Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Your comparables are completely confusing. Having pictures and trusting someone not to kill you? I don't get the connection at all.

I said previously about standing near a cliff. What if someone pushes you off. Or if you're waiting to cross the road, and someone pushes you into the road and car, is that stupid of you?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think anyone's diminishing the crime. They're saying that certain crimes could be prevented by the use of a little basic common sense on the part of the victim.

But that's irrelevant. The crime has still been committed, and the victim did nothing to make them deserving of it.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh good Heavens. No one is saying that. :doh:

So then we agree that you could leave your front door wide open with all your expensive TVs and stuff there for all to see and you would still carry no blame if it is stolen?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So then we agree that you could leave your front door wide open with all your expensive TVs and stuff there for all to see and you would still carry no blame if it is stolen?

Are you being intentionally obtuse? There is a difference between deserving an action and the reality that poor decisions on your part contributed to that action.

Upvote 0

possibletarian

Dec 27, 2016
Peak District
✟33,311.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Are you being intentionally obtuse? There is a difference between deserving an action and the reality that poor decisions on your part contributed to that action.

I'm confused, How could that be construed as contributing ?
You may have made the act of stealing easier, and therefore more tempting to the thief, but you didn't encourage anyone to steal your T.V.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm confused, How could that be construed as contributing ?
You may have made the act of stealing easier, and therefore more tempting to the thief, but you didn't encourage anyone to steal your T.V.

It could have been easily prevented by exercising some common sense.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It could have been easily prevented by exercising some common sense.

Totally irrelevant to my point. Leaving the door open does not in any way make it more justifiable for someone to steal the stuff inside. It does not reduce their blame in any way, and it does not put the blame on the person who leaves the door open.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Totally irrelevant to my point. Leaving the door open does not in any way make it more justifiable for someone to steal the stuff inside. It does not reduce their blame in any way, and it does not put the blame on the person who leaves the door open.

Is it my responsibility to defend your point?

You inquired of me regarding my post. I explained it to you repeatedly, and you seem upset that it doesn't comply with your narrative. With all due Christian love and respect, that truly is not my problem. To quote one of my favorite political commentators, "Facts don't care about [our] feelings."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Supervisor Hat ON
friendly-reminder.jpg
ADDRESS POST NOT POSTER.png
Thank You!

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is it my responsibility to defend your point?

You inquired of me regarding my post. I explained it to you repeatedly, and you seem upset that it doesn't comply with your narrative. With all due Christian love and respect, that truly is not my problem. To quote one of my favorite political commentators, "Facts don't care about [our] feelings."

When was I asking you to defend my point?

All I'm asking is this:

A person who leaves their front door open does not carry any blame if someone robs their house. Do you agree with this - yes or no?

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When was I asking you to defend my point?

All I'm asking is this:

A person who leaves their front door open does not carry any blame if someone robs their house. Do you agree with this - yes or no?

The next time you shut and lock the front door of your house, ask yourself why you're doing it. That'll answer your question. Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The next time you shut and lock the front door of your house, ask yourself why you're doing it. That'll answer your question. Have a blessed day.

I'm doing it to make it harder for people who want to steal my stuff. I'm not doing it because I think I'll be to blame if I'm robbed.

And that doesn't answer my question. Are you able to give me a yes or a no?

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm doing it to make it harder for people who want to steal my stuff. I'm not doing it because I think I'll be to blame if I'm robbed.

And that doesn't answer my question. Are you able to give me a yes or a no?

Your actions answer your question. God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums