Is this a good philosophy in its big picture?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Most important: God, he is the source of everything, the source of goodness, he is the centerpiece of my life.

2. The Bible: the book of books, the king of books, everything needs to match with God's word, if it doesn't match it is to be discarded. Study it, and meditate on God's word daily and apply it to my life.

3. My education: School is important, I am to honor God with my studies and give him thanks for the wisdom he brings. Make sure I get my school work done before anything else. I can rely on what my teachers tell me UNLESS they talk about religion or morality. God is my go-to source for that.

4. Physical health: Eat foods regarded as healthy, and make sure to work out at the gym 45 minutes a day at least lifting weights and cycling through a balanced program made by professionals. Or do physical activity like mountain biking or rock climbing. Make sure to get 9-10 hours of sleep a day, use natural toothpaste and facewash,etc. Take good care of myself with the body God gave me.

4. Family, and social life: Be a good son to my dad and mom, help them out. On free time hang around with friends and do activities with them (Bike riding, basketball, movies). Have a good number of Born Again Christians as friends, and even reach out to some non-Christian friends to later introduce them to the faith. Real Genuine friends only

5. Freetime: Either I study the Bible, theology, or history, and I enjoy mountain biking and rock climbing as my two main sports. Rarely do I watch TV or play video games since physical activities are more enjoyable and better.

I don't know a whole lot, I live a simple life.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Most important: God, he is the source of everything, the source of goodness, he is the centerpiece of my life.

2. The Bible: the book of books, the king of books, everything needs to match with God's word, if it doesn't match it is to be discarded. Study it, and meditate on God's word daily and apply it to my life.

3. My education: School is important, I am to honor God with my studies and give him thanks for the wisdom he brings. Make sure I get my school work done before anything else. I can rely on what my teachers tell me UNLESS they talk about religion or morality. God is my go-to source for that.

4. Physical health: Eat foods regarded as healthy, and make sure to work out at the gym 45 minutes a day at least lifting weights and cycling through a balanced program made by professionals. Or do physical activity like mountain biking or rock climbing. Make sure to get 9-10 hours of sleep a day, use natural toothpaste and facewash,etc. Take good care of myself with the body God gave me.

4. Family, and social life: Be a good son to my dad and mom, help them out. On free time hang around with friends and do activities with them (Bike riding, basketball, movies). Have a good number of Born Again Christians as friends, and even reach out to some non-Christian friends to later introduce them to the faith. Real Genuine friends only

5. Freetime: Either I study the Bible, theology, or history, and I enjoy mountain biking and rock climbing as my two main sports. Rarely do I watch TV or play video games since physical activities are more enjoyable and better.

Those look like good goals to start with, you can refine them as you go along. You might want to consider having a Bible teacher to help you better understand what you read in God's Word.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'd have to own a gym business to get in 45 minutes a day. I stand and sit and walk 10 hours at work, but I've not been in a gym 45 minutes in my life. Even our HS gym periods were less than that.

Oh, see if you can find a deodorant that works without aluminum. Good luck.

Upvote 0