• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is this anxiety or what??

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟7,710.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
its over six months now when i got the first anxiety attack or i think it was an anxiety attack. The thing is at that point of time, i had failed my exams and was preparing for the re-tests, most of my friends had gotten through in the first attempt and were enjoying vacations, it was totally eating me from inside that i was the only guy from our group studying and i think that triggered the anxiety off. I started repeating sentences i was studying over and over again even after i knew them well, it was getting really tough to study because everytime i thought of going ahead i went right back to repeating those sentences just to see if i'd not forgotten them, it still happens regularly and not just while studying, but even on a normal course i just pick up sentences and i start repeating and visualizing as if i din't understand easily what the sentence meant even if the sentence was really simple, like i may just take any random sentence from what i'm writing here and start repeating. Most of the times after great struggle i just manage to get over it and at other times it'll take me more time, sometimes it just wont stop until i've sapped myself of all emotional energy. the same also happens with numbers. also when this happens i feel uncomfortable at the jaw, heart beat increases and it feels really pathetic. Please tell me what this is guys and pray for me.

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm so sorry you are suffering with this. It sure sounds like some kind of anxiety disorder to me but a professional could do a lengthy diagnosis. Have you sought any help? Often when something is disrupting our lives and making us miserable a psychiatrist can help. I hope you keep posting here for support. There are many here who have the same problems who can relate. When I was in college the stress of it made me very ill.

Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟7,710.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
what kind of stress did you go through? I am just so miserable right now, i'm just waiting for another 11 days to go by, that's when my last exam get's done for this term. Please pray for me. I feel this thing is hereditary too because my mom and my mom's brother suffered from the same, i'll visit a psychiatrist soon, maybe after the exams, thank you :)

Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟7,710.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yep, thankyou Sister, my mom's given me loads of tips already :D and the best part is, i'm pretty sure someone has prayed pretty hard for me apart from myself because after that day the bouts of attacks have been considerably mild (not just vanished of course) :) Thanks a ton. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Klesk

Aug 4, 2009
NC
✟15,223.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey man, I can relate to what you're going through. I've certainly had a similar anxiety in my life years ago. First off- I know this can be difficult, but try not to get yourself down about not doing well on tests. I can remember when I failed my first driving test (written AND the actual driving part), and it ate me alive. But its ok. You learn from your mistakes. You will always be your worst critic.

That being said, I would encourage you to continue to pray about your situation. Pray that God would remove your anxiety so that you can focus on getting the job done with minimal interference from the anxiety. 1 Peter 5:7 says to cast all your anxieties on Christ because He cares for you. Its not easy to do, but continue to pray about and ask others to continue to pray for you as well! You'll get through it man! Dont let it get you down!

Upvote 0