Oct 25, 2015
✟7,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. My faith has been strengthened greatly in the past few weeks by viewing websites dedicated to answering Christian questions such as Gotquestions. I was wondering though, there are some websites which say that God does not exist, these websites have names such as godisimaginary.com and similar sites. I feel bad for looking at one because of the name it has. Of course I believe in the God and I believe that he is not imaginary. Is it wrong to view these sites with the intention to see what arguments are on it. I never want to offend God.

Reactions: BeStill&Know

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I would say it depends on how strong or weak your faith is. If somethings poses a threat to the strength of your faith then it would be wise for 'that' person to avoid it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi everyone. My faith has been strengthened greatly in the past few weeks by viewing websites dedicated to answering Christian questions such as Gotquestions. I was wondering though, there are some websites which say that God does not exist, these websites have names such as godisimaginary.com and similar sites. I feel bad for looking at one because of the name it has. Of course I believe in the God and I believe that he is not imaginary. Is it wrong to view these sites with the intention to see what arguments are on it. I never want to offend God.

I would say stay away from those sites, especially if you are a new Christian. Wait until your faith is strong and rock solid. And even then I wouldn't recommend it, but especially not now. :prayer:
Philippians 4:8 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As long as you are well grounded in the Word, and that takes lots of time, study, and prayer.

I understand looking at these sites to see their arguments against the Christian faith, but then taking each one and developing a logical, scriptural, apologetics stand. Apologetics is being able to defend THE faith, the Gospel message.
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Here's a good article about that. I like gotquestions too, there is a lot of info. there.
http://www.gotquestions.org/defend-faith.html

Upvote 0

Demetrius194

HolySprit+ClearConscience=Salvation
Oct 3, 2015
✟15,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin is only what your conscience is telling you is sin, please read Romans 14:14. Everyone is at a different stage in their Christian walk, and to some something is sin which to others is not. If your conscience had convicted you, that means it was a sin to you, you should have come to terms with God about it, being sorry about it and even better repenting from doing it again, works well on God, meaning you should not have obstacles to receive His forgiveness by faith for it.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As your faith, what little you may have, has been so recently manifested, it would be good to stay away from sites that could waver you. A child of God is kept from sin though: 1 John 5:18

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If reading the opinions of atheists about the existence of God is a sin everyone here of CF is in trouble. Obviously the moderators here do not think it is a sin or they would not allow the atheists that come here to express their opinions on the subject.

Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If reading the opinions of atheists about the existence of God is a sin everyone here of CF is in trouble. Obviously the moderators here do not think it is a sin or they would not allow the atheists that come here to express their opinions on the subject.

No it's not a sin, I just don't know if it's good for someone who's a new Christian. But no it's not a sin.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No it's not a sin, I just don't know if it's good for someone who's a new Christian. But no it's not a sin.
I trust that God looks after us whether we are new or old Christians. I do not think that the opinions of atheists are to be feared. IMO there is no power to their arguments that could disrupt the relationship between a believer and God no matter how new that relationship might be.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are problems with these sites, I'll just name a few. i

1. Usually when they quote scripture it is out of context. A verse here, a verse there to try to make their point.
2. They are not lead by the Holy Spirit to be taught and to look at things spiritually, not just physically. Much about God are spiritual things, but they do not get this at all and twist the spiritual teachings.
3. You must be WELL versed in the Bible to know enough to be able to discern what is correct and incorrect on these sites.
4. Satan will take some of these issues they bring up, out of context or just plain false and use it to chisel at your faith. He knows our weaknesses.

I would not recommend it at all. You will hear enough questions on these forums. There are areas where you will meet unbelievers, because they can be in the non-congregational and general areas.

Don't give satan ammunition.

Got Questions is EXCELLENT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
However, it is the moderators who keep everyone in line and maintain the rules and enforce them. Those other sites have no rules and no moderation.

Also, on CF she is surrounded by other Christians along with the non-believers so she has support and some kind of balance to the non-believers.

She has protection here.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, it is the moderators who keep everyone in line and maintain the rules and enforce them. Those other sites have no rules and no moderation.

Also, on CF she is surrounded by other Christians along with the non-believers so she has support and some kind of balance to the non-believers.

She has protection here.

I would expect God is a better protector than any of us and He is with her at all times.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course, God is better, but we can be here for her too.

We ought to be. That was not the point, though. The point I am making is in my signature

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

In other words we have nothing to be afraid of in what others might say or write as God has given us the tools we need to discern the truth.

Upvote 0