously a reason.

I'm not really very happy about the idea of having my thinking "corrected" though. Truth is, after the first few replies, and for a short point in time I actually thought I had no hope left of becoming who I desired to be. And I just ran straight to my room and cried my heart out, and the thought of living my entire life as a guy made it worst. I really could not imagine my life as a guy. Already these 15 years I lived has put me through enough misery.

What I truly want to find out is, whether God accepts transsexuals or not. But I don't really think many of your would actually know the real answer or not...I guess its better for me to post this on a forum for transsexuals, and ask them or not if they know for sure if God accepts them or not.

*sigh* would be a great help if your could find out from real transsexuals and could give me an answer your postive about. I don't want an argument starting for simply what Christian's "believe" in.

- Chrystle
I don't think that you need your thinking "corrected", what I can tell you is that with those kinds of inner conflicts and ambivalence , you most likely would not even be approved by a psychiatrist for sexual reassingment, not to mention your age. Instead of looking for another transexual person on the internet to tell you "It's OK", you need to get some support, not to change you or change your thinking, but to explore why you feel this way and how it will relate with your spritual beliefs. It sounds like you are really struggling and you need more than some random transexual person to approve your choice.
In my opinion, being a transexual is not a sin, nor is getting sexual reassignment surgery. But it doesn't matter what I think. This ultimately will be a decision you have to make after much soul searching, praying, and hopefully therapy. I hope you will find someone supportive to talk to. Being in your situation is not an easy one. good luck.

Upvote 0

Cristiano

Apr 2, 2005
US
✟7,845.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
chrystle said:

- Chrystle
I dont' struggle with this, but I do struggle with same sex attraction. I have often wondered where we draw the line on homosexuality. For example, what happens to a hermaphrodite if the parents chose one sex and the baby was mentally wired as the other? I think the bottom line is God loves us no matter what, but loves us as we are. He doesn't want us to try to satisfy our worldly desires. Our identities are tough... he wants us to see ourselves through his eyes. He loves us as we are. The Bible says we are but a vapor, but He is eternal. That's what we will be when we get to heaven. Focus on your relationship with God and bringing him glory. He will love you either way, as long as you live for him. Just make sure you know what God wants before you do anything! And don't worry, this world will all pass away, and we will be in heaven in a new body someday!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.