Is this the end of days or do I just see the signs of the end to come?

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
He is bad. He's embolden racists such as Proud boys telling them to stand down and stand by ( who says that?) He called pows and fallen soldiers suckers and losers, made fun of the disabled.
Lied about the severity of the Corona virus.

They come together in rallies of thousands, as you say, because they also support DTs racist and divise rhetoric.

Why people continue to think DT is a saint is beyond me.

You have misunderstood. "Stand down and stand by" (or "stand ready" if you will) are terms very, very familiar to the military.

"Stand down" means there is no emergency now, thanks for coming, and we'll call you again if we need you.
"Stand by" means the situation is under control, but your help might be necessary, so don't leave yet.

P.S. you're listening to too much Democratic rhetoric.

Upvote 0

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Thanks for the answers everyone, I realize now that my observations then have probably been from a more personal angle. I'm also sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling about politics, I seriously don't understand the Trump-phenomena in USA, so I guess it's a cultural thing, as for example Whaling is something I don't see anything wrong with, as long as it not practiced on endangered species and is for food, since it's part of my culture. I'm specially baffled that Christians seem to support the very unusual politics, since I myself are seriously worried about the consequences for the world as a whole. Also I'm worried since the Republican Party without a doubt are using the votes of Christians systematically, and I see things as abortion as symbolic issues and look at it as cruel to make it unlawful, because I have heard of how it is like from friends that talk about partners that chose abortions and understand that it's a very difficult thing to relate to emotionally, to might have been a parent to a child that never happened and don't think anyone choose abortion to be wicked, because it's a very sad thing for many, that what might had been a child is something a woman can take a pill against, and it end up in the toilet. I don't think that's something people have to be stigmatized about. It's a matter for God and his judgement, how I see it. The same thing with homosexual relationships, I don't think it's the business of Christians to judge gay couples, no more then it's the business of Christians to scream out of the immorality of going to a pub and getting drunk, talking s**t and laughing about dirty jokes, and having sex with someone random just for the sake of it. And again with how many are looking at the Israel-Palestine conflict as if it is the duty of Christians to be "pro-Israel", at the local free-church (or what is the word for a building where Christians meet, but it's not a traditional church building with a bell tower?) they have a national flag standing together with the flag of Israel, and so I understand it's a custom from USA, and it's taboo to speak of Arabs as if they ever experience anything unjust and anyone have an excuse ready if Israel answer a terror attack by a bombing campaign killing lots of children. But yes, I just had to get all of that out.

It's just sometimes it's like I get a revelation, and I can see very clearly how history plays out. With how terrorism have become such a serious crime for people in the West while for Muslims it's viewed as if those that kill others and themselves are "martyrs", once after 911 I had a kind of realization that the mark of the beast will be given and denial of God and/or Jesus and veneration a political correct sort of world leader, Anti-Christ, will be seen as a way to denounce terrorism, and if people are not willing to bow down, it will be presented as simply a symbolic act, a way to show that one agree with something virtuous and that if the Christians cannot worship "god", then it's no pity for those that will be left outside of "civilized" society. Yet it will naturally become an extremely serious matter for those confronted with this, to for example have to say no, and then have no ability to buy food or clothes or keep a roof over the head, not just for oneself but for a wife and children too...

I'm a very eager student of contemporary history of USA and the politics of it, since it's an empire without equal in world history, but interesting enough, it got about the same number of military troops to guard it's frontiers in Europe and Asia as Rome did. So that might be why I see USA as a central player in the end of times, but as I've already mentioned, USA also have a vital role in when it come to Israel, and this again is connected to Christendom. So when I see so many things going wrong in USA, and personally it seem like people have gone crazy, but realize it's a different experience of reality according to what sort of politics a person is likely to support, and if Fox News or CNN make more or less sense, but in Trump in his flippant tone explaining on live TV that he's "the chosen one", I see someone that are making way for the Anti-Christ, just like someone who is treading a path for those behind through deep snow. With the natural disasters that have been happening, it's like they are screaming out some sort of significance, at least to me, and perhaps it's something God is sharing with me, as I know I'm one of the least of the followers of Christ, and understand that the weakness I see in myself really is weakness, but the same time a strength for God, since is so dearly need Jesus. No worry though, I'd never suggest I know what time or date it will be for the second coming of Christ, since the bible is crystal clear on this. Or it could be that I'm putting extreme importance to something, I have to admit I'm very unsure about myself. Yet I see how many think that things such as the mark of the Beast is, as one of the posts above suggest, something that will require technology. But I felt it was a revelation with "Why will the mark be on a hand or the head"? Then realizing it's in case of people with no arms, then they get the mark on the forehead. I don't think this is a computer chip or a vaccine or anything like that, but as with baptism, or as with confessing the faith to others, standing openly in front of men and God and denying Christ and knowingly venerating a man that call himself a "god", this is the significant thing about it, and the mark that show publicly that this is a decision one have done is not that important. I don't understand what six six six means, but I don't think it relates to numerology, perhaps specially since this is a thing so many intellectuals seem to be so eager to want to explain, that it is about "kaisar Neron".

I don't think the current pandemic is a reason in itself for thinking the end is near, as there's been periods of far greater suffering, as mentioned above, and specially in WW1 along with the Spanish Influenza, and WW2 with all the blood-soaked acts of wickedness and murder, where specially the Holocaust naturally have a significance central to the Jews and Israel. Although as birth-pangs I do think that just as World War 2 was of even deeper cruelty and suffering then the slaughter of industrial warfare during the Great War, so it seem logical to think that something even worse is ahead of us, then what we saw in WW2. With the population growth and all the pessimistic forecasts for the future, with warnings of climate change and global warming, of nuclear war, of a water crisis and how humanity up to this point have been growing due to artificial means such as the extreme importance of chemical fertilizers, and preventing that harvests go bad with other chemicals, the just as extreme importance of energy, of the fact that we are but a tiny dot of a planet extremely vulnerable to changes in the universe around us, we are living as if on Ireland before the Great Famine, reliant on a single crop, so are we too placing our trust in a very fragile world and I just can't picture myself as living peacefully to a ripe old age and dying in peace, there's so much that can go wrong and I know this is probably more a lack of faith in God, but I've been worried about the future my whole life, and don't seem much hope in the world, and the more I understand about the world and how humanity works, the darker the picture seem to get.

Anyway, this is too much written, and I haven't really gotten to express what I feel I've seen into, but I've understood things a bit better. Thanks again for anyone that have shared their thoughts with me. God bless you all.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's turned into a joke for people with how bad 2020 have been and I understand that many use joke and laughter as a kind of vent for fearful things. I see something much more in all that is happening though and maybe it's media being most active there, or perhaps it really is something really bad that will happen in USA. The latter feels likely.

This, the most pride-filled of all of the nations, have been cast down as never before. I guess this happen to all empires, however there have never been an empire that have spread across the world like this, with hundreds of thousands of soldiers around the world, bases or at least presence of soldiers in virtually all the UN nations, both covert and overt. Now the world have seen a really dark side of what kind of person Americans have elected to become their leader, and if Antichrist would want to gain all power in the world, what better path would he get to follow, but the one that is being trodden right now, where truth loses all meaning and God is being blasphemed around the world because of what people do in His name?

I see not only a military power, but financial power, technological power, political power, and all this together with a strong bond with Israel, and a president that have been joking about being "the chosen one", something many already believe in the conspiracy echo-chambers of the internet. The worst, most disheartening thing however is that Christians seem to support the current leader, I don't know if it's naivety or if wolves in sheep clothing in holy places have become so normal that people have come to believe that this is the way it's supposed to be.

The whole earth seem to be enraged toward what's going on in the world now. Today there's been an 7.5 magnitude earthquake in Alaska, there's wildfires the likes of what have never been before, there's a plague with no end in sight, there's war and rumors of war, there's starvation, love have turned cold in most, still people don't realize that they have to repent and turn to God, and the reputation of Christians have never been so low I think, nor have blasphemy towards Jesus been so widespread. I don't think I've seen a single movie from Hollywood for example where they use "Jesus!" as a way to express disgust.

I'm guessing that if I'm thinking these things, then most Christians are? What do you all think of the heading to these words? Do you all see the same as I see? It's almost at a point where it wouldn't surprise me if the sun turned black and day turned into night.

But the last time I checked, the “plandemic” hit a whole lot of nations around the world, not just America.

You can thank enviro Nazis for how bad forest fires are today.

They stopped the clearing of heavy underbrush and stopped building fire breaks.

Upvote 0

jabattler1976bhc

Nov 8, 2020
Australia
✟26,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'The world system of politics, economics, education, entertainment, the military, government and every human institution is controlled by Satan. ''

Some people in Baptist church where I used to go said that the government is appointed by God..
God is in control
So now I feel confused...
Regarding education controlled by Satan....it may be true in some way based on my
personal experience of 'education'
I went to primary school in an all boys school and the way the teachers treated
us was so strange - we were only children but they wanted to make us
'responsible' for some reason....
One day I remember I didn't tidy something in the classroom and the teacher gave a lecture to everyone about it and I remember feeling uncomfortable because I knew he was talking about me

This was crazy - I think I was not even 10 years old at the time

Then I went to secondary school again all boys school a very well known one with a 'good reputation'
- but some of the students were very bad - I know of one case where a student got expelled for dealing
I was lucky I didn't get beaten up - in the 1st year I was there I was only 12 and one of the bullies
grabbed my tie and seemed as though he was going to do something in front of the other students but he didn't take a swing or anything so no
physical damage was done - what an idiot
Other bad things happened to do with racism in the classroom and the teacher knew what was going on but
didn't get rid of the students which would have been the right thing to do
so I ended up alone as an introvert

So I think these bad experiences have affected my life a lot and explains partly why I
am not 'successful' compared to other people

Upvote 0