New Jerusalem (destination)
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
You’ll find that the more you listen to that still, small, voice, the better you get at it.

Scripture can’t tell you to turn left instead of right, then to pull into a Walmart parking lot and help someone in dire need that you are directed to look for, but the Holy Spirit can.

Shalom.
As written "test the spirits" . The enemy talks more often to people, and they listen, than God does.
Many even believe it is 'God' talking to them, and surprisingly as if 'God' approves of them !
These are those who believe all their life they have been serving God, only to find out on Judgment Day otherwise - all along they were tricked, deceived, (self-deceived?) , as the enemy had free reign in their minds , and they went along willingly.... to destruction... ("There is a way that seems right.... and it leads to destruction") .....

Upvote 0

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Satan will do all three of those things ^ The first words he spoke to mankind was "Did God really say"? So any scripture twisting comes from the accuser.
And those who are deceived by the enemy of Christ, right ? i.e. the Scribes, Pharisees, Religious Leaders are directly noted as twisting Scripture all the time, for 2000 years, directly identified by Jesus Himself (and His Warning "Beware the leaven of the religious leaders" - a stern warning, one of His most serious warnings, to His Own Disciples and those who become His Disciples after them) ....

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As written "test the spirits" . The enemy talks more often to people, and they listen, than God does.
Many even believe it is 'God' talking to them, and surprisingly as if 'God' approves of them !
These are those who believe all their life they have been serving God, only to find out on Judgment Day otherwise - all along they were tricked, deceived, (self-deceived?) , as the enemy had free reign in their minds , and they went along willingly.... to destruction... ("There is a way that seems right.... and it leads to destruction") .....

That’s not even close to biblical truth.

Jesus said my sheep hear my voice.

If you never hear His voice, you need to do as Paul said - examine yourself, to see if you’re in the faith.

And Jesus isn’t talking about the scripture when He says hear His voice, because there are plenty of times He talked about studying the scriptures, and didn’t use the analogy of calling the written word a voice.

Upvote 0

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

If you never hear His voice, you need to do as Paul said - examine yourself, to see if you’re in the faith.

And Jesus isn’t talking about the scripture when He says hear His voice, because there are plenty of times He talked about studying the scriptures, and didn’t use the analogy of calling the written word a voice.
Nothing in my post contradicts Scripture at all, and nothing that you posted here contradicts anything in my post - what is it you think is an error (what is mis-understood) ?

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't believetge Bible gives us evidenceof the Holy Spirit speaking to individual believers in a literal voice. Rather, the general pattern in the Bible is that as we read Scriptureand pray, the Holy Spirit illuminates God's Word to us.

Read posts #19 and #11.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He was present in the body whenever he spoke. And the Holy Spirit recorded his words as scripture for when he ascended. It's dangerous to call voices in a person's head anything other than insanity.

Upvote 0

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
He was present in the body whenever he spoke. And the Holy Spirit recorded his words as scripture for when he ascended. It's dangerous to call voices in a person's head anything other than insanity.
Correct. Surprised? Apparently some are surprised. Yet remembering who deceives the whole world (according to God, according to Scripture, as written, as God Reveals) ...
The 'voices' in the world population are mostly , as God Says in the Bible, the enemy of Christ.
This includes, obviously?, as written, the spirits of the enemy talking to people, deceiving them daily, everywhere with "few" exceptions, as the Bible indicates.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that the Holy Spirit can speak into our spirits, and recently I have been hearing "voices" inside of me that seem very kind. Like, it tells me to stop and talk to someone, to share the Gospel, or to do something (not evil). I was wondering if the Holy Spirit talks to us in our spirit, and if other people experience things like this.

For example, today, I was walking back to my car, and there was a lady in the car next to me, and she had her windows rolled down. I felt something in my spirit say "Talk to her. Tell her the Gospel." Is this the Holy Spirit?

He is Holy Spirit. If you hear any voice which is in accordance with bible, then it’s coming from Holy Spirit. If you hear any voice which is contradicting the Bible, then it’s coming for satanic spirit.

Reactions: marliebe
Upvote 0

marliebe

Nov 20, 2020
Virginia
✟16,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

marliebe

Nov 20, 2020
Virginia
✟16,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
A couple of illustrative testimonies that may be relevant for the thread:

1) A testimony that the Holy Spirit can speak audibly today:

My testimony of Jesus Christ changing my life from routine christian to true follower of Christ

6 years after giving my life to Jesus update

2) A testimony that demons can also speak audibly today:

NEW AGE IS A LIE : TESTIMONY

DELIVERANCE FROM KUNDALINI AWAKENING : TESTIMONY

The second testimony is very powerful by the way. A must watch.

Thank you so much!!! I will take a look at these!! You are very helpful! Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marliebe

Nov 20, 2020
Virginia
✟16,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where is it in the NEWS? Anyone can write this type of stuff. But no evidence exists for it since the 2nd century. Go raise some Covid19 victims from the dead and verify what you say.
Friend! I used to think this way too. These gifts still happen! I go to the largest Christian university in the world (Liberty University), and thousands of Christians are here, all in once place. There are Christians from all walks of life, all ages, all life situations, countries, economic status, races, etc. It is so beautiful. One of our Bible professors comes from another country (for his safety, I will not say where). He works also as a missionary and he said he didn't believe in healings until he started doing mission work. One day in a closed country (I will also not specify this for safety), he was with a tribe, and a man had a tumor. They had no doctor, so they prayed, and before their eyes, the tumor fell off! And there have been other miracles as well. I have things I have seen and witnessed as well--and they surprised me. This is why I now believe in more in the supernatural power of God, in the voice of the Holy Spirit, and the spiritual gifts. I used to not believe this, but as I trust the Lord and witness His working power, I learn more as times goes on. I am not saying that the Lord will always heal everyone--no. He doesn't promise to heal everyone, as Jesus didn't heal everyone who came to Him when He was in His ministry. In fact, there was a time where he was in Galilee, and the disciples wanted Him to heal more people, but He said "we must go!" But there were more people who wanted to get healed! (Mark 1:35-39). Jesus knows what the best will is, and His will is always good. He will not heal everyone in an earthly way, but sometimes He does. Whenever He does, it is for His glory.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Wow, what an indictment of either your belief system, or the god you worship!
One thing for sure, according to your description Satan is obviously far more able than the God of scripture.

Upvote 0

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, what an indictment of either your belief system, or the god you worship!
One thing for sure, according to your description Satan is obviously far more able than the God of scripture.
My "belief" is in Scripture. (God's Word. The Creator's Word) .
Scripture says most people never repent.
Thus, who are they listening to ?

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing in my post contradicts Scripture at all, and nothing that you posted here contradicts anything in my post - what is it you think is an error (what is mis-understood) ?

1. The Holy Spirit speaks over and over again in scripture.

2. Paul told believers in the book of Hebrews, when YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, harden not your heart.

3. The Holy Spirit actually lives in us - thus its absurd to think He’d never communicate with us.

4. We are sons of God, He is our Father. That’s either true or it’s fiction. If it’s true, it’s ridiculous to claim that our Father ignore us and never speaks.

5. Jesus said He speaks to His sheep.

6. We are supposed to pray to God, which is communication. It’s ludicrous to claim it’s only a one way chat with our Father.

7. The testimony of millions of Christians is that it’s normative to hear God’s voice speak to His children.

8. Scripture warns us to stay away from dead churches that have a form of Godliness, but deny the dynamic Holy Spirit miracle working power, thereof.

That would be cessationist churches that deny miracles and spiritual gifts are for today, and deny God or the HS speaks today.

Upvote 0

marliebe

Nov 20, 2020
Virginia
✟16,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know there are different views on this, but regardless which kind of Christian we are, the Lord still commands us to love one another and to forgive one another as Christ Jesus forgave us. He still asks us also to keep watch over our words and to make sure they only are edifying to others (Ephesians 4:29 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen"). Let's be loving and civil. We are all brothers and sisters, no matter the denomination (given it is not a cult...).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
He was present in the body whenever he spoke. And the Holy Spirit recorded his words as scripture for when he ascended.
The Holy Spirit did not record Jesus's words, or even his actions on earth, just a tiny part of them.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct. Surprised? Apparently some are surprised. Yet remembering who deceives the whole world (according to God, according to Scripture, as written, as God Reveals) ...
The 'voices' in the world population are mostly , as God Says in the Bible, the enemy of Christ.
This includes, obviously?, as written, the spirits of the enemy talking to people, deceiving them daily, everywhere with "few" exceptions, as the Bible indicates.

Believe what you want.

Jesus said if we, being evil, don’t give a stone to our child when he asks for bread, nor a scorpion when he asks for a fish, how much MORE will our heaven Father GIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT, to those who ask - yet you claim God will give us a demon or allow one to deceive us.

We are warned to stay away from dead cessationist churches, in scripture.

Upvote 0

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Believe what you want.

Jesus said if we, being evil, don’t give a stone to our child when he asks for bread, nor a scorpion when he asks for a fish, how much MORE will our heaven Father GIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT, to those who ask - yet you claim God will give us a demon or allow one to deceive us.

We are warned to stay away from dead cessationist churches, in scripture.
I'm still not seeing anything you say contrdicting anything I posted at all. Perhaps if you would be more specific ?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friend! I used to think this way too. These gifts still happen! I go to the largest Christian university in the world (Liberty University), and thousands of Christians are here, all in once place. There are Christians from all walks of life, all ages, all life situations, countries, economic status, races, etc. It is so beautiful. One of our Bible professors comes from another country (for his safety, I will not say where). He works also as a missionary and he said he didn't believe in healings until he started doing mission work. One day in a closed country (I will also not specify this for safety), he was with a tribe, and a man had a tumor. They had no doctor, so they prayed, and before their eyes, the tumor fell off! And there have been other miracles as well. I have things I have seen and witnessed as well--and they surprised me. This is why I now believe in more in the supernatural power of God, in the voice of the Holy Spirit, and the spiritual gifts. I used to not believe this, but as I trust the Lord and witness His working power, I learn more as times goes on. I am not saying that the Lord will always heal everyone--no. He doesn't promise to heal everyone, as Jesus didn't heal everyone who came to Him when He was in His ministry. In fact, there was a time where he was in Galilee, and the disciples wanted Him to heal more people, but He said "we must go!" But there were more people who wanted to get healed! (Mark 1:35-39). Jesus knows what the best will is, and His will is always good. He will not heal everyone in an earthly way, but sometimes He does. Whenever He does, it is for His glory.
The prayer of faith heals the sick. But you don't see genuine gifts of the Spirit healing today.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The prayer of faith heals the sick. But you don't see genuine gifts of the Spirit healing today.
God still shows His power today, He just doesn't usually show it, or show it off, where everybody can usually will, or most certainly will, notice or see it a lot of the time, etc...

And He has "certain reasons" for that today, only some of which having to do with the judgement that is coming, etc, and He also has His some of His "other reasons" also, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0