Is This What "Christianity" Has Come To?

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It would appear that wealth is the main goal of todays "christian" ministers, and their followers could care less. This is just the latest of a series of "ministers" conning their congregations out of millions:

Televangelist says God told him he needs 4th private plane

"Duplantis said God told him he needed the plane "in one of the 'greatest statements the Lord ever told me.'"

"He said, 'Jesse, you wanna come up where I'm at?'" according to Duplantis.

"And I said, 'What do you mean?'"

"He said, 'I want you to believe in me for a Falcon 7-X."

"So, I said, 'OK.' But the first thing I thought of: 'Well, how am I going to pay for it?'"

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It would appear that wealth is the main goal of todays "christian" ministers, and their followers could care less. This is just the latest of a series of "ministers" conning their congregations out of millions:

"Duplantis said God told him he needed the plane "in one of the 'greatest statements the Lord ever told me.'"

"So, I said, 'OK.' But the first thing I thought of: 'Well, how am I going to pay for it?'"

I would not be to concerned, it doesn't appear as though the very elect are being deceived.

You are not to pull up the tares because the wheat will be pulled up also, let them be until the harvest, when the wheat will be put into the barn and the tares will be burned.

• Agree
Reactions: stevenfrancis
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, God and I had our own talk, and turns out God's never spoken to Jesse Duplantis.

I said, "Lord, what about this Jesse Duplantis guy?"

And the Lord said back, "Jesse who?"

And so I said, "Mind if I tell Christian Forums about our talk?"

And God said, "It coo."

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's one oooooold plane collector. Maybe Jesse could get a loan from his buddy Ken, it's not like either will live long enough to have to worry about paying it back...oh wait you mean either of them would need a loan? Pretty sure Ken could buy a whole fleet of them at $54 mil a pop, he's in the "billion flow" ya know?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I find it weird how specific "God" was. Hopefully everyone his message is directed at will notice.
Hopefully, anyone who listens to his message doesn't believe this represents Christianity as a whole and become atheist.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully, anyone who listens to his message doesn't believe this represents Christianity as a whole and become atheist.

Hold on, your tag says "Christian" and you want people to become atheists? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hold on, your tag says "Christian" and you want people to become atheists? :scratch:
I think you misunderstood my statement. I said that I hope people don't leave Christianity with the excuse that this Pastor represents the Gospel as a whole.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The more things change, the more they stay the same. IIRC, the questionable money-raising practices of the Catholic Church (selling indulgences especially) was a major reason for the Protestant Reformation. And also that much of that money was being spent on lavish cathedrals and supporting the extravagant lifestyles of the Renaissance popes and cardinals. But at least some timeless masterpieces of art came out of it.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

If he was the only one it probably would not matter. Seems like he is just one of many, and one of the most popular.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I would not be to concerned, it doesn't appear as though the very elect are being deceived.

You are not to pull up the tares because the wheat will be pulled up also, let them be until the harvest, when the wheat will be put into the barn and the tares will be burned.

And how many will be deceived that might have been saved following that philosophy rather then exposing false teachers, and prophets, as God also commands?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

If you believe this strange religion is the faith of the Word of God, then that is the biggest problem. He had the audacity to say Christ wouldn't be on a donkey; he would be travelling private jet.

God was not playing when He said He would give people over to a strong delusion so that they believe a lie. This is part of it. Pray for those who fund his Gulfstream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Reminds me of an old Red Sovine song, "If Jesus Came To Your House"

(What would you do what would you do if Jesus came to spend some time with you)
If Jesus came to your house to spend a day or two
If he came unexpectedly I wonder what you'd do
When you saw him comin' would you meet him at the door
With arms outstretched and welcome to your heavenly visitor
Or would you need to change some things before you let him in
Like burn some magazines and put the Bible where they'd been
Oh I know that you'd give your nicest room to such an honered guest
And all the food you would serve to him would be the very best
And you'd keep assuring him that you were glad to have him there
That serving him in your home was a joy beyond compare
But what about your family conversation would it keep up its normal pace
And would you find it hard each meal to say a table grace
Would you be glad to have him stay forever on and on
Or would you sigh of great relief when finally he had gone
You know it might be interesting to know the things you'd do
If Jesus came in person to spend some time with you
(What would you do what would you do if Jesus came to spend some time with you)

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If he was the only one it probably would not matter. Seems like he is just one of many, and one of the most popular.
It's all part of what they teach. They can't be seen as moderately prosperous or their whole teaching on tithing, alms, first-fruit, etc. wouldn't hold water.

"God is blessing me because I have followed the OT system of giving and if you do the same God will bless you too, just look at me."

Copeland has taught it for years and years, just like that.
Some throw in the cursing part and threaten that God will curse you if you don't comply and take away what you do have, 'no rain'.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It's all part of what they teach. They can't be seen as moderately prosperous or their whole teaching on tithing, alms, first-fruit, etc. wouldn't hold water.

"God is blessing me because I have followed the OT system of giving and if you do the same God will bless you too, just look at me."

Copeland has taught it for years and years, just like that.
Some throw in the cursing part and threaten that God will curse you if you don't comply and take away what you do have, 'no rain'.

IMO the biggest problem is that we have so many in need, and yet so few have all of the wealth. And people that call themselves "christian" do nothing about it.

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMO the biggest problem is that we have so many in need, and yet so few have all of the wealth. And people that call themselves "christian" do nothing about it.
We shouldn't overstate that problem as many Christians and Christian organizations do help the poor.
Even ministries like Copeland's spend millions helping the poor, but they are in a position to do so much more and don't.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

I also find the inactivity of some believers problematic.

Upvote 0