CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't intend to offend anybody.. Im just trying to be honest about the sin i committed.. I question whether it can even be forgiven and how severe its considered to be.. I removed my grandmothers statue of jesus on the cross from the wall and urinated/spit all over it swearing loyalty to satan.. I then cleaned it off put it back and regretted it.. But i went back a few weeks later and spit on it again vowing to do it every day for my pain but i havent done it since and regretted it even more

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why do you do this? Is it some kind of compulsion (do you suffer from OCD), or is it an expression of anger at your grandmother, or something else? It seems like an odd action to do repeatedly, especially since you seem to regret it afterwards.

Upvote 0

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you do this? Is it some kind of compulsion (do you suffer from OCD), or is it an expression of anger at your grandmother, or something else? It seems like an odd action to do repeatedly, especially since you seem to regret it afterwards.
I was expressing anger towards god and i felt that she was ignorant for believing in him after all the things she knows i went through.. I don't have ocd.. I would gladly take that over the depression, anger, anxiety and ptsd i do have

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Here is the bottom line, if you came to Jesus Christ and believed in Him, His death burial and resurrection and confessed your sin you would be forgiven. Period. But if you want that forgiven and still be atheist, well then no because you don't even recognize God. If there is no God , then how is it you know that this is a sin and why do you regret it ?

Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not a condirmed athiest.. I only put that as my religion because im considering it and currently on the borderline.. I was going to put what i was baptized (Episcopalian) but i havent taken part in any of it for so many years i didnt think it would be appropriate to identify as one.. I wanted to believe but its pretty much an uphill battle right now.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am not a condirmed athiest.. I only put that as my religion because im considering it and currently on the borderline.. I was going to put what i was baptized (Episcopalian) but i havent taken part in any of it for so many years i didnt think it would be appropriate to identify as one.. I wanted to believe but its pretty much an uphill battle right now.
Tyler, Jesus is calling you believe it !!

If I were you I'd ignore the signals from Satan.

Upvote 0

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As tempting as that is idk if il be able to.. I find very little justice in the world we live in.. For example my father did horrible things and abandoned my mother and i.. when cobfronted about it he blames me and is taunting and cocky.. He refuses to change and to even apoligize and yet he is allowed to collect a state pension, retire and live freely and i have to suffer through depression and issues that would have been much less severe had he been a better person.. Thats why its so hard to believe

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people -Matt 12:31​

If you are alive, you can repent and be forgiven. Many of us blasphemed God before we saw our need for Him. And the Bible says it is His kindness that leads us to repentance. He gave so much, so that you could have a relationship with Him. And like the father of the prodigal son (Luke chapter 15), He's waiting for you to return.

Here's our problem. When things go wrong, we blame God. We think He's in control and can do anything, but He has given everyone free will, and they can choose to ignore God. It is a big mistake to walk away from God because of what people do. Much better to stay close to Him as you walk through the pain. He will see you out to the other side, and you'll be better than before. But you have to give Him a chance to work in you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people -Matt 12:31​

If you are alive, you can repent and be forgiven. Many of us blasphemed God before we saw our need for Him. And the Bible says it is His kindness that leads us to repentance. He gave so much, so that you could have a relationship with Him. And like the father of the prodigal son (Luke chapter 15), He's waiting for you to return.

Here's our problem. When things go wrong, we blame God. We think He's in control and can do anything, but He has given everyone free will, and they can choose to ignore God. It is a big mistake to walk away from God because of what people do. Much better to stay close to Him as you walk through the pain. He will see you out to the other side, and you'll be better than before. But you have to give Him a chance to work in you.
Whats the best place to start giving him a chance

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As tempting as that is idk if il be able to.. I find very little justice in the world we live in.. For example my father did horrible things and abandoned my mother and i.. when cobfronted about it he blames me and is taunting and cocky.. He refuses to change and to even apoligize and yet he is allowed to collect a state pension, retire and live freely and i have to suffer through depression and issues that would have been much less severe had he been a better person.. Thats why its so hard to believe
Do you understand that none of that is God's doing, we are accountable for our own actions ? Your father will have to answer for this and the revenge is God's not yours. But your case is one where you could really use the Love of Jesus in your life. He really does love you.

Reactions: Tylerx95
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't intend to offend anybody.. Im just trying to be honest about the sin i committed.. I question whether it can even be forgiven and how severe its considered to be.. I removed my grandmothers statue of jesus on the cross from the wall and urinated/spit all over it swearing loyalty to satan.. I then cleaned it off put it back and regretted it.. But i went back a few weeks later and spit on it again vowing to do it every day for my pain but i havent done it since and regretted it even more

Well, Paul wrote about half of the New Testament or pretty close, and before he was saved by Jesus Christ, he persecuted actual Christians. In the flesh.

There's a good reason Jesus chose Paul for one of His biggest new converts--Paul, "the worst of sinners", by his own admission.

Jesus chose the lowly, the downtrodden, the outcast, and sometimes, sure, the high-born in society. He might choose you, too. But you won't know if you turn to Satan. Don't do that, please. It's not child's play. Please be well.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The best thing to do is very simple. Take what you've written here, and say it to Him as a prayer. Get the situation out in the open with Him. Ask Him to help you, to get you to where you need to be. Start reasoning with Him about what you're feeling, about everything you're going through. If you mean it, you will begin to sense wisdom coming from heaven, and comfort for those raw feelings.

I think you understand that the feelings you've been having are destructive and harmful to you. He has better for you. Much better. He can get you to a place where you will be able to say, what was done against me was bad, but it no longer has me in its grip. I am free, because Jesus made me free. He loved me and forgave me even when I was in my sin, and He gave me power to overcome everything the world threw at me.

You're young and have your whole life ahead of you. The choices you make now really matter. Look at this verse:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - 1Jo 1:9 KJV​

You see how simple it is. You make a sincere confession, and He will forgive, and what's more, He will begin to work in you to cleanse you of the stuff that had you bound. It may take time, but stick with it.

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just start by talking to Him. Be honest, and spill out your heart to Him. His love for you is greater than you can ever imagine. In the process, you might even consider apologizing to Him for urinating/spitting on Him in your anger. (BTW- He's been spat on before- Matthew 26:67). You could say to Him what you'd say to your grandmother if you'd urinated/spat all over her. Ask Him to soften your heart to receive Him.
I want you to know I'm so sorry for all that you've been through, @Tylerx95, and I'm praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

God is always waiting with open arms for us to repent and turn from our ways back to His ways. As much as you have done, there have been people who have been forgiven for doing far worse. To put it bluntly, God's ability to forgive is greater than your ability to sin.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saul of Tarsus first appears in scripture guarding the clothes of those executing Stephen (Acts 7:58). He immediately follows this action by going door to door rounding up Christians to put in prison (Acts 8:3). We next see Saul on the road to Damscus, where he was headed to round up and persecute more Christians. It was along this road that Jesus came to him, converted him, and commissioned him to spread the Gospel (Acts 9:1-19).

Long and short of it, you’re far from the worst sinner Jesus forgives. Repent, have faith, and press into Him.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Doesn’t that sound like you are trying to hurt yourself now because others have hurt you?

Why would you not want the love of a perfect God?

Because your father hurt you? All the more reason to find real, true love in your life.

Let all that hurt go and move forward. Your not hurting your dad, your HURTING YOU.

Upvote 0