✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
RCCdefender said:
What graven images. I really hope your not trying to use that argument are you. If you would like to learn the Catholic understanding of that I would be glad to help you but this forum is not the correct place. Feel free to come in OBOB and ask. Peace be with you.:thumbsup:

The tencommandments doesnt say its wrong to have statues in your church for ministry, it just says its wrong to make them. That makes the debate academic, no?

Upvote 0

ThatHillisonFire

Oct 3, 2005
✟551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesusong said:
This is where I have to disagree. The "great cloud of witnesses" are the testimonies of those who went home before us. We are surrounded by the great cloud of their testimony, to encourage us to keep pressing on to our higher calling. The communion of the saints are the saints here on earth. We are in communioin with each other in Christ. If the saints in heaven are aware of what's going on down here, then they they must be going through heartbreaking sadness knowing of the struggles we are going through, and seeing the spiritual decline of the church that some of them have given their lives for in testimony of the saving knowledge of Christ. Where is the "rest" in that?

Would it be ok if I speak in defence of our beloved Father Rick? What if that great cloud of witnesses is the undivided Church of the Living witnesses, simultaneously in Heaven and the Living witnesses on earth - the saints in Heaven and the saints on Earth all shine together like stars and all bear witness - they are the co-joined Cloud by Day and Pillar of Fire by night, because through them shines the inner Life of the Trinity in their all encompassing Love, ecstatic joy and continuous creativity.

Now in dealing with the present travails, which are the birth pangs, the Saints in Heaven understand that the Church will be tested and refined, there will be a falling away and a simultaneous establishment of the true Church, from every denomination, tribe, race and colour, those who follow the Lamb, and that in the anticipations leading up to the parousia or the second coming - there will be intense and fierce persecutions, which are used to sanctifying effect in our spiritual formation and reformation.

The Saints in Heaven are in the Living presence of the Desire of Nations and know the consummation of all things already - if they have any sadness it in the fact that we do not LIVE THE LIFE in enduring Faith.

I want you to know that in the intensity of your present personal struggles and the agony you are going through - God is already ministering to you and will bring you through - there is a Heavenly solution already being put into unstoppable and unbreakable effect - You will be delivered and deepened.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
lismore said:
Hi:wave:

In regards to deceased people peering at us and listening to us this is a new view for me. I thought they were awaiting a resurrection.

:scratch:

angels, maybe the story of satan may shed some light on angels for you. They are here.

both good and bad.

i am still learning much daily in my walk in the spirit, and i am finding many things to be true that christians will argue till they are blue in the face to defend now, because this is what they have been told as children.

maybe you guys just siimply beleive that the dead are dead and the angels are not watching over us, this is fine for you to beleive i suppose,

so is this a wide pentecostal view?

Do pentecost beleive that there are no angels on earth?

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
lismore said:
Hi:wave:

The dead as disembodied spirits, floating about and comminicating with us, thats a new one.

:scratch:

you have confirmed that you do not know anything about this, so maybe you are asking or are you challengeing what i have seen as truth?

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesusong said:
If the saints in heaven are aware of what's going on down here, then they they must be going through heartbreaking sadness knowing of the struggles we are going through, and seeing the spiritual decline of the church that some of them have given their lives for in testimony of the saving knowledge of Christ. Where is the "rest" in that?

Jesus, being a prophet would have been able to see the future in dreams, visions, and being a part of the father, some other things a bit beyond our human comprehension. That said, this reminds me of when Jesus weeped heavily while in prayer before he was crucified.

As a prophet he would have seen what a mess christianity would become before it came to pass. People are worshipping him as a god now, this mocks the father and is an abomination. Plus the greatest abomination of all, the law, which he says he did not come to abolish it, but to fulfill it, Jesus was the liveing law and only opposed the oral law, but i guess this is off topic ey.

Our saviour says to father to forgive them, for they know not what they do. What are they doing? We have abolished the law in his name. Without the law, there is lawlessness on earth.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
stone said:
you have confirmed that you do not know anything about this, so maybe you are asking or are you challengeing what i have seen as truth?

Hi stone!

Actually I did know there were angels, but the view that dead people were conscious of us was something I had not heard before except from spiritualist medium circles. I was not aware that this view was held by some Christians.
:)

I would be grateful to hear your insight on this.....................

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
stone said:
you do not beleive that the angels are watching over us?

Luke 4:10 For it is written: "He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully, they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lismore said:
A lot of this doesnt seem right somehow :scratch:

Say the Rosary every day...
Pray, pray a lot and offer sacrifices for sinners...
I'm Our Lady of the Rosary.
Only I will be able to help you.
...In the end My Immaculate Heart will triumph."
http://www.sacredheart.cc/Ministry/WebPrayers/CatholicPrayers.htm

To be honest with you, when I saw this I thought of this Psalm.

Psalm 121

A song of ascents.

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life; 8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

The reason I posted was that there seems to be a lot of stuff calling itself Christian going about. I saw the above quote on a visit two weeks ago to a 'Christian' retreat centre.

I wondered what you guys would think of its 'Christianity'

TA

:sorry:

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quote: ]I get the feeling that you are haveing an attitiude towards me and what i say. You question everything and ask for scripture to proove everything that you hear that you do not beleive to be true.

I see that your question is not for the gaining of knowledge but it is in an attempt to ridicule me.

Hi Stone:

I don't think they were making fun of you - I think they are sincere and want to know the answers.

I find what you say very interesting and we are suppose to ask for Scripture to back up beliefs - otherwise - we would have all kinds of beliefs floating around - Heaven knows we have enough now - I always back up with Scripture.

Upvote 0

mysparrow

Oct 13, 2005
Indiana
✟16,337.00
Faith
Christian
Reactions: Jesusong
Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
FireOfGod said:
Errr... Fair game?

It is another way of saying it is open season. As when hunters go out to hunt. If it is deer season then it is ok to shoot deer. That is what is meant by fair game. In relation to Catholic doctrine, some people believe hunting season is always open when particular apsects are brought forth. I can see the need for discussion but the idea behind fair game is to kill the prey.

Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

ChristianMuse said:
It is another way of saying it is open season. As when hunters go out to hunt. If it is deer season then it is ok to shoot deer. That is what is meant by fair game. In relation to Catholic doctrine, some people believe hunting season is always open when particular apsects are brought forth. I can see the need for discussion but the idea behind fair game is to kill the prey.

Thank you!

Funny how some folks can talk lovingly out of one side of their mouths and so judgingly from the other.

Wouldn't it be better to focus on the beautiful Person who brings us our Salvation, Jesus, our Lord?

We do not depend on the Mother of Jesus for our Salvation. She allowed herself to be a vessel, said, "yes" to God and SALVATION entered the world. That was her contribution. Now, all she can do is pray. We do believe she can do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.